Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 1:39:44 AM EDT

I recently purchased a Nikon F3 with a E-series 50mm f/1.8.  I haven't shot film since I was a in elementary school running around with my moms point and shoot wasting film.  I really enjoyed shooting with film as it forces you to spend more time composing your shots as you know you are limited with how many shots you have.

Any one else still shoot film?

Shot on Ilford XP2 Super ISO 400 with a Nikon F3.

Atlanta on Film by LukeCrawford, on Flickr

Where's the exit? by LukeCrawford, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Love it!  Thanks for sharing!  

I'm a very low-volume film shooter.  I just sent in two rolls for development that were taken over the last two years.  

I love the B&W!  I used to shoot Kodak T-Max 100 when I was a kid in middle school and high school.  I had my own little darkroom in the basement and did all of my own developing and printing.  I really sucked (and still do) but I think I enjoyed the technical aspect as much as anything.  

What did you do for developing and scanning?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot a lot of 120. Either in a Flexaret VII or a Yashica Mat 124.

I have a couple underwater film cameras too, a Nikonos V, and a Nikonos RS. The glass available for the RS is amazing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Love it!  Thanks for sharing!  

I'm a very low-volume film shooter.  I just sent in two rolls for development that were taken over the last two years.  

I love the B&W!  I used to shoot Kodak T-Max 100 when I was a kid in middle school and high school.  I had my own little darkroom in the basement and did all of my own developing and printing.  I really sucked (and still do) but I think I enjoyed the technical aspect as much as anything.  

What did you do for developing and scanning?
View Quote
We have two local places that still develop and scan film so I used them.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Good shots!

I'm heavily into film and have been for about a year.  I DO still shoot with digital cameras (D600, NEX5n, K20D), but lately, my digitals have been gathering dust.

I now have 3 large format cameras (Zone VI 4x5, Crown Graphic 4x5, Sinar F2 4x5), six medium format cameras (Rolleichord Vb, Mamiya RB67, Century Graphic, Yashica mat 124G, Agfa Commander, and I forget the other one) and too many 35mm cameras to list.

I also have set up a darkroom at my shop.  It cost a total of $200.00 and includes 2 enlargers, a Leica Leitz Focomat IIc and an Omega D5xl 4x5 with color head.

Film gets to be a sickness after a while
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good shots!

I'm heavily into film and have been for about a year.  I DO still shoot with digital cameras (D600, NEX5n, K20D), but lately, my digitals have been gathering dust.

I now have 3 large format cameras (Zone VI 4x5, Crown Graphic 4x5, Sinar F2 4x5), six medium format cameras (Rolleichord Vb, Mamiya RB67, Century Graphic, Yashica mat 124G, Agfa Commander, and I forget the other one) and too many 35mm cameras to list.

I also have set up a darkroom at my shop.  It cost a total of $200.00 and includes 2 enlargers, a Leica Leitz Focomat IIc and an Omega D5xl 4x5 with color head.

Film gets to be a sickness after a while
View Quote
That is awesome!

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I learned on film.

Thank God for technology advancements.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#7]
XP2 Super is neat stuff. Great if you don't process at home and plan on scanning.

Try exposing it at 200 or 100.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top