Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Posted: 2/11/2024 8:46:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Towely]
I grabbed it because it's cross-platform so I can play with the wife.

Turned out to be surprisingly fun.  It's simple, chaotic, and it just works.

Nothing more exciting than dropping a daisy chain of airstrikes and arty at your feet as you frantically leapfrog backwards while being overrun by a swarm of bugs.

Edit:  post your info in the following format to get added to the master list of arfcommers

Arf Name-----------Helldivers Name----------Steam Code-------PS5 Code

Link to list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Fp3_KF1fU4h-nnShpBNbf0P3RyL-oMhbkE8dmUeKlk/edit?usp=sharing
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I turned in a ticket this morning.

When I try to accept a friend invite it does nothing, then when I go back to friends list all my social tabs say "please wait democratically" and has a spinning circle for hours. So I can't join any friends squads. Very annoying.

Talked a friend into buying it on PC last week and we haven't been able to play yet because of it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RottenPumpkin:
I turned in a ticket this morning.

When I try to accept a friend invite it does nothing, then when I go back to friends list all my social tabs say "please wait democratically" and has a spinning circle for hours. So I can't join any friends squads. Very annoying.

Talked a friend into buying it on PC last week and we haven't been able to play yet because of it.
View Quote

I have the same issue.. On PS5. Buddy sent me a friend request.. I accept it... Nothing.. Shows 0 friends online and the dreaded "please wait democratically"
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
On PC, Steam friend requests seem to work better than the ingame requests
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

New major order with a new mission. Also on some Terminid missions, there's a new side objective that I won't spoil for you unless you really want to be spoiled:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
@DirtDivision

I know how you blew up in the mech now.  There's a bug where if you turn left then right, if you immediately fire off a rocket before the crosshair catches up with your actual radial movement, it "hits you" and you're dead.  Doesn't have to be anything around you for it to happen.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
@DirtDivision

I know how you blew up in the mech now.  There's a bug where if you turn left then right, if you immediately fire off a rocket before the crosshair catches up with your actual radial movement, it "hits you" and you're dead.  Doesn't have to be anything around you for it to happen.
View Quote

That would make sense. I’ve seen a couple blurbs about it on Instagram.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Nice patch this morning!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_4098_jpeg-3156905.JPG
View Quote

I’m still waiting for them to fix the crossplay friend request issue. Two of my friends are on PS5 and we can’t play together cause I’m on PC. Hasn’t stopped me from spreading managed democracy though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
The Termicide activation missions got old real fast.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#9]
So now I lose my loadout and character voice options whenever I get off and it keeps doing those damn popups like I just started playing the game.

I think 50% of the bugs are bile spewers now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
View Quote
And the other 50% are Stalkers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sounds like my old dating life
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:52:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#12]
I tested the flamethrower late last night and it no shit kills a Charger in something like 8 seconds or 3/4th a tank of fuel.  Now whether you can do that without setting yourself on fire because there's grass or little bugs mobbing you is another story.

Still loving the arc-thrower.  It works well with my "can't really aim good" strategy

I knew this was going to happen when they let us all try out the Patriot walker with basically an extra stratagem, but I got used to having that on call for extraction or clearing out heavy areas and now that it's gone I can't bring myself to use a stratagem slot very often

That would be a sweet fucking booster idea.  One that gives the squad a 5th stratagem.  It's less about having more power on tap to complete missions and more about I just like playing with all the toys  But with 4 slots at say difficulty 6 and up, it's needs vs wants.

Much less when you get limited to 3.  That fucking sucks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Their acid slow loop you get caught in is really fucking annoying.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:15:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#14]

Their acid slow loop you get caught in is really fucking annoying.
View Quote

It's the worst. I am usually happy when they tongue punch me 50 feet through the air because it doesn't hurt much and gets you clear.  Nothing is as aggravating as being killed by some 1 shot mob because you're slowed/stuck under a corpse.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#15]

It's the worst. I am usually happy when they tongue punch me 50 feet through the air because it doesn't hurt much and gets you clear.  Nothing is as aggravating as being killed by some 1 shot mob because you're slowed/stuck under a corpse.

View Quote

Is yours not doing the annoying pop up giving hints the entire game?  Mine started after the update.

Also almost got killed last night  by a charger at silo 3 because I clipped through the ramp and got stuck for a second but was able to jump 3-4 times and get away.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SavageSlackie:
Why is this game so CPU intensive.  I have a a 7700x CPU, and a 4090 GPU.  CPU sits around 70% and GPU at about 55%.  Is it the fucking anti cheat software or piss poor optimization?
View Quote

What resolution are you running?

You’ve got an older processor, & depending on resolution it can tax the cpu more than the GPU.

My 5700x sit in the 50’s while my 3080Ti is going near full tilt at 7680x1440 pulling around 330watts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:20:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#17]

Is yours not doing the annoying pop up giving hints the entire game?  Mine started after the update.

Also almost got killed last night  by a charger at silo 3 because I clipped through the ramp and got stuck for a second but was able to jump 3-4 times and get away.
View Quote

I left when we finished that last mission together to get some shit done, and it wasn't happening then, but later I logged back on for another mission before bed and it started doing it.

Hoping that's not the case today.  Didn't appreciate dropping with the Liberator and starting handgun.  Weird how it went back to default weapons but left my armor.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I was on challenging level with a buddy doing the silos. He had the fatal glitch and was kicked out. It was 7-8 minutes of me solo running and gunning only to inevitably run out of drops. After all said and done with I had 362 kills in my failed mission.

I saw istomphippies send a party invite but we were mid mission and frustrated.

The flame thrower is nice on the chargers but man do they come out of nowhere.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:

I was on challenging level with a buddy doing the silos. He had the fatal glitch and was kicked out. It was 7-8 minutes of me solo running and gunning only to inevitably run out of drops. After all said and done with I had 362 kills in my failed mission.

I saw istomphippies send a party invite but we were mid mission and frustrated.

The flame thrower is nice on the chargers but man do they come out of nowhere.
View Quote

gotta learn how to dance with the chargers. If you're solo, consider the orbital railgun.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

gotta learn how to dance with the chargers. If you're solo, consider the orbital railgun.
View Quote

I was unintentionally solo lol. All I had was the grenade launcher, sheild generator and two timed out sentry’s.

It was the running man when my buddy glitched out.

Chargers are fairly easy. One guy is the bait and the other guy comes around the as end and gives him a mag of breaker shells.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:33:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I was using the recoiless rifle tonight. That will one shot most of them if you hit them in the face.

The trick to the tower missions is turrets. 2 or 3 each just keep dropping at each silo stay alive and let them work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:56:41 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

That ramp bug happened to my group the first game also.

I don’t recall what sentry I set down up on the platform, Gatling I think,  but it didn’t do the glitch until I set it down.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#23]
At least they fixed the water glitch so you don't need someone to kill you if you drown.  But I'm getting really tired of the newbie hints every session.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#24]
At least they fixed the water glitch so you don't need someone to kill you if you drown.  But I'm getting really tired of the newbie hints every session.
View Quote

that happened to me for the 1st time 2 nights ago.. I didnt know WTF was going on... Then last night right as soon as the exfil bird lands.. A mortar goes off around me and glitches me into a fence where I cant move... Thankfully all the randoms in the squad had mics and listened to me when I told them not to board and to come kill me lol...
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By wpsharpshooter:

that happened to me for the 1st time 2 nights ago.. I didnt know WTF was going on... Then last night right as soon as the exfil bird lands.. A mortar goes off around me and glitches me into a fence where I cant move... Thankfully all the randoms in the squad had mics and listened to me when I told them not to board and to come kill me lol...
View Quote

It's only happened to me a few times, mostly learning where the pitfalls are on the new tower maps in the dark/fog/mist, but there seems to be only 2 reactions to requesting a team kill: 1. Extreme reluctance and 2. Gleeful exuberance.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

What about when both the guys drown? Lol
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:

What about when both the guys drown? Lol
View Quote

hahaha

Now you die and reinforce.  Like God intended.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#28]
The new stun grenades are amazing. Not only do they stop chargers and everything else in their tracks, they make a great setup for sticking stratagems on enemies for easy kills

The New Stun Grenade Is The Best Grenade in Helldivers 2

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#29]
I do some dumb shit when I play when I get home at night.  11 hours at work and another hour and a half at the gym before I play really kills my decision making skills.  Last night I threw a weapons pack and a guard dog strategem one after the other and when one landed I ran to the one that hadnt and got smooshed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:27:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#30]
...and got smooshed.
View Quote
Warning! Incoming resupply pod, dodge or don't... Your call.  Freedom doesn't come free.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#31]
I do some dumb shit when I play when I get home at night.  11 hours at work and another hour and a half at the gym before I play really kills my decision making skills.  Last night I threw a weapons pack and a guard dog strategem one after the other and when one landed I ran to the one that hadnt and got smooshed.
View Quote

I was afraid that I was the only one.

I need a warm up game before  I can be depended on for anything but fucking up
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Still pretty new, maybe rank 7.. Have only ran up on a few chargers so Im still looking for the best way to kill them. Having shitty weapons still, doesnt help..
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Still pretty new, maybe rank 7.. Have only ran up on a few chargers so Im still looking for the best way to kill them. Having shitty weapons still, doesnt help..
View Quote
I like the Expendable  Anti-Tank for Chargers, single use, but resupply is short
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BigAJ:
I like the Expendable  Anti-Tank for Chargers, single use, but resupply is short
View Quote

Yeah that thing is handy as hell and you can get it very quickly.  Just call them in every time it cools off and have them laying around the map.  Even at later levels it's nice to have 1 squad member doing that, so they're around for everybody whether it's because they're in a pinch, didn't drop with something for heavy AP, or are cut off from their stratagem weapons after reinforcing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#35]
My favorite Charger killer is to call in an Orbital Rail Cannon stratagem.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#36]
My favorite Charger killer is to call in an Orbital Rail Cannon stratagem.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/215362/8jd2ty_jpg-3159503.JPG

View Quote

Qft. Quick and easy. Does pretty good on bile titans too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Personally I enjoy the challenge of playing matador with them
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

View Quote

I find myself being trampled way more than getting out of their way lol
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:54:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#39]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

View Quote

It's fun when you have an effective weapon and know there's a possibility it doesn't last the duration of the match

When your only option is shooting them in the ass with your primary I'm gonna say fuck it and E&E
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#40]
If your tertiary is a railgun they're gonna die pretty fast.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:
If your tertiary is a railgun they're gonna die pretty fast.
View Quote

I've tried to employ that and either I suck (probable) or I just don't know the weak points.  I've tried using the rail, on unsafe, near max charge, to strip the leg armor and the shit just bounces off.  I'd much rather bring the flame thrower which I know will kill a charger in less than a single tank.

Is that how you're using the rail?  Get a leg to change color then hit it with your primary?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#42]

I've tried to employ that and either I suck (probable) or I just don't know the weak points.  I've tried using the rail, on unsafe, near max charge, to strip the leg armor and the shit just bounces off.  I'd much rather bring the flame thrower which I know will kill a charger in less than a single tank.

Is that how you're using the rail?  Get a leg to change color then hit it with your primary?
View Quote

That's the way everyone online says to do it, I just shoot it into their abdomen.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey come on, my mission isn't a failure if I successfully farmed super samples

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Hey come on, my mission isn't a failure if I successfully farmed super samples

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/1_png-3159693.JPG
View Quote

Mission failed successfully
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#45]

I was afraid that I was the only one.

I need a warm up game before  I can be depended on for anything but fucking up
View Quote

I’m pretty decent on my days off and I drink a little energy drink before hand.  If I’m tired I’m shit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#46]
The replacement guy doing the arfcom YouTube channel says he plays
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

We tag team chargers if someone doesn’t have a rail gun or something big. One guy is the bait other guy waiting from the side. Charger goes by and jump out behind him and put a full mag from the breaker up his ass.

Sometimes I can bounce a grenade under the front of them and that gets them dead or at least stunned.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#48]
What's the trick to getting planetary order medal awards?  Do you have to be on planet and actively playing when the order is achieved?  Just in orbit?  I've gotten them when I didn't expect them and haven't gotten any when I did expect them and I can't figure out why/how/what.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 2:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#49]
What's the trick to getting planetary order medal awards?  Do you have to be on planet and actively playing when the order is achieved?  Just in orbit?  I've gotten them when I didn't expect them and haven't gotten any when I did expect them and I can't figure out why/how/what.
View Quote

I’ve heard the medal awards gets backed up causing them to delay from days sometimes. I got the 50 for the main general order last night and also the 15 for evacuating 3 times.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:43:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#50]
View Quote
One needs to contribute with successful missions at some point when the order is active.  The first day the General Order went live, we did one mission on each of the four planets to make sure we had the box checked and then pretty much ignored the order for future missions/planets and did whatever we wanted.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top