Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 2:34:54 PM EDT
Picked it up during the Summer Sale and just gave it a spin. Seems pretty fun. Would be better if we had a group going.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been playing, it's way fun; but yeah, it seems without a group it's pretty tedious. If someone starts a server, I'd be happy to participate, as I will in no way have time to host one.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have been playing, it's way fun; but yeah, it seems without a group it's pretty tedious. If someone starts a server, I'd be happy to participate, as I will in no way have time to host one.
View Quote
I'm in.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Picked it up on Steam Summer sale.  Haven't started it yet, but plan to when I get some time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me know if you guys want to play it this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been playing on Borg #3 the past couple days. Just about got a small size "large ship" up and running. Its currently immobile because platinum for thruster is damn near impossible to find.

I suck at designing stuff, but I'll take some screenshots and post here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
here is a mining rig/tunneler I built , i have gone thru whole asteroids with it , works well too .   mod it up and make it how you want !

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257254960
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I take it that was built in creative / offline mode? I'm struggling just to build a moving object in online survival. If it isnt pirates its server crashes and I lose my ship. Either way nice work.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, Steam decided that me telling it not to auto-update the game was irrelevant and updated it anyway, so now I can't log in till the server updates.

Anyway, here are some pics of my ugly ass ship from last night. It is currently a bitch to fly because I don't have enough materials to make thrusters. It only has two rear and one fore thruster, so it's slow and stability is a nightmare.

I had a completed little fighter that was pretty fast and nimble, but I tried to attach it to the big ship with the landing gear, BIG mistake.

Someone log-on spammed the server and caused a lag spike, next thing I know, my fighters landing gear are destroyed and its spinning off into space. Plus there's a huge dent in the big ship where the fighter had been docked.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Having played several sessions now, I can say that, while the game is really innovative and fun, the netcode needs SERIOUS work. I've lost three smaller ships and almost lost the bigger ship I posted above due to netcode issues.

At this point, anytime anyone joins the server, it lags out for a period of at least 5 seconds. I've seen it go all the way to 20. God help you if you happen to be exiting a moving ship or towing a smaller ship with your primary ship when this happens. Both have happened to me.

I lost a perfectly good small fighter when I exited it as someone logged on. The Inertial Dampeners should have stopped it on its own, but due to the lag, it flew off into nowhere and I never found it.

Also, I lost a good mining rig I was towing behind the big black ship I posted above. Someone logged is as I was moving and the desync caused the towing to register with the server as a large collision. Shattered the mining rig into pieces and left a massive dent in the base ship. Came very close to destroying the larger ships reactor.

The concept is great, and I realize it's an Alpha, but, that said, it needs some intense work before I would consider playing it very often.

ETA: I will try to post some additional screencaps later.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I think this is something that can honestly be considered "next-generation". The force is strong with this one, but it does need some work. I need a better computer too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah me and the arfcommers who play minecraft hop on space engineers together from time to time.

Its minecraft in space.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah me and the arfcommers who play minecraft hop on space engineers together from time to time.

Its minecraft in space.
View Quote

Except mobile blocks!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Except mobile blocks!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its minecraft in space.

Except mobile blocks!!!

SPACECRAFT!
Top Top