User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 77
Posted: 12/12/2010 1:07:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TT4life]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i9tLus_yLs&feature=player_embedded

I'm fucking pumped!

UPDATE:  Here is a website with some screenshots and info on the game.

http://www.gamingeverything.com/2011/1/elder_scrolls_v_scans/3651/elder_scolls_v-2.jpg#s
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Rebo:
Originally Posted By TerribleTom:

Originally Posted By Johnny_Rebo:
Well, started my 3rd charactor. Level 23 and haven't touched a one or two handed weapon.
Playing a no armor mage is awesome and challenging (at least compared to my normal play style)

I did that same thing and really enjoyed it.  Conjuration & Follower were critical to my success, also Illusion!

I walked around casting muffle for about 20 minutes, leveling it up, haha

I do that while travelling.  I typically have a muffle in one hand and flame atronach in the other, casting then back and forth.  Also, for some reason, I reallly enjoy finding a nest of necromancers.  There is just something about going through and killing them all, then on the way back out raising them each from the dead and killing them again.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:33:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FortyFiveAutomatic] [#2]
Man fuck the Empire, bunch of freedom hating liberal commies.

Also fuck the Aldmeri Dominion, fuck em in the pointy ear.

Thalmor bitches. /ulfric stormcloak
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FortyFiveAutomatic:

View Quote

Ulfric looks down on all races but Nord. He's an asshole and killing him was the best moment in the entire game.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By XCRmonger:

Ulfric looks down on all races but Nord. He's an asshole and killing him was the best moment in the entire game.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Once upon a time you were upset with me over the demise of Whiterun's Jarl Balgruuf the Greater during the course of the Stormcloak campaign.

I honestly never talked to the Jarl of Whiterun after we (the Stormcloaks) conquered the city.  There was some dude sitting on the chair, I never noticed that it wasn't the same guy.

Having played through now as both Stormcloak and Imperial I can state categorically that both sides are completely fucked.

I now avoid both Stormcloak and Imperial quest lines.

I guess the moral of the story is that when it comes to politics, both sides are wrong.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

Ulfric sucked, all he did was make the empire weaker and less able to deal with the Elves. He even says so himself, if you see him in Sovengarde
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tim2031:

Ulfric sucked, all he did was make the empire weaker and less able to deal with the Elves. He even says so himself, if you see him in Sovengarde
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tim2031:

Yep.  Empire 4 lyfe.    

The Empire has a better chance of beating the Dominion later.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:05:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FortyFiveAutomatic] [#7]

View All Quotes

Nah, he was singing my Khajiit praises after we sacked Solitude and made that tart Elisif kneel.  Made me Thane even.

Dark Brotherhood is where it's at, even though Astrid broke my heart, fucking bitch.  Shadowmere is fuggin invincible.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Once upon a time you were upset with me over the demise of Whiterun's Jarl Balgruuf the Greater during the course of the Stormcloak campaign.

I honestly never talked to the Jarl of Whiterun after we (the Stormcloaks) conquered the city.  There was some dude sitting on the chair, I never noticed that it wasn't the same guy.

Having played through now as both Stormcloak and Imperial I can state categorically that both sides are completely fucked.

I guess the moral of the story is that when it comes to politics, both sides are wrong.
View All Quotes

Much like the Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich episode of Southpark. lol.

I am sad they are stopping at Skyrim. I wanted to make Thalmor gargle my balls in an epic war.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#9]

I am sad they are stopping at Skyrim. I wanted to make Thalmor gargle my balls in an epic war.
View Quote

No TES: VI? That sucks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

View All Quotes

Wait, wut?  Where the hell has this been confirmed?  

I don't believe for a minute that there won't be another TES game in a few years (and online doesn't count, lol).
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:48:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FTAggie] [#12]

View All Quotes

You seem to be confused, sir. Bethesda is no longer making content for Skyrim. ESO is still on the way and chances are an ES6 will happen after Fallout 4 happens.

ETA: Also, just saw this on Bethesda's blog. It's done in the same style as ESPN's This is Sports Center commercials.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#13]

If Bethesda struggles financially, there will be a TES 6.

If not, maybe not, but it sure seems like easy money from here.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

There will be a TES 6, just no more stuff for Skyrim itself.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Holding out for an Elder Scrolls 6 is going to be a bit like waiting for another Knights of the Old Republic game after the release of The Old Republic MMO.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish they would do one that included several regions... I'd love to explore Hammerfell.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By Ajek:

Holding out for an Elder Scrolls 6 is going to be a bit like waiting for another Knights of the Old Republic game after the release of The Old Republic MMO.  
View Quote

Yeah, but TOR has turned into a disaster. With LucasArts parting everything out, EA had to have its eyes on an RPG, if not another MMO targeted for the next generation of consoles.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By FTAggie:

Yeah, but TOR has turned into a disaster. With LucasArts parting everything out, EA had to have its eyes on an RPG, if not another MMO targeted for the next generation of consoles.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FTAggie:

They will probably make another Dragon Age game first and milk that franchise a bit more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Ah yes, I remember when they published that.  Perhaps I misinterpreted the article, but I simply took it to mean that they were just done with Skyrim content, not with TES games entirely.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish they would do one that included several regions... I'd love to explore Hammerfell.
View Quote

They should bring back all the critters from Morrowind except cliff racers; give us back spears, and the ability to throw axes, swords, spears, etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Just started playing this game. I'm about 15 hours in, playing a destruction mage.

All I have to say is WTF. I can't do shit with any non-enemy NPCs around because all of my good spells just kill them.

Super annoying. Try to hit an enemy with chain lighting, fat chance unless you want to kill your follower and all of the dudes that were following you for the quest you're on.

Is there a way to turn off friendly fire in this game?
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#22]
If you're on PC there's quite a few mods to make your followers,horses,dogs etc essential.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
Just started playing this game. I'm about 15 hours in, playing a destruction mage.

All I have to say is WTF. I can't do shit with any non-enemy NPCs around because all of my good spells just kill them.

Super annoying. Try to hit an enemy with chain lighting, fat chance unless you want to kill your follower and all of the dudes that were following you for the quest you're on.

View Quote

Not with the Area Of Effect spells.  You could give your follower enchanted armor but they still hit everyone else.  You can use Shadowmere or the Greybeards to level up to 70-75.  Prioritize lightning kills mages fast and 1 to 1 damage on dragons.....i.e......no immunity like frost or fire.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone else notice the fire or frost cloaks mitigate the opposite dragon breath damage?  I never used cloak spells till I realized this.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Did they ever fix the PS3 version?
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 5:32:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JCWIU] [#26]

Originally Posted By happycynic:

Did they ever fix the PS3 version?
View Quote
They fixed some things but it still has some bugs/glitches. Even the DLC's. I can't buy all the Hearthfire land plots because of a glitch.

I maxed out all the Vampire Lord perks last night. Killed every killable character in & around Whiterun & Solitude. They are now qhosttowns

Link Posted: 7/29/2013 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Mattl:

Not with the Area Of Effect spells.  You could give your follower enchanted armor but they still hit everyone else.  You can use Shadowmere or the Greybeards to level up to 70-75.  Prioritize lightning kills mages fast and 1 to 1 damage on dragons.....i.e......no immunity like frost or fire.
View All Quotes

Ive used giants to power level, spawn 20 or so and turn on immortal mode (not god mode) and let them kick your ass while you make some coffee, run to the store, pay your electric bill, etc.  Come back and your armor level will be maxed (wear a mix of light and heavy so they both go up and place something on your block button so that gets leveled too)  If you want to max destruction from there, turn on god mode and use fire storm until theyre all dead.  you can also go indoors and spawn 50-60 rabbits or chickens and use fire storm to power level, the more you can hit in a confined area the better.  Storm thrall is a good one for leveling conjuration, and telekinesis for alteration.
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By nf9648:

Ive used giants to power level, spawn 20 or so and turn on immortal mode (not god mode) and let them kick your ass while you make some coffee, run to the store, pay your electric bill, etc.  Come back and your armor level will be maxed (wear a mix of light and heavy so they both go up and place something on your block button so that gets leveled too)  If you want to max destruction from there, turn on god mode and use fire storm until theyre all dead.  you can also go indoors and spawn 50-60 rabbits or chickens and use fire storm to power level, the more you can hit in a confined area the better.  Storm thrall is a good one for leveling conjuration, and telekinesis for alteration.
View Quote

If you're going to cheat to level up, why not just give yourself the experience points rather than waste time with your method?
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#29]

If you're going to cheat to level up, why not just give yourself the experience points rather than waste time with your method?
View All Quotes

Only cheats I can remember are the tgm and tim, not exactly computer savvy enough to remember how to make things out of thin air. I know there are websites explaining all the console command stuff, but it all looks like gibberish to me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 1:38:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Only cheats I can remember are the tgm and tim, not exactly computer savvy enough to remember how to make things out of thin air. I know there are websites explaining all the console command stuff, but it all looks like gibberish to me.
View All Quotes

If it is similar to FONV it is not complicated.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 1:38:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Cheating at video games blows my mind.

Seriously, why?
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 1:42:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Seriously, why?
View Quote

Did you enjoy doing the entire Remnants or BOS campaign to get power armor training in FONV?  On PC it is pause and one line of code.  I never use god mode though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 1:47:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Seriously, why?
View Quote

After I beat the game a half dozen times I got impatient.  I enjoy playing above lvl 30, if I want to see how another character build fares in the game I can get there in a half hour or less and start actually playing how I want.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 7:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: duhflushtech] [#34]

After I beat the game a half dozen times I got impatient.  I enjoy playing above lvl 30, if I want to see how another character build fares in the game I can get there in a half hour or less and start actually playing how I want.
View All Quotes

Seriously, why?

^ This.  I've got, well, lets just say (so I don't out myself as having no life ) "a lot" of hours invested in skyrim on PC.  Going the vanilla game route was pretty fun for the first several playthroughs, but over time a lot of stuff gets repetitive.  Hence, mods that add new weapons, armor, or even entire new landmasses, characters, and quests.

Similarly, over time it becomes more of a pain in the ass than it's worth to grind out XP for new character builds just to get to a place where you are competent in your skills and whatnot.  I've already played another character or two as an archer and I know how this grind works by now, thanks.  I don't want to dump another 40 hours into this build just so I can play through the civil war quest line at a decent level on the opposite side and with a different race than I did last time.

Or another one that's really common for me at least is that when you get to a high level, all the stuff you pick up is worth FAR more than the gold that the shopkeepers have, even with the various trading perks that give them more.  I loot everything so this happens all the time.  So in the vanilla game you can either A.) spend 20 minutes traveling around to every shop in skyrim trying to offload your shit and clean out their bank accounts, or B.) just say "fuck it" and give it to them for free once they run out of gold, just to offload the weight.  Both options suck ass.
OR, I can pop into the console, select the shopkeeper, give him 10,000 gold with a simple command (in this case, it's "additem 000000f 10000"), and then sell him all my shit.  Is it cheating?  Sure it is I guess, but it makes the game a hell of a lot more convenient for me.  And it's not cheating in the same way as just giving myself a ton of gold directly would be, I'm just giving the guy a secret Swiss bank account to draw off of.  

ETA:  I will say that using god mode as a cheat is kinda weird.  I've never done "infinite" anything, whether it's health, ammo, etc.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JCWIU:
They fixed some things but it still has some bugs/glitches. Even the DLC's. I can't buy all the Hearthfire land plots because of a glitch.

View Quote

I'm annoyed by this.

I bought the breezehome house early on.

Later I adopted a kid.

Then I figured out the hearthfire thing and bought the lakeview house and spent the gold to have it decked out.

I got married.

A glitch prevents me from making the family move to the lakeview house. Now the wife bitches about how small breezehome is.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 1:10:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLHX2112] [#36]
Bought the land and started on the house today. Holy crap a whole day gone messing around with building a house in-game.............

Ok, right as  I posted the above, Lydia asked me to look in the basement, because she has been hearing some pretty weird noises coming from there. What the hell.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 1:22:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:
Bought the land and started on the house today. Holy crap a whole day gone messing around with building a house in-game.............

Ok, right as  I posted the above, Lydia asked me to look in the basement, because she has been hearing some pretty weird noises coming from there. What the hell.
View Quote

Skeevers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#38]

I'm annoyed by this.

Later I adopted a kid.

Then I figured out the hearthfire thing and bought the lakeview house and spent the gold to have it decked out.

I got married.

A glitch prevents me from making the family move to the lakeview house. Now the wife bitches about how small breezehome is.
View All Quotes

I'm annoyed by this.

Later I adopted a kid.

I got married.

I think the glitch with "Illia" is still there too, if you make her steward you lose her as a follower.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#39]

I think the glitch with "Illia" is still there too, if you make her steward you lose her as a follower.
View All Quotes

I'm annoyed by this.

Later I adopted a kid.

I got married.

I don't have hearthfire, so maybe I am missing something, but how is that a glitch?  Isn't the whole point of a steward that they stay at home taking care of things while you are out and about?  I guess it makes sense to me that you lose a person as a follower if you make them the steward.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 12:58:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mattl] [#40]
Originally Posted By duhflushtech:

I don't have hearthfire, so maybe I am missing something, but how is that a glitch?  Isn't the whole point of a steward that they stay at home taking care of things while you are out and about?  I guess it makes sense to me that you lose a person as a follower if you make them the steward.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By duhflushtech:

I'm annoyed by this.

Later I adopted a kid.

I got married.

All the other stewards who started out in a combatant role can be pressed into follower status, does not work with Illia.  Other than Marcurio and Rayya she is one of my favorite followers.

If you have never used her she is Ice to Marcurio's lightning.  Darklight tower in the southeast Rift.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 1:54:09 AM EDT
[#41]

If you have never used her she is Ice to Marcurio's lightning.  Darklight tower in the southeast Rift.
View Quote

Huh.  I don't remember meeting her, to be honest.  I'll have to go explore that area again with my current build.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:

View Quote

Already had that happen on my current run.  I have Rayya for a house carl and Lydia as a steward.   I wished I have loaded a save after a previous bandit attack killed off my bard.  I had hoped that I could order a new one, but there has been no option.  So far, my Argonian hasn't married  but I did adopt that girl that was sitting by the Gildergreen in Whiterun.  Damn near every time I go home to unload smithing and alchemy supplies, she comes out wanting an allowance.  I did like the reaction the first time she asked for an allowance and I gave her 1000 septims.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 8/18/2013 10:17:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sharky30] [#44]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR9gMg4hKfY#at=60

View Quote

those are so twisted, yet so funny
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Got my second invite for the beta on Thursday and missed it by a half hour, took forever to download.  Hoping for a third chance, Im ready.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Beta for ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Beta for ?
View Quote

Elder Scrolls Online.

Wrong thread  
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:32:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nf9648] [#48]

Elder Scrolls Online.

Wrong thread  
View All Quotes
Beta for ?

Elder Scrolls Online.

Wrong thread  

Didn't realize there was a ESO thread.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 6:26:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#49]
I finally took the time to setup an ENB preset. It's kind of a pain in the ass to do at first, but the results are amazing.
Realvision ENB Preset:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936

ENB base:

http://www.enbdev.com/enbseries_skyrim_v0213.zip
Dynamic Depth of Field

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12525
From my game:

An awesome video showing the start contrast:

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't know if this has come up in the thread yet, but this is cool as shit.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top