Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 1 of 32)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 32
Posted: 4/15/2012 7:44:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kitwulfen]
Anyone else in it?  They just sent out 275,000 beta keys last week.  I don't think they're alerting via email.  If you've opted in to the beta, you should check your bnet account through the website and see if you've got it.

Alternatively, anyone have questions for someone who is in the beta?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hollywood695:

if your best toon is a level 70 but is still shit for gear, ask for backup in clan chat. I have a 70 DH that is still technically a piece of shit above hard difficulty because he has shit gear, and other clan members have still been more that willing to do their thing and help cover me

View Quote
If you have a lvl 70 and can't do torment one, then you aren't doing it right.

I talked a friend through gambling a couple items and rerolling specific stats on his wizard last night. His paper damage doubled to 600k in under 30 minutes by just spending some crafting materials, bloodshards and money. He previously had been running rifts for a week and had been struggling to upgrade.

Spend the gold on upgrading your gems. The difference in primary stat bonuses between a marquise and a flawless royal is over 200 points PER gem. Upgrading the gems on your armor and pants alone can add over 800% extra dmg.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The gems are an insane boost to damage and survivability. If you're also struggling below Torment 1 for more than a week I would highly suggest looking at what skills you are using. There are certain combinations that just don't do very well. There are some oddball combinations that work better than most standard builds. My barbarian uses weapon throw and ancient spear to amazing effect. Toss a few axes, toss a spear to drag them in, use overpower, and they're dead. If not, they will be if they attack me.

My WD uses tons of spirit skills to build up his mana regeneration and then spams zombie bears. If they aren't dead from the everlasting dots, they will be when the zombie bears hit them. It's a new take on a traditional killing method AND it's better than the traditional one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:49:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#3]
HC Crusader last night was up to 680k base paper dmg and 15 million unbuffed toughness. With slash stacked and laws of valor - critical on, it was over 850k and I was dropping bombardments for 45 million dmg.

Love seeing those big numbers.

My Wiz friend was sitting at 1.8 million paper dmg with buffs and valor on.

I still have to upgrade all my gems. But down under 5 million gold on the HC side. Oh, and a Mortal Drama so I can break 100 million dmg on bombardment.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Credge:
The gems are an insane boost to damage and survivability. If you're also struggling below Torment 1 for more than a week I would highly suggest looking at what skills you are using. There are certain combinations that just don't do very well. There are some oddball combinations that work better than most standard builds. My barbarian uses weapon throw and ancient spear to amazing effect. Toss a few axes, toss a spear to drag them in, use overpower, and they're dead. If not, they will be if they attack me.

My WD uses tons of spirit skills to build up his mana regeneration and then spams zombie bears. If they aren't dead from the everlasting dots, they will be when the zombie bears hit them. It's a new take on a traditional killing method AND it's better than the traditional one.
View Quote

Its not so much of an issue with Torment 1, I can wizard my way through that pretty well. Its just farming items for other characters thats kind of a pain right now.

I've been lucky enough to get my Crusader Hammer build up enough to farm through most acts fairly well so I can get stuff for my barb (I do this with most of my characters so I can cover more ground if need be). But I've done better, more leg drops have helped a bit.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#5]
So how are you guys spending your paragon points?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By TheJeanyus:

View Quote

Movement speed, resist all, resource reduction and crit hit chance.

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#7]
This isn't even my final form.

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#8]
i sent in a request to the clan, same name as here.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:32:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DSMHoffman] [#9]
View Quote

Move speed (capped at 25, saves a primary slot on gear)
Crit Damage (Crit hit maxes at 5 and is easy to hit 50+ on gear alone)
Life on Hit (self explanatory)
Life Regen (self explanatory)

It's really build dependant on what stats to max next.

Unless you're farming for class specific sets, there is no reason to farm T1+. All legs (minus class specific sets) drop at ilvl70 in normal. The ability to farm faster nets much more loot. A simple act bounty and rift is only about 15 mins solo. Because it's Normal, you can also throw on your old MF gear, which does help.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Haven't been on in a week, stuck in Detroit for another week with only a work laptop

I'm ready to be back already, dammit.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/crimsonedge38/media/loldamage_zps55a8accc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/crimsonedge38/loldamage_zps55a8accc.jpg</a>

View Quote

Nice damage but how long do you stay alive with so little toughness?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:40:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Credge] [#12]

Originally Posted By setlab:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/crimsonedge38/media/loldamage_zps55a8accc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/crimsonedge38/loldamage_zps55a8accc.jpg</a>

On Torment 1? I don't die.

ETA: I have so much life on kill, life on hit, and life on fury spent that it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont know about you guys, but games have been seeming kinda mediocre lately?

I mean the only really interesting thing to do is rifts, but the rewards seem craptastical.. COOL 8000 reusable parts and a shit ton of yellow items that are vendor trash.

Maybe I am just getting burned out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:42:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Credge] [#14]

Originally Posted By WarWeapon762:

I dont know about you guys, but games have been seeming kinda mediocre lately?

I mean the only really interesting thing to do is rifts, but the rewards seem craptastical.. COOL 8000 reusable parts and a shit ton of yellow items that are vendor trash.

Maybe I am just getting burned out.
View Quote

If you haven't, give crafting a try. Between the recipes, hellfire rings, gems, etc, there's a ton to do.

Incidental looting is very fun, but striving towards a goal is even more fun when done along with it.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I was bored Saturday morning and broke down and bought the xpac.  Been doing master difficulty just for the off chance at the imperial gems.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#16]
So I just cut a bloody swath through Rainbow land, slaying Unicorns and Teddy bears.

It was awesome.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:17:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I was playing a rift the other night in the Arcane Sanctuary of Act 5 and we ran into unicorns, flowers and teddy bears from Whimsyshire.  You never know what a rift will spawn.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bushman_269:
I was playing a rift the other night in the Arcane Sanctuary of Act 5 and we ran into unicorns, flowers and teddy bears from Whimsyshire.  You never know what a rift will spawn.
View Quote

I ran into the same thing, but it was Act 4. Quite ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#19]
So I think I may have found a bug that allows Kadala to drop Legendaries sequentially when she actually drops them.

I'm assuming there is a time window of when rares, blues and legs drop when gambling but the drops themselves are RNG. This may be a similar mechanic the game uses for Legendaries to drop in the world as well.

The last couple of days I've been spam buying items from one category and everytime a legendary shows up I click BUY as fast as I can and I can usually get one or two more legendaries in this "buy window".

I thought it might be a fluke, but another member tried it yesterday afternoon and the same thing happened to him and he was able to get two legs in a row.

So far I've gotten 14 legendaries spam buying. I'm sure if someone used a mouse clicking script, they could net possibly 5 legs at a time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#21]
So I think I may have found a bug that allows Kadala to drop Legendaries sequentially when she actually drops them.

I'm assuming there is a time window of when rares, blues and legs drop when gambling but the drops themselves are RNG. This may be a similar mechanic the game uses for Legendaries to drop in the world as well.

The last couple of days I've been spam buying items from one category and everytime a legendary shows up I click BUY as fast as I can and I can usually get one or two more legendaries in this "buy window".

I thought it might be a fluke, but another member tried it yesterday afternoon and the same thing happened to him and he was able to get two legs in a row.

So far I've gotten 14 legendaries spam buying. I'm sure if someone used a mouse clicking script, they could net possibly 5 legs at a time.
View Quote

Sounds almost like they have the seed for the RNG tied to a clock. Click fast enough and you get the same seed if they do not have the seed using small enough time units. (seconds instead of milliseconds). If that is the case gambling legs could actually be predicted.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Arobotsanus] [#22]
Originally Posted By grumpalicious:

Sounds almost like they have the seed for the RNG tied to a clock. Click fast enough and you get the same seed if they do not have the seed using small enough time units. (seconds instead of milliseconds). If that is the case gambling legs could actually be predicted.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grumpalicious:

Having spent 13,000 shards and noticing this myself early on, I can pretty much say its not the way it works.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 1:37:07 AM EDT
[#23]
So, my Templar has about 300,000 damage and some 4,000,000 toughness. He has pretty good gear, but nothing over the top.

My Scoundrel has 120,000 damage and 98,000 toughness. He has better gear. He has the unlock all skills item and does way less damage than my Templar. What gives?
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone have advice for a Demon Hunter struggling in Torment 1 and thus having a hard time finding gear? I have been using a Cluster Arrow build (Entangling Shot, CA, Vengeance, Vault, Marked for Death, Companion), but I am not sure I have good enough gear for it.  It's fine for small packs that I can burst down, but for large packs and champions/elites I seem to struggle to do enough sustained damage.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#25]
What is your damage and toughness?
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:07:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheJeanyus] [#26]
View Quote

Somewhere around 375k dmg, 4.4 mil toughness, 16k healing, +20% fire dmg
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:38:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Credge] [#27]

View All Quotes

Are you online right now? That damage is a little low. T1 doesn't become easily doable until you hit about 450-500k damage. That toughness is fine, though. You can sacrifice the healing for more damage if you're able to transmute them out.

ETA: Nvm, I guess BNet is down?

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:42:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheJeanyus] [#28]
Nah, I'm at work right now.  Will be online later tonight.  I feel like the only upgrades I've gotten lately came from Torment.  Never seem to get decent drops in the lower difficulties though I can burn through things MUCH faster.

EDIT: I also swapped Sharpshooter out for something else.  With Sharpshooter, I'm close to 800k dmg when I'm in town (due to 100% crit).
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#29]
If you're able to, run rifts with a group. You'll get blood shards. You can burn through a bunch of a specific item with just a few runs. Very high chance of getting an upgrade or two that way.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#30]
I ran a T1 rift with a buddy of mine last night, but his gear sucks too.  He died 3 times in the rift. Might see if anyone in the ARFCOM clan is on tonight...provided the weather doesn't get bad here again tonight (18 tornadoes in AL last night).

I also did the bounties in Act 1 on T1 last night, and the bounties were a lot easier than the rift.  I only get to play for an hour or two at a time when I do get to play.  Have a 3 month old son to tend to.  He hasn't quite developed the motor skills to play Diablo, but we're working on it...
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm doing about 900K+ DPS and 18 million toughness on my Crusader right now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By RabidMonkeyPox:

View Quote
Is battle.net down?

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PattyOSullivan:
Is battle.net down?  
View All Quotes
Is battle.net down?  

I dunno.  Been watching River Monsters on amazon and buying more fishing lures.  Think I spent about $300 in the past 2 weeks in fishing lures
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Is battle.net down?  
View All Quotes
Is battle.net down?  

Yup it is,  waiting for it to come up so we can raid in WoW,  no hearthstone or D3 to kill the time otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm on just fine. Unsure of what the time difference is between posts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 4:03:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demordrah] [#36]
T1 doesn't become easily doable until you hit about 450-500k damage  
View Quote

I have not found this to be the case at all.  I've done just fine in T1 with ~300-350kdps (I have solo killed everything up to and including Malthael on T1 in that damage range), and the numbers you have listed have done well enough in T2.

Unless, of course, by "easily doable" you mean roll your face on the keyboard while drooling

ETA: I have sent a request to join the ARFCOM clan, if anybody can go ahead and approve that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By Demordrah:
I have not found this to be the case at all.  I've done just fine in T1 with ~300-350kdps (I have solo killed everything up to and including Malthael on T1 in that damage range), and the numbers you have listed have done well enough in T2.

Unless, of course, by "easily doable" you mean roll your face on the keyboard while drooling
ETA: I have sent a request to join the ARFCOM clan, if anybody can go ahead and approve that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Demordrah:

T1 doesn't become easily doable until you hit about 450-500k damage  

It depends on the class. My Witch Doctor steamrolls T1 and T2 with 600k damage. My Barbarian struggles through T2 with 1m damage.

Link Posted: 5/1/2014 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Since I'm pooping at work I figured I'd go in to a little more detail. The only basic skill the barbarian has that's any good is frenzy because it boosts total damage. Cleave sucks against a single target and why would I use an aoe attack when I have amazing aoe to begin with from ny mana spenders. And, because I have no pets or decent and reliable damage mitigating skills, I have to be pure burst damage unless I have gear out the wazoo.

I wouldn't dare touch t3 with my 1m damage, 600k toughness barb. But my lower stat wd? Oh yes
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Since I'm pooping at work I figured I'd go in to a little more detail. The only basic skill the barbarian has that's any good is frenzy because it boosts total damage. Cleave sucks against a single target and why would I use an aoe attack when I have amazing aoe to begin with from ny mana spenders. And, because I have no pets or decent and reliable damage mitigating skills, I have to be pure burst damage unless I have gear out the wazoo.

I wouldn't dare touch t3 with my 1m damage, 600k toughness barb. But my lower stat wd? Oh yes
View Quote

600k toughness,  you somehow get the Glass Cannon skill from the wizard?
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Jakezor:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jakezor:

No, it's that I put emphasis on damage over survivability, otherwise it takes forever to kill things. Bosses especially.

It shouldn't be the case that my undergeared WD does more damage and survives better than my Barbarian.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 1:36:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Some information I found very important for almost all of my characters.

Attack speed is not calculated in the damage that any skills do. It will increase your damage stat but it does not increase the damage that the skill will do. Further, anything that states it does damage over a period does not "tick" faster. Pets do not attack faster with attack speed nor do they hit harder with more attack speed.

If you are using a character that is all about burst damage, pets, or dots, attack speed may be a completely pointless stat.

Let me restate this another way. Any damage you do on any skill does not take attack speed in to consideration in the damage it does. It only decreases the time in between attacks.

Another way to look at it is that the damage stat you see on your paper doll is not representative of the actual damage your skills will do. It's a bad estimate of how much damage you do per second. In fact, it's much more inaccurate than the toughness stat. It does not consider cooldowns, % damage to a type of ability, or if you are using skills that are impacted by attack speed or not.

This is why my WD, who appears undergeared, out performs my better geared barbarian.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#42]
It's for that very reason that a Mask of Jeram (especially if you have previously obtained one at a lower level) is very difficult to replace with an upgrade ... unless you replace it with a higher lvl Mask of Jeram (or a mask that has synergy with set pieces, such as the Carnevil mask with the 4pc Zunimassa set bonus).  I got one at lvl 60 that gave me an 89% increase to the damage my pets were doing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#43]
It made me rethink my witch doctor from the ground up as well as ny wizard when he uses fire. I'm thinking slow attacking two handers will out perform one handers with a focus when it comes to dots.

I'm curious if disintegrate and Ray of frost are considered dot or not.

It also made me respend my paragon points.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Ray of Frost and Disintegrate are classified as continuous damage over time spells.  The tick rate on such spells is ridiculously high (I saw it quoted from Wyatt Cheng, D3 Sr. Tech Designer, to be somewhere in the ballpark of 60 times per second).  In regards to increased attack speed, continuous DoT spells are much more resource efficient when using slow 2H weapons vs a 1H/OH combination.  You can channel them for longer periods of time before blowing through your resource pool.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ragnar_Lothbrok] [#45]

Attack speed is not calculated in the damage that any skills do. It will increase your damage stat but it does not increase the damage that the skill will do. Further, anything that states it does damage over a period does not "tick" faster. Pets do not attack faster with attack speed nor do they hit harder with more attack speed.

If you are using a character that is all about burst damage, pets, or dots, attack speed may be a completely pointless stat.

Let me restate this another way. Any damage you do on any skill does not take attack speed in to consideration in the damage it does. It only decreases the time in between attacks.

Another way to look at it is that the damage stat you see on your paper doll is not representative of the actual damage your skills will do. It's a bad estimate of how much damage you do per second. In fact, it's much more inaccurate than the toughness stat. It does not consider cooldowns, % damage to a type of ability, or if you are using skills that are impacted by attack speed or not.

This is why my WD, who appears undergeared, out performs my better geared barbarian.
View Quote

Where did that come from? It would be nice if there was a site that explained all this or a DPS addon for D3.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheJeanyus] [#46]

Where did you here that about attack speed? If that's right my tasker and theo gloves that give my pets 45% attack speed do nothing?
View All Quotes

Where did you here that about attack speed? If that's right my tasker and theo gloves that give my pets 45% attack speed do nothing?

He's saying that +AS for your character does nothing for your pets.

I don't know about other classes, but for demon hunters attack speed is a very, very low priority.  If you're stutter-stepping/kiting to stay alive, you aren't going to be sitting still to do dmg for a sustained period of time, so you're better off with fire dmg, crit chance, crit dmg, or dmg vs elites.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#47]

I don't know about other classes, but for demon hunters attack speed is a very, very low priority.  If you're stutter-stepping/kiting to stay alive, you aren't going to be sitting still to do dmg for a sustained period of time, so you're better off with fire dmg, crit chance, crit dmg, or dmg vs elites.
View All Quotes

Ya I had to re-read that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, I quoted you before your edit. As for as DPS add-on, there are some spreadsheets out there, but I haven't used one.  My gear sucks so bad that it isn't hard to figure out which items are upgrades and which are trash.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#49]
For DH attack speed is indeed a low priority stat. I favor crit chance, crit damage and raw dex. In-game my white sheet damage is just over 1 mil, however in the loading screen I'm at 860k since it doesn't take into account for the Marauder set piece bonuses.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 2:45:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Patch notes. Most is formatted well. Taken from http://www.diablofans.com/

Barbarian

• Inspiring Presence The duration of your shouts is doubled. After using a shout you and all allies within 100 yards regenerate 1% of maximum Life per second for 60 seconds. / Your shouts are: / *Battle Rage / *Threatening Shout / *War Cry (Up from 50 yards)

• Wrath of the Berserker

• Arreat's Wail : Activating Wrath of the Berserker deals 3400% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 15 yards. (Damage element now specified)

• Striding Giant : Reduce all damage taken by 50%. (Previously gave 80% bonus Dodge Chance)

• Frenzy

• Sidearm : Each strike has a 25% chance to throw a piercing axe at a nearby enemy that deals 130% weapon damage as Cold to all enemies in its path. / Frenzy's damage turns into Cold. (Damage element now specified)

• Seismic Slam Cost: 30 Fury / Slam the ground and cause a wave of destruction that deals
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>620% weapon damage to enemies
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>up to 45
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>yards in front of you. (Up from 550%, no longer specifies "in  a cone", no longer seems to knock up)

• Shattered Ground : Increase damage to
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>735% weapon damage as Fire and
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>knocks all enemies hit up
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>into the air. (Up from 710%, no longer changes to a Knockback)

• Stagger : Reduce the cost to 22 Fury. / Seismic Slam's damage turns into Lightning. (Previously had 80% chance to Stun for 1 sec)

• Permafrost : Create a sheet of frost that deals 755% weapon damage as Cold and Slows enemies by 60% for
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>1 second. (Up from 710%, slow down from 2 seconds)

• Whirlwind

• Hurricane : Pull enemies from up to 35 yards away towards you while Whirlwinding. / Whirlwind's damage turns into Cold. (Damage element now specified)

• Revenge

• Best Served Cold : Increase your Critical Hit Chance by 8% for 6 seconds after using Revenge. / Revenge's damage turns into Cold. (Damage element now specified)

• War Cry Generate: 20 Fury / Cooldown: 20 seconds / Unleash a rallying cry to increase Armor for you and all allies within 100 yards by 20% for 60 seconds. (Up from 50 yards)

Demon Hunter

• Awareness Your Armor is
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>increased by 30% of your Dexterity. (Previously gained 6% Dodge every second, resetting after you dodge)

• Grenade

• Cluster Grenades : Throw cluster grenades that deal 200% weapon damage as Fire over a 36 yard radius. (Up from 32 yards. Note: the current value in-game is displayed as 9 yards)

• Hungering Arrow

• Devouring Arrow : Each consecutive pierce increases the damage of the arrow by 70%. / Hungering Arrow's damage turns into Cold. (Damage element now specified)

Monk

• Fists of Thunder

• Bounding Light : Every third hit also releases arcs of holy power, dealing 195% weapon damage as Holy to up to 3 additional enemies. (Damage is now Holy)

• Wind Blast : Every third hit Freezes enemies for
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>1 second. / Fists of Thunder's damage turns into Cold. (Renamed from Lightning Flash, previously increased Dodge by 17% for 3 seconds after each hit, damage element now specified)

• Way of the Hundred Fists

• Hands of Lightning : Increase the number of hits in the second strike from 7 to 10 and increasing damage to 429% weapon damage asLightning. (Damage was Physical)

• Blazing Fists : Critical Hits increase your attack speed and movement speed by 5% for 5 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times. / Way of the Hundred Fists's damage turns into Fire. (Damage element now specified)

• Spirited Salvo : Every activation of the skill has a 40% chance to generate 6 additional Spirit. / Way of the Hundred Fists's damage turns into Holy. (Damage element now specified)

• Sweeping Wind

• Inner Storm : As long as your vortex is at the maximum stack count, you gain 4 Spirit per second. / Sweeping Wind's damage turns into Holy. (Damage element now specified)

• Wave of Light Cost: 75 Spirit / Focus a wave of light that crushes enemies for
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>605% weapon damage as Holy, followed by an additional 79% weapon damage as Holy to all enemies in a line. (Damage up from 473%)

• Wall of Light : Increase damage of the initial strike to 870% weapon damage and adds a knockback. (Up from 709%)

• Explosive Light : Release bursts of energy that deal830% weapon damage as Fire to nearby enemies. (Up from 731%, damage was Holy)

• Pillar of the Ancients : Summon an ancient pillar that deals 635% weapon damage as Lightning, followed by 785% weapon damage as Lightning over 3 seconds to enemies who remain in the area. (Damage up from 498%, damage was Physical. Additional damage up from 498%. Damage is now over 3 seconds, instead of after 2 seconds)

• : Critical Hits
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>Freeze enemies for 4.5 seconds. (Renamed from Blinding Light, previously stunned)

Witch Doctor

• Zombie Handler You can have 1 additional Zombie Dog summoned at one time. The healths of
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>you, your Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan are increased by 20%. (Now also increases player health)

• Fetish Sycophants When you
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>hit enemies with your spells, you have up to a
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>10% chance to summon a dagger-wielding Fetish to fight by your side for 60 seconds. (No longer requires a physical realm spell, chance up from 5%)

• Fierce Loyalty You can have 1 additional Zombie Dog summoned at one time. While you have a Zombie Dog, Gargantuan, or Fetish following you and not in combat, your movement speed is increased by 30%. (Previously your pets gained 100% of your Life Regen and Thorns)

• Summon Zombie Dogs Cooldown: 45 seconds / Summon 3 Zombie Dogs from the depths to fight by your side. Each dog deals 30% of your weapon damage as Physical per hit. (Up from 12%)

• Corpse Spiders

• Leaping Spiders : Throw a jar with jumping spiders that leap up to 25 yards to reach their enemy and attack for a total of 382% weapon damage as Poison. (Damage was Physical)

• Hex

• Toad of Hugeness : Summon a giant toad that swallows enemies whole for up to 5 seconds, digesting for
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>580% of your weapon damage per second as
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>Poison. (Up from 20%, damage was Physical)

• Unstable Form : Hexed enemies explode when killed, dealing 135% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 8 yards. (Damage was Poison)

• Horrify Cooldown:
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>12 seconds / Don a spectral mask that horrifies all enemies within
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>18 yards, causing them to
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>tremor in Fear and be Immobilized for
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>3 seconds. (Cooldown down from 16 seconds, distance up from 12 yards, now immobilizes, duration down from 4 seconds)

• Phobia : Enemies are no longer Immobilized and will instead run in Fear
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>for 5 seconds. (Previously increased Fear to 6 seconds)

• Gargantuan

• Humongoid : The Gargantuan gains the Cleave ability, allowing its attacks to hit multiple enemies for 130% of your weapon damage as Cold. (Damage was Physical)

• Wrathful Protector : Summon a more powerful Gargantuan to fight for you for 15 seconds. The Gargantuan's fists burn with fire, dealing 575% of your weapon damage as Fire and knocking enemies into the air. (Previously knocked back)

• Bruiser : The Gargantuan gains the ability to periodically slam enemies, dealing 200% of your weapon damage as Fire and stunning them for 3 seconds. (Damage was Physical)

• Firebats Cost:
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>150 Mana initially, and an additional 75 Mana while channeling / Call forth a swarm of fiery bats to burn enemies in front of you for 425% weapon damage as Fire. (Mana cost down from 225)

• Dire Bats : Summon fewer but larger bats that travel a long distance and deal 495% weapon damage as Fire. (Up from 300%)

• Hungry Bats : Rapidly summon bats that seek out nearby enemies for 635% weapon damage as Fire. (Up from 350%)

• Vampire Bats : Firebats initial cost increased to 225 mana but no longer has a channeling cost. (Previously removed channeling cost)

• Wall of Zombies

• Unrelenting Grip : Your Wall of Zombies will Slow the movement of enemies by 60% for 5 seconds. Changes the damage done to Cold. (Damage element now specified)

• Piranhas

• Bogadile : A giant bogadile emerges from the pool of water and bites a monster dealing
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>1100% weapon damage as
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>Physical.  (Damage up from 840%, damage was Poison)

Wizard

• Magic Weapon

• Force Weapon : Increase the damage bonus of Magic Weapon to 20% damage. (No longer has a chance to Knockback)

• Meteor

• Molten Impact : Greatly increases the size and increases the damage of the Meteor impact to 1648% weapon damage as Fire and the molten fire to 549% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds. / Adds a 15 second cooldown. (Now also increases size of Meteor)

• Archon

• Slow Time : Archon form can cast a Slow Time that follows you. / Archon abilities deal Cold damage instead of Arcane. (Damage element now specified)

• Pure Power : Decrease the cooldown of Archon to 100 seconds. / Archon abilities deal Lightning damage instead of Arcane. (Damage element now specified)

• : An explosion erupts around you when you transform, dealing 3680% weapon damage as
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>Fire to all enemies within 15 yards. / Archon abilities deal Fire damage instead of Arcane. (Renamed from Arcane Destruction, damage element now specified)

• Teleport Cooldown: 11 seconds / Teleport through the ether to the selected location up to 50 yards away. (Down from 16 seconds)

• Calamity : Cast a short range Wave of Force upon arrival, dealing
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>175% weapon damage as Arcane to all nearby enemies and stunning them for 1
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del> second. (Damage down from 252%, stun duration down from 1.5 seconds)

• Fracture : Summon 2 decoys for
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>6 seconds after teleporting. (Down from 8 seconds)

• Safe Passage : For 5 seconds after you Teleport, you will take
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>25% less damage. (Down from 27%)

• Reversal : Casting Teleport again within
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>5 seconds will instantly return you to your original location and set the remaining cooldown to 1 second. (Down from 8 seconds, remaining cooldown effect added)

• Wormhole : After casting Teleport,
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>you have 3 seconds to Teleport
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>1 additional time. (Previously could teleport 2 additional times within 1 second)

Crusader

• Heavenly Strength You can wield a two-handed weapon in your main hand while bearing a shield in your off hand. (No longer has a Movement Speed penalty)
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>

• Indestructible
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>When you receive fatal damage, you instead become immune to damage, gain 35% increased damage and gain 16515 Life per Kill for 5 seconds. / This effect may occur once every 60 seconds. (Reworked from: Gain 1% Armor for every 3% of maximum Life missing)

• Vigilant Increase Life regeneration by 413. / Reduce all non-Physical damage taken by 20%. (Note: the current value in-game is actually 2063; Damage reduction up from 5%)

• InsurmountableBlocking an attack generates 6 Wrath. (Reworked from: Block Amount when 4 enemies are close)

• Iron MaidenYour Thorns is increased by 50%. (Previously gave a static amount based on character level)

• Finery Gain 1.5% Strength for every gem socketed into your gear. (Previously gave a static amount based on character level)

• Holy Cause The amount of damage dealt by your weapon is increased by 10%. / Whenever you deal Holy damage, you heal 1% of your total Life. (No longer requires Holy damage from weapon)

• Towering Shield
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>Increase the damage of Punish, Shield Bash and Blessed Shield by 20%. / Reduce the cooldown of Shield Glare by 30%. (Reworked from: Gain Block Chance every second, which resets with blocking)

• Fervor While wielding a one-handed weapon, your attack speed is increased by 15% and all cooldowns are reduced by 15%. (Reworked from: When an enemy dies nearby you gain Attack Speed)

• Fanaticism - Increase the
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>attack speed of
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>Punish, Slash, Smite and Justice by
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>15%. (Renamed from Nephalem Majesty. Reworked from: Increases the duration of Nephalem Glory by 30 seconds)

• Blessed Shield Cost: 20 Wrath / Hurl your shield, dealing
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>430% weapon damage as Holy plus 250% of shield Block Chance as Holy damage. The shield will ricochet to 3 nearby enemies. (Up from 340%, damage element now specified)

• Combust : The shield erupts in flames and has a 33% chance to explode on impact, dealing
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>310% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>10 yards. (Up from 270%, distance up from 8 yards)

• Shattering Throw : When the shield hits an enemy, it splits into 3 small fragments that bounce between nearby enemies, dealing
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>170% weapon damage as Holy to all enemies hit. (Up from 50%, damage element now specified)

• Sweep Attack Cost: 20 Wrath / Sweep a mystical flail through enemies up to 18 yards before you, dealing
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>480% weapon damage. (Up from 440%)

• Gathering Sweep : Enemies caught in the sweep are pulled toward you. / Sweep Attack's damage turns into Holy. (Damage element now specified)

• Blazing Sweep : Enemies hit by the attack will catch on fire for
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>120% weapon damage over 2 seconds. (Down from 170%)

• Heaven's Fury Cooldown: 20 seconds / Call down a furious ray of Holy power that deals
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>1710% weapon damage as Holy over 6 seconds to all enemies caught within it. (Up from 1260%)

• Ascendancy : The ray of Holy power grows to encompass 12 yards, dealing 2766% weapon damage as Holy over 6 seconds to enemies caught within it. (Up from 1680%)

• Blessed Ground : The ground touched by the ray becomes blessed, scorching it and dealing 1550% weapon damage over 5 seconds to enemies who walks through. (Up from 975%)

• Split Fury : The ray splits into 3 smaller beams, each dealing
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>1980% weapon damage as Holy over 6 seconds. (Up from 1440%)

• Thou Shalt Not Pass : Ground touched by the ray pulses with power for 6 seconds, stopping enemies who try to pass over it. (Damage was Holy)

• Fires of Heaven : Call down a furious ray of Holy power that is focused through you in a beam across the battlefield, dealing
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>960% weapon damage as Holy to all enemies it hits. / The cooldown is removed. Now costs 40 Wrath. (Up from 735%)

• Phalanx Cost: 30 Wrath / Summon powerful avatars who charge forward to the targeted destination. Enemies caught in the charge path take
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>490% weapon damage. (Up from 380%)

• Bowmen : The summoned avatars no longer march forward, but will wield bows and attack enemies, dealing 185% weapon damage. These bowmen follow you as you move for 5 seconds. / The Bowmen can only be summoned once every 15 seconds. (Up from 160%)

• Stampede : Summon warhorses that deal 490% weapon damage and have a 30% chance to Stun enemies for 2 seconds. (Up from 380%)

• Bodyguard : Instead of sending the avatars out away from you, you summon 2 Avatars of the Order to protect you and fight by your side for 10 seconds. Each Avatar will attack for
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>560% of your weapon damage as Physical. / The Avatars can only be summoned once every 30 seconds. (Up from 285%)

• Bombardment

• Mine Field : Each impact scatters 2 mines onto the battlefield that explode when enemies walk near them, dealing 160% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 10 yards. (Damage element now specified)

• Fist of the Heavens - The pillar of lightning now deals
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>545% weapon damage (up from 340%); The 6 piercing charged bolts now deal 255% weapon damage (down from 340%)

• Heaven's Tempest: Now summons a fiery storm (changed from Lightning); Now deals 100% weapon damage (down from 150%); Damage now specified as Fire

• Fissure: Now deals 410% weapon damage (up from 400%); Lightning between multiple fissures now deals an additional 135% weapon damage with each arc (down from 185%)

• Divine Well: Now deals 40% weapon damage (down from 80%)

• Retribution: Now hurls a fist of Holy power (changed from 'a fist of fire and lightning'); Now deals 270% weapon damage (down from 350%); Damage is now Holy (changed from Lightning); Explosion at target now deals 435% weapon damage (up from 150%); Explosion damage is now Holy (changed from Lightning); The 6 piercing charged bolts now deal 185% weapon damage (down from 350%)

• Blessed Hammer : Now deals 320% (up from 200%) weapon damage

• Burning Wrath : The scorched ground now deals 330% (up from 150%) weapon damage per second

• Thunderstruck : The lightning that occasionally arcs between you and the hammer as it spirals through the air now deals 60% (up from 40%) weapon damage

• Icebound Hammer: If the hammer explodes on impact with an enemy, it now deals 380% (up from 75%) weapon damage

• Shield Bash

• Crumble : Damage now specified as Fire

• Shattered Shield : The shield shatters into other smaller fragments, hitting more enemies for 740% (up from 380%) weapon damage

• Shield Cross : Additional shields now deal 155% (up from 135%) weapon damage

• Pound : Now causes Shield Bash to deal 1200% (up from 740%) weapon damage plus 500% shield Block Chance as
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>damage (no longer specified as Holy damage)

• One on One : The targeted monster is stunned (changed from 'immobilized') for
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>1.5 (down from 3) seconds.

• Steed Charge - Duration is now 2 (up from 1.5) seconds.

• Endurance : Now increases the duration to 3 (up from 2) seconds.

• Draw and Quarter : Damage now specified
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>as Holy

• Judgment

• Resolved : Damage dealt to judged enemies now has an
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>20% (down from 80%) increased chance to be a Critical Hit.

• Iron Skin

• Akarat's Champion - Reworked: Now increases the hero's damage by 35% and the Wrath regeneration by 10 for 20 seconds; Removed from tooltip: "The first time you take fatal damage while Akarat's Champion is active, you will be returned to full health."

• Fire Starter : Reworked: Dealing damage burns enemies with the power of Akarat, dealing 460% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds

• Embodiment of Power : Reworked: Now increases the bonus Wrath regeneration from Akarat's Champion to 10

• Rally : Reworked: Using Akarat's Champion reduces the remaining cooldown of your other abilities by 12 seconds

• Prophet : Added to the tooltip: "The first time you take fatal damage while Akarat's Champion is active, you will be returned to full health"

• Hasteful : Gain 15% (down from 30%) increased attack speed (changed from movement speed) while Akarat's Champion is active

• Falling Sword - Now deals 1700% (up from 1100%) weapon damage

• Superheated : Now deals
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>310% (up from 200%) weapon damage

• Part the Clouds : Now deals
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>605% (up from 165%) weapon damage

• Flurry : Now deals
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>230% (up from 60%) weapon damage as Holy (damage type wasn't previously specified)

• Punish - Now deals 335% (up from 270%) weapon damage

• Retaliate : When you block with Hardened Senses active, you now deal 140% (up from 94%) weapon damage as Holy (damage type wasn't previously specified)

• Roar : When you block with Hardened Senses active, you now explode with fury dealing 75% (up from 45%) weapon damage

• Slash Now deals 230% (up from 190%) weapon damage

• Zeal : Grants 1% increased Attack Speed for every enemy hit for 3 seconds. This effect now stacks up to
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>10 (up from 5) times.

• Justice Now deals 245% (up from 240%) weapon damage.

• Sword of Justice : Upon hitting an enemy, the sword grants 5% (up from 3%) increased movement speed for 3 seconds. This effect now stacks up to 3 (down from 5) times.

• Crack : When the hammer hits an enemy, there is now a
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>100% (up from 80%) chance it will crack into 2 smaller hammers that fly out and deal 245% (up from 175%) weapon damage as Holy.

• Hammer of Pursuit : Now deals
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>335% (up from 300%) weapon damage.

• Burst : Now deals
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;"></del>60% (up from 30%) weapon damage

• Laws of Valor Cooldown:
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">45</del>
    30 seconds / Active: Empower the Law, granting you and your allies 15% increased Attack Speed for 5 seconds. / Passive: Recite the Law, granting you and your allies 8% increased Attack Speed. / Only one Law may be active at a time.

• Answered Prayer : Active:
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">Empowering</del>
      While the Law
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">also grants a 0% chance</del>
      is empowered, each enemy killed increases the duration by 1 second, up to
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">drop Nephalem Glory Orbs on hit</del>
      a maximum of [Unknown value] seconds of increased time.

• Laws of Hope Cooldown:
    30 seconds / Active: Empower the Law, surrounding you and your allies in a shield for 3 seconds that absorbs up to 19108 damage. / Passive: Recite the Law, healing you and your allies for 743 Life per second. / Only one Law may be active at a time.

• Laws of Justice Cooldown:
    30 seconds / Active: Empower the Law, granting you and your allies 420 increased resistance to all elements for 5 seconds. / Passive: Recite the Law, granting you and your allies 120 increased resistance to all elements. / Only one Law may be active at a time.

• Decaying Strength : Active: While the Law is empowered, any enemy who attacks you or your allies will have their damage reduced by 15% for
      30 seconds, stacking up to a maximum of 60%.

• Consecration

• Shattered Ground : Enemies standing on consecrated ground take
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">95</del>
      155% weapon damage as Fire per second.

• Smite Generate: 5 Wrath per attack / Smite enemies up to
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">15</del>
    30 yards away with holy chains that deal
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">165</del>
    175% weapon damage as Holy. The chains break off and strike up to
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">3</del>
    5 additional enemies within 20 yards for
    <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">125</del>
    150% weapon damage as Holy.

• Shatter : The holy chains explode dealing
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">20</del>
      60% weapon damage as Holy to enemies within 3 yards.

• Surge : Increase the
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">range</del>
      number of
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">the initial chain</del>
      additional enemies hit to
      <del style="box-sizing: border-box;">30 yards</del>

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 32
Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 1 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top