Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 12/16/2013 1:52:06 PM EDT
like it says.. DAyZ  SA just dropped on steam.  Getting it right now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Intredasting. Thanks for the heads up. Didn't they have a targeted early access release of last June (or maybe earlier)?
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Intredasting. Thanks for the heads up. Didn't they have a targeted early access release of last June (or maybe earlier)?
View Quote

Hey, it's still June...

ish.

Nick
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Downloading now. IN for the bugfest!
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm gonna wait a bit before picking it up. Hell, I just started with the mod about a week ago so I will see how it goes before dropping $30 on it. Maybe after the 1st of the year if things work out..
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Tempting...
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, got it installed and ran around for a few minutes.

Got glitched under one of those tall apartment buildings and dont know how to get out
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
guess i'll try it out over my next break cycle
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Fook it, I missed out on Arma 3 when it was dirt cheap... not this one
Dloading when I get home from worky.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 3:36:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Well mines downloaded which ts will everyone be using?
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#10]
They said that owners of ArmA 2 would get a discount a while back so they wouldn't have to basically "buy the game" twice since most ArmA 2 purchasers bought it specifically for DayZ.

Paraphrasing sarcastically here: "Thanks for making us wildly successful. We're no longer going to support the incomplete and bug ridden mod we made to get you to buy our product. It'll be a standalone game so you'll have to pay more money for it but we'll give you a discount if you own ArmA 2!"
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They said that owners of ArmA 2 would get a discount a while back so they wouldn't have to basically "buy the game" twice since most ArmA 2 purchasers bought it specifically for DayZ.

Paraphrasing sarcastically here: "Thanks for making us wildly successful. We're no longer going to support the incomplete and bug ridden mod we made to get you to buy our product. It'll be a standalone game so you'll have to pay more money for it but we'll give you a discount if you own ArmA 2!"
View Quote

They probably realized it wasn't feasible.

I bought Arma 2 when it was on sale for $2 way before the mod came out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not sure why anybody would pay to play this, especially since it is, essentially, an alpha release, when the DayZ mod is free and a relatively mature product.

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not sure why anybody would pay to play this, especially since it is, essentially, an alpha release, when the DayZ mod is free and a relatively mature product.

View Quote

I think the assumption is that it will not always be an Alpha.  Don't you need to buy Arma to play DayZ?
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Games like this make me wish I had a gaming computer.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't brag on how mature that product it has more glitches then battlefield 4.

I've played standalone for about an hour and in alpha form the frame rates are more stable then any mod it's kinda stripped down now but it's already showing more potential then the previous iterations. Oh best of all you can drive a vehicle on the docks and through swamps without randomly exploding.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the standalone will be amazing once it matures. The list they have of what their plans are sound awesome.

Hopefully they continue to allow user mods, I think it will only make the game better.

Is this alpha purchase a limited time? How much are we expecting the full price to be?
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:17:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Got it, played maybe 30 ,minutes before I had to go to bed.  Figured out the flashlight, found rice, found a fire extinguisher, ran from a zombie, didn't die.  I'd say it was a good first outing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#18]

I think it runs exceptionally well for being an Alpha.  The majority of the bugs are not game breaking.  I just think there's a lot of confusion about how the hunger/thirst/infection/sickness system works.If you do your research you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Is the standalone movement still the same as in arma 2? A2 always felt clunky and disconnected to me and is one of the very few games that actually made me feel a bit nauseated. If it wasn't for that concern I'd pick this right up. I've been playing the Breaking Point mod in A3 and it's pretty good but it has a long way to go.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#20]
So how do I get this "discount?"  I bought Arma specifically for DayZ, and don't want to pay more.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#21]
You are shit outta luck on on y discount.   Looks like they only "hoped" to be able to give a discount to Arma 2 players that bought it for DayZ?
It's $30 on Steam, and only going to go up if you buy in after Alpha.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone else having trouble getting on I tried logging in and it says I have a bad version? yet steam says it doesn't have any updates.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone else having trouble getting on I tried logging in and it says I have a bad version? yet steam says it doesn't have any updates.
View Quote

Today I have had a ton of problems trying to play. Earlier I would just get stuck on "waiting for server" or something similar. About an hour ago I tried again and I was getting the bad version thing on every server. Backed out of the game and waited a few minutes and steam started updating. I still get it on a few servers but most work fine now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I was just watching a stream of it and it looks like they don't yet have a solution for server hopping... Anyone know if they plan to resolve that? What about Alt-F4? I heard rocket say there was going to be a penalty for DCing, but it didn't sound like it was implemented yet.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#26]
We need to get a server figured out and whatnot.

My SteamID is SavageWhiteDude.  Do we have a TS server for this?

edit: and wtf, all the sudden my flashlight is pointing off to the side and I can't get it pointing straight again?
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
edit: and wtf, all the sudden my flashlight is pointing off to the side and I can't get it pointing straight again?
View Quote

Press space bar. I think space puts whatever your holding in a "low ready" position
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#29]

3rd day in, made my way to NW airfield and am pretty well kitted out. :D

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I've got about 12 hours in it... so far it's not bad.

Finding ammo seems to be my biggest problem.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:09:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
Check the military bases. So far I found about 3 full 30 round mags by searching them. I have yet to find 5.56 ammo by itself though.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#32]
There are several new military areas on the map.  You can find ammo in 20 round cardboard boxes, as well as in mags.
Best places: Balota, NWAF,  Pavlovo Mil base, Veresnik mil base, NEAF.  All have barracks and what we're calling the police buildings (camo green 2 story with the jail cell).  The tents at Balota and N end of the NWAF are great for ammo, either in boxes or mags.

Now that you can join on Steam Friend, we don't necessarily have to have one particular server to hop onto.  
Also, the Mosin generally drops in non-mil areas.  Homes, cars, the garage looking buildings that are new.  Optics for Mosin will drop in the mil areas though.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Some of the stuff that I have found so far. I have been over most of the map.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You are shit outta luck on on y discount.   Looks like they only "hoped" to be able to give a discount to Arma 2 players that bought it for DayZ?
It's $30 on Steam, and only going to go up if you buy in after Alpha.
View Quote

So you think they will charge more for the standalone after the bugs are worked out?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Definitely.  Probably go up to $45 -$60 on Actual release in 2015
Maybe $35-$40 in Beta next year
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#36]
2015!?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Has anyone found a blood testing kit yet?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Has anyone found a blood testing kit yet?
View Quote

Yes i have found 2 thus far. One in a firehouse the other in a hospital.

Every time you spawn a fresh character you blood type randomly changes based on real world statical data.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e395/9874123/dayz_zps5a0e53d6.jpg

Some of the stuff that I have found so far. I have been over most of the map.
View Quote

Why do you carry one use sodas instead of refillable canteens or water bottles?
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#40]
PM me for the Arfcomm DayZ Team Speak server.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I've been watching some DayZ streams on Twitch.  Are there any zombies in the game?  I haven't seen any.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I've been watching some DayZ streams on Twitch.  Are there any zombies in the game?  I haven't seen any.
View Quote
There are, but they are a little bugged. They will be adding more as they work through the issues.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

There are, but they are a little bugged. They will be adding more as they work through the issues.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A zombie game without zombies.  heh.  I guess that's why they call it an alpha...

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Check the military bases. So far I found about 3 full 30 round mags by searching them. I have yet to find 5.56 ammo by itself though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, let me clarify that.  

I'll find 5.56 mags, and not find an M4.  Then die.

I'll find 7.62 ammo, but no Mosin.  Then, die.

I'll find .45 ammo, and maybe a FN pistol... but no mag.  Eventually, in my search for mags, I die.

Or I'll find a Mosin/M4/FN pistol... and never find any ammo at all.  

So maybe finding ammo isn't the problem, it's finding ammo for the gun I have, or finding a gun for the ammo I have.  The server hoppers are cleaning places out right after server restart I think, so it's becoming difficult.  I spent 6 hours earlier looking for some 7.62 ammo for my scoped Mosin, then my game crashed.  When I restarted, I was a fresh spawn.  

Fun times with Alpha...

Link Posted: 12/29/2013 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I found 100+ rounds of 5.56 in the NW airfield with my brother. Most of the ammo was found in the tent area.

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I found 100+ rounds of 5.56 in the NW airfield with my brother. Most of the ammo was found in the tent area.

http://imageshack.us/a/img43/6924/qo0x.jpg  
View Quote
Be careful up there. While there is a lot of good loot, A lot of people server hop at that location.

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#47]
how hard is this game on your computer?
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#48]
since its based off the Arma engines it takes a little juice as neither engine is streamlined for being optimized coupled with the fact its an alpha release

what happened to me last night. went to the balota airfield picked up an m4 with a full 10 round magazine. go scavaging for other supplies, get disconnected. Log back in to being attacked by a zombie and see three human players. One see's me and alerts one of his buddies. they start chasing me (I didn't realize my m4 had rounds i thought it was an empty mag) so i'm back pedalling with a base ball bat telling them i dont want their crap and I have nothing they want. 3rd looped back around me. I stop once i'm surrounded they tell me to follow them. so I dis. they tell me to unequip the bat...so I'm in my inventory trying to figure out how. they warn me they are going to open fire if i don't unequip the bat. I can't figure it out, become swiss cheese. As my friend in my teamspeak said "Welcome to Dayz"
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
since its based off the Arma engines it takes a little juice as neither engine is streamlined for being optimized coupled with the fact its an alpha release

what happened to me last night. went to the balota airfield picked up an m4 with a full 10 round magazine. go scavaging for other supplies, get disconnected. Log back in to being attacked by a zombie and see three human players. One see's me and alerts one of his buddies. they start chasing me (I didn't realize my m4 had rounds i thought it was an empty mag) so i'm back pedalling with a base ball bat telling them i dont want their crap and I have nothing they want. 3rd looped back around me. I stop once i'm surrounded they tell me to follow them. so I dis. they tell me to unequip the bat...so I'm in my inventory trying to figure out how. they warn me they are going to open fire if i don't unequip the bat. I can't figure it out, become swiss cheese. As my friend in my teamspeak said "Welcome to Dayz"
View Quote

People who surrender deserve to die.

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
At least you didn't get tied up and forced to donate blood or force-fed a bottle of disinfectant.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top