Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 3/6/2014 7:57:56 PM EDT
Just got an email and tracking number that my copy of Titanfall is on the way. Anybody else super excited for this release. I hope it is as good as everybody says.

Been having a lot of fun with this game. Lets friend one another until clans are set up.

If you want to get added, and you aren't on the list, post your gamertag in the thread.

Xbox gamertag

Combatmp812
x TI21UIVIPH x
Metalsaber
QuintinAR15
ausher1880
BFC 2000Z3M
djkest
JMB Disciple
aimforthemedic
Campre
Gromann7
Extorris13
Desolation341
KillerBobbyHill
CobraKai75
EVIL APPLESAUCE
runcible
joshs2000ss
Mach1Run
SouthEndXGF
FinderOfEnergy
Run N Gun 556
kilowhiskey223
PaPaKAPture
cam2ty
TheFracture87
Fallen003

PC:
AR15guy
NIUGoalie
seven2zero
BakerMikeRomeo
Papi4baby
Brassburn

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Beta didn't blow my mind.
No single player equals I fall behind the hardcore gamers in less than a week and then become fodder.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Titanfall is the SH!T!!!!  As a "Hardcore" gamer (Div 1 global player BF4) I cant wait!  I have had a pre-order on the collectors edition since it was announced.  The whole FPS genre really needed something new.  The monotony of each successive version of Battlefield and COD was just getting boring.  With the BF series teamwork and quality of game play have taken a back seat to special effects.  I still think that Bad Company 2 was the funnest game play ever in Battlefield.  I just hope that Titanfall does not suffer from EAitus and have the "netcode" issues like BF4.  If it does I am done with EA games, if not I have found my new series.

On the note of fun of game play and teamwork I wish Sony would bring back Zipper for a M.A.G 2 release.  THAT was a great game, shame it didnt take off as much as it should have.  256 player battles and complete load out customization combined with clan support of 100 players that could ALL join up in a lobby before joining the same game as a whole unit.  Those were good times!
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
My body is ready.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Got it pre ordered for x1 picking it up Tuesday after work.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]
No single player campaign, how the hell did I miss that?

Guess I'll be cancelling my Amazon pre-order if it isn't too late.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Pre-ordered it at GameStop. Actually am not too excited for it, but I'll be playing it Tuesday.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

The "Epic" moments of gameplay are built into the multi player.  To be honest I dont know why companies spend as much time in Campaign as they do.  Most of us just play campaign to get through it and get the unlocks.  Its a flash in the pan that is over in 1-4 hours for something to do the first month while online servers are down for repair of a new title.  Been there, done that killed em all, nothing new to see.... Now what?  Online thats what.  

Playing against people is better than an AI and if I can get the cool cut scenes while beating on some noob flesh and blood..... TO HECK WITH CAMPAIGN!  Give me large maps with a wide array of objectives, high player count, native VOIP, a real command structure like in MAG or PLANETSIDE 2 to facilitate the flow of information and to better focus resources, the ability to either create custom load outs by weight restriction like in MAG or limit each squad to ONE of each of the 4 classes (Like in Operation Flashpoint - even though the rest of that game sucked) so that I dont end up on a map with 400 people all shooting RPG or all sniping.  Quit making clone guns... There are 20 guns to choose from you say?  No that is 12 AK Variants, 7 AR 5.56 Variants 3 PDW's, 7 Bolt action all chambered in .308 with 20" barrels and one .338magnum.... You gave me 7 guns not 20.  Give me the ability to make a real Clan of 50 or 100 players that can meet up in lobby and then deploy as a platoon all into the same game at once without getting split up.  Make the game social and fun again and forget about me playing against an AI all by myself.  DEVELOPERS - DO THIS AND SIGN ME UP!
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The "Epic" moments of gameplay are built into the multi player.  To be honest I dont know why companies spend as much time in Campaign as they do.  Most of us just play campaign to get through it and get the unlocks.  Its a flash in the pan that is over in 1-4 hours for something to do the first month while online servers are down for repair of a new title.  Been there, done that killed em all, nothing new to see.... Now what?  Online thats what.  

Playing against people is better than an AI and if I can get the cool cut scenes while beating on some noob flesh and blood..... TO HECK WITH CAMPAIGN!  Give me large maps with a wide array of objectives, high player count, native VOIP, a real command structure like in MAG or PLANETSIDE 2 to facilitate the flow of information and to better focus resources, the ability to either create custom load outs by weight restriction like in MAG or limit each squad to ONE of each of the 4 classes (Like in Operation Flashpoint - even though the rest of that game sucked) so that I dont end up on a map with 400 people all shooting RPG or all sniping.  Quit making clone guns... There are 20 guns to choose from you say?  No that is 12 AK Variants, 7 AR 5.56 Variants 3 PDW's, 7 Bolt action all chambered in .308 with 20" barrels and one .338magnum.... You gave me 7 guns not 20.  Give me the ability to make a real Clan of 50 or 100 players that can meet up in lobby and then deploy as a platoon all into the same game at once without getting split up.  Make the game social and fun again and forget about me playing against an AI all by myself.  DEVELOPERS - DO THIS AND SIGN ME UP!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get that most people don't bother with campaign mode and I don't blame developers for eliminating it if it isn't profitable. That said,  there is still a small portion of gamers (myself included) who like the campaign mode and rarely bother with online play. Online can be tons of fun with people you know but it gets a lot less fun when everyone has kids thus making it virtually impossible to schedule an online meet up. Maybe it's just me but I'm usually not in the mood to listen to pre-teens squeal racial slurs at me while I get my ass kicked.

Maybe, in the words of Danny Glover,  "I'm getting too old for this shit".
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
waiting on tuesday
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope.

Will wait for it to be on sale. No longer will pre order games, waste of money.

Plus i have a feeling the game will be dead within 6 months (i hope not since it is somewhat fun).
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I get that most people don't bother with campaign mode and I don't blame developers for eliminating it if it isn't profitable. That said,  there is still a small portion of gamers (myself included) who like the campaign mode and rarely bother with online play. Online can be tons of fun with people you know but it gets a lot less fun when everyone has kids thus making it virtually impossible to schedule an online meet up. Maybe it's just me but I'm usually not in the mood to listen to pre-teens squeal racial slurs at me while I get my ass kicked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got tired of being called a "Bitch" by 12 year olds 10 years ago.

Single Player is all I care about, though I do sometimes play TF2 just for giggles.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Single Player is all I care about, though I do sometimes play TF2 just for giggles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel everyone's pain about the children playing a game that really was meant for 18+.  That said, this is why Clan support is so important.  The purpose of a clan is to play with people you actually like playing with, either based on skill or they are just a good laugh.  One of the things that made MAG one of my favorite FPS games of all time was the clan support.  You could make a small clan of 20 to 30 people that were all adults (we usually set a rule of 21+ with the RARE exception) that way out of 20 or 30 there would always be 5 or 6 people online.  You could ALL meet up in lobby and then all join the same game at the same time.  Even on those rare occasions when there were half or more of the clan on you could still find a game in progress that would support your group.  If you got a good clan everyone would be inviting quality people to your clan and votes in our out were generally done by vote of the 'Core" members (People who play almost every day).  The 12yr old is also another thing I hate about COD and the PC text option (despite being a PC player) is that you have to read them talk shit even if you cant hear them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm going digital download on the X1.  I also picked up my Titanfall controller.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a shame it's an EA game. It looks interesting, but that company doesn't get a cent from me anymore.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It's a shame it's an EA game. It looks interesting, but that company doesn't get a cent from me anymore.
View Quote
The beta was rock solid. Thinking that EA just has their name on it. Remedy is solid IMO.

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The beta was rock solid. Thinking that EA just has their name on it. Respawn is solid IMO.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The beta was rock solid. Thinking that EA just has their name on it. Respawn is solid IMO.  
EA also just had it's name on Dice's Battlfield 4.

and fify

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I played the beta and loved the game, but i'll be waiting till after launch to read if theres any issues/bugs etc. And if it looks good I will most likely pick it up when its on sale like I do with all games.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

and fify

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and fify

bah stupid ipad.

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Lets face it.... EA is making a bad name for themselves and FAST.  As I said earlier, it this is 1/2 the shitshow Battlefield 4 was I am done with EA forever!  If it were not for the fact that I would not be able to just walk into a store and get a PC collectors edition 2 weeks after launch I would have waited, but I really wanted the statue.  I work part time for an electronic retailer and my copy came in.  The box is HUGE!  Bigger than the unboxing video makes it look.  My warehouse thought it was 4 XBox One Titanfall editions and almost opened it before someone saw the picture of the statue on the back.  My boss would not let me open it up :(  Said I had to wait for midnight release.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#23]
The opened it up for re-download on the PC today, weighed in at 49GB.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Origin =
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Origin =
View Quote

You just click a button to play the game. It's not the end of the world.

I liked it. I didn't know it didn't have a single player campaign. That's kind of weird as that sort of game would be amazing to have a coop campaign in.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Standing by for Titanfall.

loved the beta. can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:15:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Origin =

I liked it. I didn't know it didn't have a single player campaign. That's kind of weird as that sort of game would be amazing to have a coop campaign in.
It has a Multiplayer campaign.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#28]
11hr: 56min till Titanfall
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've never been to a midnight release, but if I didn't have to work tomorrow I would go to this one.

Super excited and anxiously standing by for Titanfall.
View Quote

Chick at gamestop called me yesterday stating the midnight release is at 10:00 pm  and to come in for free stuff and to reserve the season pass for $25....  if i didnt have to work I'd go tonight...  

Game looks good and its bout the only game coming out anytime soon for thr x1 or ps4 that looked decent enough to buy right off the bat....   otherwise until mad max comes out i wont be buying any other game. ...
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Titanfall is the SH!T!!!!  As a "Hardcore" gamer (Div 1 global player BF4) I cant wait!  I have had a pre-order on the collectors edition since it was announced.  The whole FPS genre really needed something new.  The monotony of each successive version of Battlefield and COD was just getting boring.  With the BF series teamwork and quality of game play have taken a back seat to special effects.  I still think that Bad Company 2 was the funnest game play ever in Battlefield.  I just hope that Titanfall does not suffer from EAitus and have the "netcode" issues like BF4.  If it does I am done with EA games, if not I have found my new series.

On the note of fun of game play and teamwork I wish Sony would bring back Zipper for a M.A.G 2 release.  THAT was a great game, shame it didnt take off as much as it should have.  256 player battles and complete load out customization combined with clan support of 100 players that could ALL join up in a lobby before joining the same game as a whole unit.  Those were good times!

--------------

--------------

I feel everyone's pain about the children playing a game that really was meant for 18+.  That said, this is why Clan support is so important.  The purpose of a clan is to play with people you actually like playing with, either based on skill or they are just a good laugh.  One of the things that made MAG one of my favorite FPS games of all time was the clan support.  You could make a small clan of 20 to 30 people that were all adults (we usually set a rule of 21+ with the RARE exception) that way out of 20 or 30 there would always be 5 or 6 people online.  You could ALL meet up in lobby and then all join the same game at the same time.  Even on those rare occasions when there were half or more of the clan on you could still find a game in progress that would support your group.  If you got a good clan everyone would be inviting quality people to your clan and votes in our out were generally done by vote of the 'Core" members (People who play almost every day).  The 12yr old is also another thing I hate about COD and the PC text option (despite being a PC player) is that you have to read them talk shit even if you cant hear them.

--------------

Lets face it.... EA is making a bad name for themselves and FAST.  As I said earlier, it this is 1/2 the shitshow Battlefield 4 was I am done with EA forever!  If it were not for the fact that I would not be able to just walk into a store and get a PC collectors edition 2 weeks after launch I would have waited, but I really wanted the statue.  I work part time for an electronic retailer and my copy came in.  The box is HUGE!  Bigger than the unboxing video makes it look.  My warehouse thought it was 4 XBox One Titanfall editions and almost opened it before someone saw the picture of the statue on the back.  My boss would not let me open it up :(  Said I had to wait for midnight release.
View Quote

Appropriate forum name is appropriate.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Titanfall can be streamed and posted on youtube now.   So if you want to see what it looks like people are streaming it now.   I have already seen a map with dragons flying around on it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No single player equals I fall behind the hardcore gamers in less than a week and then become fodder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This and:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I agree.  I've always been interested more in the SP than the MP components.

Quoted:

It has a Multiplayer campaign.    

That's being really generous.  From what I've seen of people playing on twitch and YT today, the "campaign" consists of short voice overs while you are gearing up for your next match.  No real cutscenes, no character exposition or arc, no backstory, no universe building, no rationale for any story conflict; barely a plot in other words.  The one constant about the campaign I've seen in reviews is that it's basically un-followable gibberish, and by the end you have no idea what any of it's about.  Pretty much every review that I've seen that talks about the campaign from IGN to Giantbomb were saying they had no idea what was going on beyond "Team A and Team B are fighting...presumably about something, though we don't know what."   It's window dressing at best.

I played the beta on PC and had fun, but I think I'm gonna wait for a bit on this one.  Really interested to see how badly EA's servers are fucked at launch, actually.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Tried to get wife to go get it for the midnight release.   She absolutely refused. ...  so i gotta wait till after work....
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#36]
installing. about 50% done
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't have to work tomorrow so I figured I would just stay up and download it tonight…  Of course, the microsoft store site still doesn't have it..  

Downloading now but of course, because it's xbox, the dumb download keeps stopping.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 1:27:48 AM EDT
[#38]
My install with the disc took about 25 minutes, including the ~900mb launch update. Played 10 rounds tonight - had a freakin blast.

This game is so cool. I'll try to upload some clips soon.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 1:55:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 3:23:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Did the download on the X1 around 3:30am and woke up around 5am to find it all done.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:40:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Should be at my house when I get off work.

x TI21UIVIPH x    

on xbox 1
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:43:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what eventually drove me out of video games many years ago.  I have a life outside of the TV, and getting my ass handed to me by people who spend 18 hours a day playing got old real quick.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This is what eventually drove me out of video games many years ago.  I have a life outside of the TV, and getting my ass handed to me by people who spend 18 hours a day playing got old real quick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would argue the opposite.  When you have a single player and play that, you are that far behind those that went right into MP.  They know the maps, have more unlocks than you and are much more skilled at PvP vs you playing against AI.  

Got through the tutorial before going back to work.

Metalsaber on the X1.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Giggity.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#45]
thing looks so sweet.  I almost bought it but I wanted to go the Digital Download route on the X1.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Origin =
View Quote

Didn't blow my mind from what I have seen so far. Just looked like a slower AAA version of Tribes.

EA being involved at all means I am VERY unlikely to purchase.

I had heard that they weren't involved with the development; only the distribution. Which sounded okay.

Then I went to look for it on Steam today and realized that it's Origin only. That was the final nail in the coffin. Won't be purchasing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Got about 45 mins in during lunch.  Loving it.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#49]
So do I get the PC or Xbone version?

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#50]
fucking Live is down.

Major nelson says it's not a Titanfall issue...

suuuure.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/03/11/xbox-live-down-on-titanfall-launch-day/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top