Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 769
Posted: 10/2/2011 8:12:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GUNGUY148]
I need a new routine and am thinking about starting 531. Several posters down here seem to think favorably of it. It being low volume I like but it looks like painfully slow progression.

What's the straight story on it?  

I'm also open to any other strength training routines that we want to discus.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By therex:

I really wanted the 6@405. REALLY wanted it. But rep3 I lost a little tightness and my chest drooped, took the wind right out of my sails. I ground out rep4 and didn't want to fail, so I racked it.

View Quote

I think the key to repping out 405 is to just go like a piston before your body realizes how heavy it is.  Every second with that weight on your shoulders is draining you.  I'm not gonna be happy until I get 10.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Hank:

#datjackedbackdo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Check this out.  The wife pulling 300# for 5 reps from 20".  (at 115" BW).

I've had her on my program for a month or so now.  She's getting much stronger without the massive amount of cardio she was doing in crossfit.

<a href="http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/law5876/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskvgzba4h.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g450/law5876/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskvgzba4h.png</a>

#datjackedbackdo

#damnyo
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]

#datjackedbackdo
View All Quotes

I've had her on my program for a month or so now.  She's getting much stronger without the massive amount of cardio she was doing in crossfit.

<a href="http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/law5876/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskvgzba4h.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g450/law5876/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskvgzba4h.png</a>

#datjackedbackdo

Jacked and tan for sure.

I can't pull near 2.6x my bodyweight.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]

I think the key to repping out 405 is to just go like a piston before your body realizes how heavy it is.  Every second with that weight on your shoulders is draining you.  I'm not gonna be happy until I get 10.
View All Quotes

I really wanted the 6@405. REALLY wanted it. But rep3 I lost a little tightness and my chest drooped, took the wind right out of my sails. I ground out rep4 and didn't want to fail, so I racked it.

Yeah, I lolligag with the weight on my back and fuck myself.

Still, that's better advice than "Get gud, noob."
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:28:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#5]
Nice, awesome pull.  

Today was death. Squats went like this:
Back Squat:
10@315
8@365
6 4@405 (<--PR, woot woot)
Front Squat:
6@225
4@275
2@315
<die>

View All Quotes

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g450/law5876/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskvgzba4h.png
Nice, awesome pull.  

Back Squat:
10@315
8@365
Front Squat:
6@225
4@275
2@315
<die>

Fucking  a, dude.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By KaiK:
Fucking  a, dude.
View All Quotes

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g450/law5876/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskvgzba4h.png
Nice, awesome pull.  

Back Squat:

10@315

8@365

Front Squat:

6@225

4@275

2@315

<die>

Fucking  a, dude.

The front squats were easy, I should have gone heavier. 275-315-maybe365x2. Oh well. The subsequent workout murdered me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Just was on the phone with a family as they found out their son committed suicide.  The mother was screaming in the background and the little brother had to pick up the phone and tell me what was going on.  That was awful.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Just was on the phone with a family as they found out their son committed suicide.  The mother was screaming in the background and the little brother had to pick up the phone and tell me what was going on.  That was awful.
View Quote

Damn
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

That sounds awful.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Rex inspired me, 235# front squat for a PR!
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Only 90lbs to go to catch up to this busted up and broken down old man.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Hizzie:

View All Quotes

Shut up!
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

That's terrible. Are you doing ok?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Good job!

Are you pumping up the volume for the last weeks of your cut?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Wow. That's very saddening.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:06:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#16]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Good job!

View All Quotes

Good job!

I've got my diet so dialed in that I'm putting strength back on and losing weight.

Only 10#s off my pre cut bench.  About 20# off my squat and dead. But I blame this on 2 weeks of vacation.

This stuff,Hurricane , is a great post workout. It really has given me some gainz.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Thats always rough

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#18]

I've got my diet so dialed in that I'm putting strength back on and losing weight.

Only 10#s off my pre cut bench.  About 20# off my squat and dead. But I blame this on 2 weeks of vacation.

This stuff,Hurricane , is a great post workout. It really has given me some gainz.
View All Quotes

Good job!

That stuff looks pretty convenient since it already has a couple of the things in my stack. I like that it also has carnosine in it. I take carnosine with beta-alanine right before I start lifting. When I added in the carnosine, I swear colors became more vivid.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#19]

That stuff looks pretty convenient since it already has a couple of the things in my stack. I like that it also has carnosine in it. I take carnosine with beta-alanine right before I start lifting. When I added in the carnosine, I swear colors became more vivid.
View All Quotes

Good job!

LOL, yeah it has pretty much everything I want. And it's reasonably priced if you do the 2 for 60 deal.  I feel great after I drink it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Officially submitted offer on our first house!
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#21]

LOL, yeah it has pretty much everything I want. And it's reasonably priced if you do the 2 for 60 deal.  I feel great after I drink it.
View All Quotes

Good job!

OOS.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Good luck! Don't go crazy waiting for a responce. Try to relax.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

You sure you're an old man?

Good luck. Seems like it's turning into a buyer's market.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#24]
My 42 year old out of shape sister got sick last February apparently.  Found out yesterday that it probably infected her heart, she's running on about 30% usage and we find out today if she's going on the transplant list.

She's always been a huge hypochondriac so it's a little weird processing all this.  She has two teenage boys.

Nearly a week since the cortisone shot in my wrist and I still can't load it in a flexed position (like a push-up).  Starting GH peptides Monday, hopefully I'll get it healed up in the next two months since the first two haven't helped.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SCW:
My 42 year old out of shape sister got sick last February apparently.  Found out yesterday that it probably infected her heart, she's running on about 30% usage and we find out today if she's going on the transplant list.

She's always been a huge hypochondriac so it's a little weird processing all this.  She has two teenage boys.

Nearly a week since the cortisone shot in my wrist and I still can't load it in a flexed position (like a push-up).  Starting GH peptides Monday, hopefully I'll get it healed up in the next two months since the first two haven't helped.  

View Quote

I am very sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes smoothly with the transplant/list. I can't imagine how taxing that must be on her/you/your families.

Are the peptides Rx? I have basically zero knowledge of them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#26]

I am very sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes smoothly with the transplant/list. I can't imagine how taxing that must be on her/you/your families.

View All Quotes

Thanks, we should know by about 2pm if she needs a replacement heart of if she just had a serious heart attack and her arteries are plugged.  If it's arteries, there's a chance they can bore-brush them and take some load off the heart and get here back on her feet.  But she doesn't really fit the profile for that.

I'm going to start TB-500, you can read about it HERE.  I'm just looking for a way to heal up my nagging old-man injuries and this seems like a pretty good solution.  I'll be taking smaller doses for longer term, these don't appear to have the same strength/weightloss/bodybuilding effects that HGH has, but still does a good job of just healing up the body.

It's not a human-approved substance afaik.  I'm buying it from RACEHORSEMEDS which is by far the cheapest per mg I've found.

baby steps to my black market lifestyle...  I actually do a lot of engineering for trade already, cattle, semi trailer, construction labor...  I'm getting better at the black market all the time  I was trying to find a good source of real HGH for a long time and finally gave up, too many fakes and too much money to risk on fake product.  This is far cheaper and still provides the healing influence I'm after, and isn't really very much different than what the body already has and uses.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Dang guys, some low times in here. Stay strong.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Damn that sucks.

No way I would want a transplant unless my shit was shutting down.  30% heart would be better than transplant heart.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Damn that sucks.

No way I would want a transplant unless my shit was shutting down.  30% heart would be better than transplant heart.
View All Quotes

Damn that sucks.

Sounded like its at least 5 years waiting on the list and they don't know how long she's got with the OEM version.  I guess it's enlarged so the valves don't touch and that's causing additional problems.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Sounded like its at least 5 years waiting on the list and they don't know how long she's got with the OEM version.  I guess it's enlarged so the valves don't touch and that's causing additional problems.  

View All Quotes

Damn that sucks.

I don't know anything about hearts. But that sounds bad.  

She better make some lifestyle changes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Damn that sucks.

I don't know anything either but she's always had a really good diet, no processed food at all, no soda, etc.  She lives on the farm where I lived when I was burned, 45mi from a paved road and 80 miles from a gas station.  She eats home made everything.

We got the test results today, it was basically the flu that ended up infecting her heart and now it's got a lot of swelling and fluid that doesn't allow for correct function.  She's on the list for a replacement but hoping it actually starts working better over the next 5 years or so she'll have to wait for one.  Doc said she's likely on oxygen for the rest of her life now.   If she had known what was going on back when she got sick (don't know how anyone would know that) she wouldn't have such a bad prognosis today.

Pretty nuts, she became a very old woman all of a sudden.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Someone's been breaking into mailboxes.

Should I dust for prints?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

View Quote

Put a small flat rate box full of cat shit in the box. Let them steal it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#34]

I don't know anything either but she's always had a really good diet, no processed food at all, no soda, etc.  She lives on the farm where I lived when I was burned, 45mi from a paved road and 80 miles from a gas station.  She eats home made everything.

We got the test results today, it was basically the flu that ended up infecting her heart and now it's got a lot of swelling and fluid that doesn't allow for correct function.  She's on the list for a replacement but hoping it actually starts working better over the next 5 years or so she'll have to wait for one.  Doc said she's likely on oxygen for the rest of her life now.   If she had known what was going on back when she got sick (don't know how anyone would know that) she wouldn't have such a bad prognosis today.

View All Quotes

Damn that sucks.

That sucks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

Maybe a flat piece of cardboard under it with some compressed springs.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Damn that sucks.

Lost my father at age 45 to massive heart attack. Had polio and scarlet fever when he was a kid.

Love while you can.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:34:51 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Pushing 40. Grey hair everywhere.

So had to up our offer. Player two entered the game.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

I'm 37.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#39]

I'm 37.
View All Quotes

I'm 37.

Get off my lawn.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#40]

We got the test results today, it was basically the flu that ended up infecting her heart and now it's got a lot of swelling and fluid that doesn't allow for correct function.

View Quote
This is the second person I've heard this round of the flu doing this to. It's crazy. Get your flu shots, folks. No joke.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Starting to add accessory work this week. Pullups, Dips, Farmers Walks and some direct arm work one day.  Lunges, step ups, hamstring curls and calf work the next.  My grip strength needs some work for my deadlift working sets so I'm ending every session by holding 100lb dumbells as long as possible for 3 sets.

Weight has eased up to 191. I need to watch my diet a litte more and pick up some more interval work. I would like to ease back down to 180 in 8 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#42]
They accepted our offer!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Congrats!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Awesome.  Now get back to work, Democrats across the country are depending on you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#45]

I'm 37.
View All Quotes

I'm 37.

Talk to me after you've taken a 35mph Crown Vic to the quads.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#46]
I had my son go back out and max out his squats for me after he had done all of his 5x5 sets/reps at 107lbs.  He managed a max of 155!  that's pretty dang good for a kid like him, he's put on so much weight and strength that he's really surprising himself too.  

Not sure what his true max is, he was cooked mentally but not physically, he just didn't want to do anymore and I couldn't get him excited for it.  The mental conditioning is coming along well, they are better at pushing through the hard stuff than when we started a few months ago.  Their bulking cycle is going well, both of the boys have noticed that squats are a little easier now that they are eating for it.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, looks like we have another gainz supplement to take

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27182886?dopt=Abstract

View Quote

That still wouldn't help me. When they legalize something that ends with "bol" and start putting it in preworkout, IM me the Amazon link. Outside of that, I think my lifts are a lost fuggin cause.

Down 8 lbs. Maybe 8 more to go. All of my maxes are down 10% being on this cut. I should hit my summer weight about the second week of July. I'll hold at about that weight for the summer months. Then start eating all of the things again in October.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#49]

That still wouldn't help me. When they legalize something that ends with "bol" and start putting it in preworkout, IM me the Amazon link. Outside of that, I think my lifts are a lost fuggin cause.

Down 8 lbs. Maybe 8 more to go. All of my maxes are down 10% being on this cut. I should hit my summer weight about the second week of July. I'll hold at about that weight for the summer months. Then start eating all of the things again in October.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27182886?dopt=Abstract

My weight loss currently is abysmal.  I'm at about a half pound a week.  

It seems now that I am at a low BW percentage, it is just incredibly hard to keep going.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I'm 37.

That's little girls stuff. I fell 30 feet off of scaffolding.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 769
Top Top