Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2010 1:16:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It would be nice if you would have an ACR as a grand prize.

Link Posted: 3/18/2010 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What's up with the pictures? Is this like an airsoft game for adults with real guns?
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's up with the pictures? Is this like an airsoft game for adults with real guns?

It's a zombie themed shoot.  WTF would you like it to look like?

Link Posted: 3/18/2010 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I think this is the only way I'll be able to afford to shoot an ACR.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Are these guys for real?  lol.

Their marketing sucks.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, I could give a shit about the fact they have a terrible fucking graphic designer on their marketing team... I WANNA GO THIS MATCH!
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 5:08:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a zombie guy, but I kinda like the idea.  I'd have to wear a mask though after looking at the photos;  looks too much like a airsoft fail (the guy with two swords on his back).
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#9]
uuummmmm wow..just wow

and for some reason the following pic pissed me off. If your gonna galavant around shooting pictures of fucking zombies please dont do it in a Marine Corps uniform  and if you must where Marpat please do not leave the U.S. Marines nametape on them

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
uuummmmm wow..just wow

and for some reason the following pic pissed me off. If your gonna galavant around shooting pictures of fucking zombies please dont do it in a Marine Corps uniform  and if you must where Marpat please do not leave the U.S. Marines nametape on them

http://i40.tinypic.com/rckdgz.jpg

He must have thought there was a beach shoot :
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#12]
thats great and all but I've got a link for you too http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=184595&page=18

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#14]
This looks like alot of fun to me. I wish someone would do something like this closer to my area though... We never get cool events around this frickin place.
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
uuummmmm wow..just wow

Looks like a Travis Haley wannabe
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
uuummmmm wow..just wow

I belive the man in that photo is a former Marine. So why can't he use them?
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
uuummmmm wow..just wow

I belive the man in that photo is a former Marine. So why can't he use them?

Gen1Runner, it's spelled "Wear," but you're exactly right in your sentiment.

Because he is not at an event that is sanctioned by the Marine Corps. It's the same as that retarded officer that chained himself to the gates at the White House in protest to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" because he wants to force acceptance of his lifestyle upon those unfortunately under his command..

Do you think it'd be okay to wear your uniform to a Gay Pride event? How about one of those nice KKK or Black Panther rallies? I know someone's going to come in here and ask what the harm is of them shooting zombies, well that's just because shooting zombies/having fun with guns is something you agree with. If you allow people to go to this non sanctioned event in their nametaped and branch identified uniform, you give others carte blanche to attend whatever they want to wearing it, potentially making it look like where ever you're at, you've got your military branch's permission when you do not.

There are way more than enough people dishonoring the uniform. This guy, though he isn't doing direct dishonor, gives permission for others to do so. (As well as the Army Sgt in the other picture)

Death451, aren't you the guy that used to work at Oak Grove?
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Opinions of people who didn't attend aside, this shoot was a great time last year and a lot of folks went home with some pretty sweet prizes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
uuummmmm wow..just wow

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, you are not the only United States Marine that has walked this earth. People are proud to represent the branches that they have served and do it with honor. The uniforms the Government gave us to fight in are now our personal property to do with it as we so choose. Some people keep them, others sell them. If he wants to leave a fucking US MARINES name tape on, so be it and remember this: It's not what's on your uniform, it's what's on your DD214.

Gunner OIF IV-VI
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 5:23:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
uuummmmm wow..just wow

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, you are not the only United States Marine that has walked this earth. People are proud to represent the branches that they have served and do it with honor. The uniforms the Government gave us to fight in are now our personal property to do with it as we so choose. Some people keep them, others sell them. If he wants to leave a fucking US MARINES name tape on, so be it and remember this: It's not what's on your uniform, it's what's on your DD214.

Gunner OIF IV-VI

Be that as it may as a Marine we all know we arent supposed to wear our Utilities in public,the way I see it is whether you are currently  under contract or out if you wear the uniform the nametape should be removed,my personal opinion and Im sure others would agree. I think it looks like shit and reflects poorly on us when someone wheres it in public. I know whats on my DD214 and I stood on the footprints just like you,and I called it how I saw it...whatever, Im done.

Link Posted: 3/24/2010 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Pretty tightly wound bunch, aren't you? Sounds like a fun shoot, at least as long as the sand-in-vagina crowd stays home!  ;)
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
uuummmmm wow..just wow

Gunner OIF IV-VI

Be that as it may as a Marine we all know we arent supposed to wear our Utilities in public,the way I see it is whether you are currently  under contract or out if you wear the uniform the nametape should be removed,my personal opinion and Im sure others would agree. I think it looks like shit and reflects poorly on us when someone wheres it in public. I know whats on my DD214 and I stood on the footprints just like you,and I called it how I saw it...whatever, Im done.

Well said.

Link Posted: 3/24/2010 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If he'd worn that thing to a damn gay pride event you'd be howling holy hell for it to be forcibly removed and then he gets a beatdown. Also aren't you specifically told to REMOVE nametapes and Branch tapes before you dispose of them/sell them? Last time I checked the Opsec deal in regards to uniform disposal that's what it said. Over in the sandbox we even had to cut up our old boots before we garbaged them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Alot of you guys should just calm down. The whole point, was there was a contest for the best dressed Zombie Killer, so everone pretty much just put on everything they had to try and win the contest. It wasn't like we were all trying to be hard core or anything, it was all done for the fun of it. It had nothing to do with Airsoft
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#25]
"Pre-Registration has it's privelages."

Interesting choice of spelling...I know, I know, picky but they should have caught this.
Link Posted: 3/26/2010 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Where's the T-Shirts this year??
Link Posted: 3/26/2010 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
uuummmmm wow..just wow

Gunner OIF IV-VI

Technically certain uniform regs still apply to veterans who want to wear uniforms in public even after EAS/ETS.  But the regulations basically only consist of not being allowed to wear said uniform/name tapes at political rallies and some other things.  However, I agree with you.  This isn't some political rally it's a damn theme party with guns.  There's nothing in the regs(at least for the Army, I don't know about the USMC) that says he can't wear name tapes there, and I don't have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2010 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#28]
How do we even know if he was in the marines everyone is assuming maybe he bought it with the name on it and didn't feel like removing it or didn't know that SOME would find it offensive still I wish they would have one somewhere close to MA probably couldn't do it in MA if it is fun and has to do with weapons then someone here will try to stop it ..
Link Posted: 3/29/2010 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#29]
One of these years I want to go to this match.  I remember the first year where it was just a simple 3 stage local match, and look at it now!  By the time I get there, it's going to be a week long event, with 1,000 shooters, a $600 entry fee, and hotels booked a year in advance.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I can't wait. I think I may use all my tickets on this stage.

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#32]
for the record, I'm the one with the 2 swords on his back (last years shoot)...I'm a martial artist/gym owner/head instructor and I compete with those swords, also used to be with Wackenhut Nuclear Security in NJ and also wore the patch for that....I didn't go this year, cuz I wanted to see if things got ironed out better than last year, it was a blast, but wayyyyyy too long of lines.
I did just see that they are making everyone unload and CASE the handguns unless they are on a shooting stage, so what happened that the flags are not enough?

All and all it does seem like a few people here are wound pretty tight, this was just an excuse to relax, be with friends, and show off some hardware, a good imagination didn't hurt.  No real competition existed and hundreds of decent gun loving folks showed up.  We're all on the same side here right?  I know for some of you hard core folks this looks like a star trek convention gone wrong but there are some really great people with some really great stories who had a ton of fun, and that's....OK (sorry couldn't resist)
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I for one, would love to participate in such an event.  I am active duty military and the harsh reality is, I get more trigger time off duty than on.  This seems like a great time and if I weren't spending all of my leave/money to see my wife twice a year and making it home to see the family on the holidays, I would be there in a heart beat.  However, some of you sound like a group of High school seniors making fun of a school sponsored dance event.  Stop criticising and hate in silence.  As far as the guy with the swords....the man is in character!  So what if the former marine wore his  MCCUU's.  I don't know, just seems like nonsense to me.  I thought you had to be an "Adult" to purchase a firearm anyway.  Seems like there are too many armed children that have access to the internet these days.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Looks like a real hoot! Will have to give this one some serious consideration. Hopefully it doesn't coincide with the groundhog and egg shoot in Hickory, NC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top