Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 3/1/2015 10:49:31 PM EDT
Idea grew out of a discussion with my father in law-he lives on a farm and gets deer in his yard all  the time. We were sitting around drinking beer one night and he mentioned how many deer he gets, and being drunk I said shoot them. Then I started thinking and realized I've never seen a law saying one thing or another about it. Sure it's illegal to shoot from a car, but a house?

All other things being legal(outside city limits, occupant/owner permission ort occupant/owner yourself), what does the law say about shooting a deer(or other game) from your house? Looking at it one way, the house could be seen as a really big blind. Another way, it's unethical and gives an unfair advantage with deer that see the house every day. I've googled things like this a few times, and found people who got popped for other deer hunting violations, but never seen anything about this. I can't be the only person who's made a comment like that and started wondering.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Was asked at a hunter safety class I was at the DNR officer said legal long as you have your orange on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was asked at a hunter safety class I was at the DNR officer said legal long as you have your orange on.
View Quote

Now that's hilarious but makes sense-it does say ALL firearm deer hunters have to wear orange.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Now that's hilarious but makes sense-it does say ALL firearm deer hunters have to wear orange.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the head dog where i work was telling me about how he shot a doe out his kitchen window the look on his face when I said "Did you have your orange on? If not that was illegal " priceless
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm seeing a new market for blaze-orange underwear, socks, and t-shirts.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Does it count as wearing orange if wearing underwear with an orange can koozie in my hand? Because I have one that says "I like to pee outside" on it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd just paint the house, can never be to safe.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have shot fourteen deer from my sons bedroom window. Eight have been nice enough to stand in front of my shooting range backstop. There is a reason I have an orange robe...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I did shoot a cat from my reloading room last weekend. but whats the difference from a house to a texas treestand?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I did shoot a cat from my reloading room last weekend. but whats the difference from a house to a texas treestand?
View Quote

I personally think there should be a bounty on em but better be carefull you'll bring the arfcom cat lovers down on ya
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea I shoot every ditch tigger or lawn lion I can. I'm Wyoming years ago the paid $.25-$.50 cents per cat and the wild bird population bounced back pretty fast.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top