Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I finally got back into the shop to do some more work.  I finished threading the barrel for the muzzle brake and I am working on the new barrel to magazine tube connector.  Next week I may get to the magazine tube and I think I am going to make a side folding or extended cocking handle off the left side, as I am right handed. Here is a pic of what is finished so far.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It's beautiful.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I got some more work done today.  The barrel mount went fine, I ended up silver brazing the whole thing including the brake...80 k hi force silver braze at 1125 F should hold...if not I have a buddy with a tig welder.  I tempered the whole barrel at 500 deg. for an hour after it cooled form the brazing operation just for good measure.  I tried to figure out how to re-thread the magazine tube while still on the gun.  I came up with a weird set up which would have worked but I cut the threads on the reverse side so I  thought I had to change feed direction. I got great square threads but left hand so the nut didn't fit, another "oh crap" moment LOL.  I have a plan B and C to get the magazine nut back where it needs to go but that's another day.  BTW  I was told square threads are the hardest to do, now I know why.  Next time I will make a support tube to go into the magazine tube so I can crank the chuck down without fear of crushing the magazine tube.  My set up slipped just as I was doing the final pass but I was quick on the "stop" button so no real damage done. Anyway, here are some pics:

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks better than the one on predator. Nice work Bro, GROG
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude so bad ass!
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I got into the shop today and got some more work done.  Next I will finish the locking/set bar and then the charging handle.  I was thinking folding.

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I got out to the range to test it out, man what a beast!  The only weak point I can see is the aluminum scope mount.  There is a little flex at the bolt/pin locations but the three stainless steel cap screws I used to mount it to the M203 base hold rock solid.  Once i finish up the charging handle I will paint it up and take some glamour shots and I can check another one off the bucket list.  If I find a good supplier of steel base rail, I think I will  change to a direct mount from in stead of the saddle scope mount, just for strength.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I got out to the range to test it out, man what a beast!  The only weak point I can see is the aluminum scope mount.  There is a little flex at the bolt/pin locations but the three stainless steel cap screws I used to mount it to the M203 base hold rock solid.  Once i finish up the charging handle I will paint it up and take some glamour shots and I can check another one off the bucket list.  If I find a good supplier of steel base rail, I think I will  change to a direct mount from in stead of the saddle scope mount, just for strength.
View Quote

Sweet!  However, your post lacks iPotato video.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
It has been a while since my last post, lots of stuff going on at work and home, but I thought you all deserved a look at the finished product. It sits a bit lower than a factory Masterkey but will bust 2x6's with no problem.  I will try and get a video of some door breaching the next time I am out at the training range.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  It has been a while since my last post, lots of stuff going on at work and home, but I thought you all deserved a look at the finished product. It sits a bit lower than a factory Masterkey but will bust 2x6's with no problem.  I will try and get a video of some door breaching the next time I am out at the training range.

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab177/rncbinc/IMG_0143_zpso5hzrozv.jpg

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab177/rncbinc/IMG_0144_zpsldkh2opo.jpg
View Quote

Clays, man!  We want to see you bust clays!  
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks Beautiful. Great job.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome thread.

I want to make a m203 that is a 10ga muzzle loading black powder shotgun

That way I can kill squirrels with the m16a1 clone and .22lr conversion at the same time I blast deer during primitive arms season lol.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, if you are serious about your build shoot me a PM, I still have 1 full parts kit and receiver billet left over from my projects.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top