Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2015 10:15:53 PM EDT
So Im in the process of selling a gun and acquiring a Dan Wesson revolver. How many of you conceal carry full size (3in+) wheel guns? Anyone got picks of their rigs?

Also, Im big on carrying either a 1911 with 2-3 spare mags or a CZ75B and several mags. I know wheel guns aren't made for capacity, but how many speed loaders do you carry? How do you carry them? Pics?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll see if I can dig up pics of a lobo gun leather OWB holster I have for my 4" GP100. It's a great holster but to be honest I usually use it hunting and it could be considered open or concealed carry depending on how many layers I have on. I just put a speed strip in my strong hand pocket.

CCW with a full size wheel gun is a tough proposition for me but I know others do it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll occasionally wear my 4" GP100 OWB under a heavy shirt or jacket. I keep one HKS speedloader in my front right pocket.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry a 4" S&W 29 in a Simply Rugged Sourdough. With my shirt tail out it conceals reasonably well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Occasionally, my old model 58 goes on an outing with me, riding in an old Roy Baker pancake holster.

2 HKS speedloaders ride in a generic black nylon pouch.

I consider that old school, without being ancient.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
My go-to rig for either a K-frame or N-frame is the Kramer Leather MSP. It rides high on the belt line and tucks tight to the body. The lead time for delivery is worth the wait.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I carried a 4" GP100 off duty for a couple years.  We weren't required to go concealed but they preferred it wasn't obvious.  I used a holster similar to a pancake but not as big.  I'd carry at least one speedloader, preferably two although they are a pain to stow.  I may get another holster someday for carrying my Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So Im in the process of selling a gun and acquiring a Dan Wesson revolver. How many of you conceal carry full size (3in+) wheel guns? Anyone got picks of their rigs?

Also, Im big on carrying either a 1911 with 2-3 spare mags or a CZ75B and several mags. I know wheel guns aren't made for capacity, but how many speed loaders do you carry? How do you carry them? Pics?
View Quote

My CCW rotation is this:

Colt Delta Elite stainless 10mm + 2 mags

CZ 75 B .40 S&W + 2 mags

S & W 29-2 .44 Mag 4" bbl (it's the bottom one in my avatar, left) + 2 speedloaders

Charter Arms .44 Spl Bulldog stainless (it's the only one I consider not full-size, even tho its a 3") + 2 speedloaders

I'm a big boy (at least in the middle! ) so I have no trouble with hiding them under a Hawaiian shirt. And this is all in OWB holsters, too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top