Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2014 4:53:58 PM EDT
I am in the process of building a AR pistol. However, my Rainier arms slab side upper will not fit on my Spikes Tactical lower. The upper looks like it lines up fine but I can NOT get the pins in. I have even tried taping it with plastic ended hammer. I have another Spikes rifle that I swapped the stripped upper on and it works fine. It is REALLY tight though. I believe its just a tolerance stacking issue. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? I would really like to move my uppers between all of my Pistols / Rifles / future SBR.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post some pictures?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Nevermind... I'm a idiot. I had the buffer tube too tight against the buffer detent. I took the stock off and put it back on. It fits great now!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:40:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nevermind... I'm a idiot. I had the buffer tube too tight against the buffer detent. I took the stock off and put it back on. It fits great now!
View Quote

I was just going to mention that before I read this,  at least it was an easy fix!

Better post some finish pics for good measure
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Glad to hear it was a simple issue.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad that you figured it out, before I read your update I was going to post that I have had two spikes lowers that would not fit majority of my uppers. I've also had quite a few that accepted anything on the market.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top