Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2014 10:36:30 AM EDT
I have a bushmaster 14.5 inch carbine  with A1 fixed carry handle,The FSB has a crown embossed  on it.   So now I want to build a new upper for it.I have ordered a new 16 inch heavy barrel from Windham weaponry which  also has crown embossed on the FSB . Also ordered a BCM flattop receiver which I'm going to install the new barrel on. And now here comes real question I have just bought a stand alone Troy battle site  ( which is made to use with a standard FSB )to put on my BMC flattop receiver .  I believe I'm going to have to install a taller front site post  in the  FSB.  CAN anyone advise me what the differences between  the standard front FSB  and  the F marked  and the Crown embossed  one ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
"F" marked FSB is .040" taller. Any other markings are forge marks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine only has the crown  embossed the left side of the FSB.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the board OP  The crown is just a forge mark which indicates who makes the forging for the FSB.  The old Bushmaster used to have the same forge mark on their FSB and I guess WW uses the same folks.  If your FSB is NOT stamped with an F on the left side, then it's just a standard FSB which was designed to be used with carry handle upper receivers.  You can use the barrel with standard FSB on a flat-top upper receiver, but you'll need to get a taller FS post in order to sight it in properly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Ha ha I knew there was something to it, thank you
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top