Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 5:10:35 PM EDT
So for my second auxiliary lift on bench day for 5/3/1, I elected to do Kroc rows. All I can say is damn. Those things make your whole upper body throb. They are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome cardio. Just watch volume and frequency. Don't want to end up with tendinitis.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Cardio?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, never heard of Kroc Rows.  I'll try them next back day
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool, never heard of Kroc Rows.  I'll try them next back day https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YJGeMkQWCsk
View Quote

Fuck they rock. I can't wait to feel what putting on a tee shirt is like in the morning
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cardio?
View Quote

I was up to 125x40 each arm.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cardio?

Why'd you stop?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why'd you stop?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cardio?

Why'd you stop?

Tendinitis. . Hence the above warning.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I read the article on kroc's back workout routine.  Wish I had the time to do all of that.  Maybe after I get my ass whooped at my competition in April, I can go full meathead again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I do them every now and then, I really ought to do them consistently for a few months and see what happens.  Ill bet the results would be good.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cardio?

Why'd you stop?

Same issue here. It's a serious bitch.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cardio?

125lbx40 rep dumbell rows? Shit, I generally think I'm strong but can't touch that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to love those but they ended up being murder on my shoulder. I used to work up to 155 lbs for 12-16 reps or so. I had a really strong back at the time and was doing a lot of heavy forced reps on barbell curls/rows also which really brought my overall strength level up significantly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Never knew they were called "Kroc Rows". I always called them dumb-bell rows. Guess I don't even lift.

Edit: That guy puts a workout vid online and names something people have been doing forever after himself? Yeah, he invented that move.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Never knew they were called "Kroc Rows". I always called them dumb-bell rows. Guess I don't even lift.

Edit: That guy puts a workout vid online and names something people have been doing forever after himself? Yeah, he invented that move.
View Quote

It's more the rep range that is his "own". And I think someone else named it after him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's more the rep range that is his "own". And I think someone else named it after him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We got a live one...
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys should try TheDevilYouLoveSquats.  It's like squats but for high reps

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cardio?

Why'd you stop?

The tendinitis kicks my ass with Kroc rows as well.  I really have to pay attention to volume and frequency.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I did his back workout in the video today, felt great.  The T bar was being used so I substiuted a superset of Hammer Strength Mid Rows and low cable rows instead.  Also, for the last 25 pull ups I did narrow neutral grip side to side pull ups.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You missed a crucial point...you don't get to name it after yourself.  It's not crossfit.    
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm. Rep range. An arbitrary number. OK, everyone, I do 58.5 reps of 20# and we'll call them PKT-rows. I need a youtube page and a gymbro.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hmm. Rep range. An arbitrary number. OK, everyone, I do 58.5 reps of 20# and we'll call them PKT-rows. I need a youtube page and a gymbro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is you are not a huge well known pro powerlifter that contributes that lift to your grip strength, you are another random dude bitching on the internet.

I also believe someone else called them that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You missed a crucial point...you don't get to name it after yourself.  It's not crossfit.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like Hank Squats.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#23]
How did you guys overcome your tendonitis?

I'm going to start working out again soon and am very concerned about a relapse - especially, in my forearms. It gets really bad, quick.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How did you guys overcome your tendonitis?

I'm going to start working out again soon and am very concerned about a relapse - especially, in my forearms. It gets really bad, quick.

Thanks!
View Quote

Jump in Modern Service Weapons. Tim Lau just did a 3 part series on elbow tendinitis.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Jump in Modern Service Weapons. Tim Lau just did a 3 part series on elbow tendinitis.
View Quote

Got a link to that Hizzie?

Nevermind:  I found it myself.  Thanks for the reference to it.  Much needed here!
Top Top