Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2013 9:57:17 PM EDT
looking for free standing IDPA style for handgun courses.

Mobility is essential since they will be transported for each training and cannot be left on location.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
MGM Targets

Partly because they are a local biz. I use their target stands, use a couple 1x2's to hold up the cardboard targets. I have a steel plate target too. Shot it so much that I bent it slightly and it needs a little work. More like bowed it, should be able to get back to service though. I shot it a TON. I would get the 1/2 size next time. Lighter and will take fewer hits. Cheaper too.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 4:46:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I like Action Target Evil Roy portable targets.

And I just got a plate and 2x4 top mounting bracket from Nevco Targets.

They are about the same price when you factor in base, bracket, and plate from Nevco which are all sold separately.

The Action Target is a higher quality product but both are good.

I do love the Nevco Standard IDPA/IPSC Target Stand
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Tacstrikes nuff said.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:14:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up five 2/3 scale IDPA steel targets from MagnumTargets.com. They are 3/8" AR500 with predrilled 1/2" holes in the corners and one square hole punched center of the "neck" for 1/2" carriage bolt.

My stands are: 5 gal bucket with 60lb sac-crete and a 4" piece of PVC. Target is bolted to a 5' 2x4, which slips in the 4" PVC. The 4" PVC and 2x4 (actually 3 1/2"), lets the target angle slightly forward, to aid in deflection. I shoot "middle of the road" LSWC reloads in .45ACP. At 12yrds, 8 rounds rapid fire doesn't even wiggle the target...so no worries about knocking the bucket over.

I would say, for full power large cal's, I would not bolt the target solid. Hanging would allow for a slight swing and allow for better energy absorption. This would prevent the steel from denting or warping from constant center shots.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:31:44 AM EDT
[#5]
GT Targets

Been very happy with mine. The flat faced design allows for close shooting without spalling coming back at you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I've put some serious lead on Salute steel.  I bought a 1/2" with stand from them, and it's been awesome.  

Force
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top