Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2011 5:25:03 AM EDT
Just watched adaptive carbine. In short totally kicks ass. Anyway I've seen all the magpul ones and several others. Production value is great nice camera work. Really not trying to sound cheesy but it really motivated me and my buddies and gave us a ton of great new ideas for training. THE ONLY THING I will say and I really think it's funny more than anything is when he says something like I'm gonna do this three different ways and let you decide what is better HA it's like here's three reloads

1st. Ok ya could work but not efficient, won't work with every gun, pretty much doctrinal trash, how they teach in the MIL

2nd. well this is how I would reload (if I was gay,) looking at my feet bad idea for obvious reasons, not great, common range mistake, makes you look like a retard ect.

3rd. in my workspace eyes are up I can do it faster works with everything from a muzzle loader to a machine gun ect.

That is a HUGE exaggeration and it only happens like once or twice. I do like how he shows more than one way but he makes it clear which he supports. Which is fine because he's usually right. Really honestly a great DVD in every respect also the one percent, combat mindset, mental lecture part is extensive and very good. Not like you hear alot were they just say a bunch of non informative things like "a combat mindset is what allows you to prevail in combat" maybe it's just a different approach but I feel like it breaks it down into the real components. It is pretty original and a great suppliment to other dvds that being said it skipped over some of the things that a complete beginner to shooting and the AR might want to know. But I imagine if your a member of a forum like this it will fit in the niche perfectly
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review!

I'm a big fan of Travis, and loved him and Chris in the Magpul DVDs.

Will have to pick this one up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I am very interested in reviews as I need to pick a DVD series to try.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of pants was he wearing?

j/k

Sounds good. I need to score it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this like a rehashed "Art of the Carbine", or is there some new material?
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
There is alot of new material in the video. Some of the things that stand out to me is for instance in the first magpul videos they talked about zero but for most of us zero isn't an issue. What he does talk about in this video is the effects of several different zeros at different ranges. Something I've always wanted to do but didn't have the time or resources to do. He has various silhouette targets set up that have been shot from say 25,50,100,200,300 M zeros. and all have been shot from distances from 25 out to 400 or so they are side by side so it's very easy to process and quickly decide whats best for you this was an extremely valuable aspect of the video. He talks about alot of other things as well there is alot more talk about the psychological standpoint of it but it's good well informed things not nonsense. It is very different than previous videos since there aren't students it's just him. Just like anything else I suppose you take some and leave some but that's any training or perspective. What is great about it is he is a very well spoken competent teacher and that's a big thing it really is a bad teacher putting out good information is such a waste. Nothing is perfect and certain things are left out but it is EASILY ONE OF THE BEST VIDEOS/TRAINING RESOURCES OUT THERE
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
EASILY ONE OF THE BEST VIDEOS/TRAINING RESOURCES OUT THERE

Aside from the MD products, what other training videos have you watched?
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I've seen the magpul ones most of the thunder ranch ones. Some of the competition shooters vids (brian enos I think) some gunsite ones. haven't seen any of hte viking tactics ones but I did like the books quite a bit green eyes and black rifles is a must have. Can't remember all of them. One the subject of thunder ranch from what I remember there isn;'t alot in the way of specific technique if I remember not that it isn't good clint tlaks alot about prinicples so to speak and things like that could be veiwed as a little vague for a video I suppose I respect his opinion quite a bit and there are quite a few pearls of wisdom in there some of hte stuff is a little over the top I guess and as far as what I was "looking for" it was a little different. To me the first magpuls had alot of technique type of stuff and that was good broken down well into individual movements some good ideas some not so much for instance I think single point slings are shit and I would never mount two flashlights on my weapon. mag on the ground is a good Idea if you don't wear body armor and a slew of magazines can't get that low. but that's just some of my opinions and there is ALOT more good info than bad in all of them that I have seen.  I would call it a perfect suppliment or addition it won't be the last dvd you buy but it's well worth the cost and more for sure lot's about training and like I said well spoken confident set's a good example as far as a trainer in how he presents himself. That's a big thing to me and more important than people give it credit for.
Sorry about the poor gramar total lack of punctuation and horrible spelling in a pretty nig hurry
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I started watching it last night.  Got through the review of different zeros.  Outstanding!  Your BZO is a critical component to bullet placement throughout the effective range of the rifle.  I went to a carbine course in December, well-taught mind you, that only briefly touched on this and the end message was 'use a 100 yard zero for civilian & LEO purposes'.  Travis spends a huge amount of time talking about zeroing your weapon, why and how you do it to get the results you're looking for.  I was very impressed and can't wait to watch the rest.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is this like a rehashed "Art of the Carbine", or is there some new material?

OK since you said it's not a rehash, then should we assume it builds off of the magpul DVDs/his time there? Sounds like to get his full deal.. you would watch the magpul discs, then this one?

Link Posted: 4/13/2012 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#11]

I would echo the previous statment that this one is more "practical". I'd say it would be a good primer for the Magpul DVDs (i.e. Watch this first).

I've got all three of Travis' Panteao DVDs now (Carbine, Handgun and Kalash) and they are all excellent. If I was going to recommend one and only one training DVD to a novice shooter friend, it would be one of these.

As a side note: I also have the Bill Jeans Shotgun Operator DVD and the Dean Caputo 1911 and AR15 Armorer DVDs. They are also top-notch. I've been impressed by Panteao in general as it seems that they search out the top people for each subject that they cover. I've got quite a few more of their disks on my "Want List".

Link Posted: 5/21/2012 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just watched adaptive carbine. In short totally kicks ass. Anyway I've seen all the magpul ones and several others. Production value is great nice camera work. Really not trying to sound cheesy but it really motivated me and my buddies and gave us a ton of great new ideas for training. THE ONLY THING I will say and I really think it's funny more than anything is when he says something like I'm gonna do this three different ways and let you decide what is better HA it's like here's three reloads

1st. Ok ya could work but not efficient, won't work with every gun, pretty much doctrinal trash, how they teach in the MIL

2nd. well this is how I would reload (if I was gay,) looking at my feet bad idea for obvious reasons, not great, common range mistake, makes you look like a retard ect.

3rd. in my workspace eyes are up I can do it faster works with everything from a muzzle loader to a machine gun ect.

That is a HUGE exaggeration and it only happens like once or twice. I do like how he shows more than one way but he makes it clear which he supports. Which is fine because he's usually right. Really honestly a great DVD in every respect also the one percent, combat mindset, mental lecture part is extensive and very good. Not like you hear alot were they just say a bunch of non informative things like "a combat mindset is what allows you to prevail in combat" maybe it's just a different approach but I feel like it breaks it down into the real components. It is pretty original and a great suppliment to other dvds that being said it skipped over some of the things that a complete beginner to shooting and the AR might want to know. But I imagine if your a member of a forum like this it will fit in the niche perfectly

I was able to attend Travis' Adaptive Carbine and Handgun course last August and one of the biggest things I was able to take from his class versus the few others I have taken was developing that "combat Mindset".

Things like seeing or envisioning the shot and mental focus were things that weren't discussed in depth and he really emphasized it during the class and it definitely helped me. They were a few others things like how to stablize yourself in the prone position as well as tweaks here and there for the way I was running my handgun that helped me also.

Haven't had a chance to check out his vidoes but, I felt this was relevant to the topic at hand..
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#13]
This DVD was included in my package from Bravo Co when I ordered the upper for my first AR build. I have had a decent amount of handgun training, but had never learned about the AR. I wasn't even sure how to lock the action open when I started the build. I'm saving for a class, but it's not in the budget yet, so this DVD really helped me avoid building some bad habits in the mean time. Wonderful resource for a novice AR shooter. Obviously there is no substitute for live fire training from a competent instructor, but practicing sound techniques alone is far better than practicing poorly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I have to say Panteo will film anything get a 7 year old to to their post production and package it up and put it out on DVD, nothing against the instructors who have Panteo DVD's but Panteo themselves blows. Randori had a much better product with the Art of series, then paneo came in and saturated the market with lower quality stuff.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#15]

ATACORION – We appreciate your
support of our Make Ready training series. Actually our editor is 8 years old.
The 7 year old is our media manager. But that’s okay, they are twins and the
confusion is expected. I didn’t know we saturated the market already. Thank you
for the heads up. And to think – we were going to ask you if you wanted to do a
video with us. It was going to be called Make Ready with ATACORION: Critical
Thinking.

To everyone else – I am happy you
like the videos we have produced. Thank you.

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ATACORION – We appreciate yoursupport of our Make Ready training series. Actually our editor is 8 years old.The 7 year old is our media manager. But that’s okay, they are twins and theconfusion is expected. I didn’t know we saturated the market already. Thank youfor the heads up. And to think – we were going to ask you if you wanted to do avideo with us. It was going to be called Make Ready with ATACORION: CriticalThinking.

To everyone else – I am happy youlike the videos we have produced. Thank you.

View Quote

Fancy words. As far as making videos with yall I'd have to pass I have a few shreds left of dignity left. Maybe if I hit rock bottom and cannot find a 9 year old with an iphone to film me I will shoot you an email and see if yall arent busy for an afternoon. If I ever get hard up for some training videos I will buy a BCM upper and receive a 3 pack of your DVD's to use as rear veiw mirror decorations.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Fancy words. As far as making videos with yall I'd have to pass I have a few shreds left of dignity left. Maybe if I hit rock bottom and cannot find a 9 year old with an iphone to film me I will shoot you an email and see if yall arent busy for an afternoon. If I ever get hard up for some training videos I will buy a BCM upper and receive a 3 pack of your DVD's to use as rear veiw mirror decorations.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATACORION – We appreciate yoursupport of our Make Ready training series. Actually our editor is 8 years old.The 7 year old is our media manager. But that’s okay, they are twins and theconfusion is expected. I didn’t know we saturated the market already. Thank youfor the heads up. And to think – we were going to ask you if you wanted to do avideo with us. It was going to be called Make Ready with ATACORION: CriticalThinking.

To everyone else – I am happy youlike the videos we have produced. Thank you.

It's amazing how brave some people are behind a computer screen...
Anyways, I loved the Pat Rogers and Travis Haley dvd's that came with my BCM. Keep up the good work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top