Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2014 5:03:07 PM EDT
Is it good training, or are there errors?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
It's good training but there are things in that video that could be improved.  

Way too much time in the doorway and gun sticking through before he checked the hard corner.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's good training but there are things in that video that could be improved.  

Way too much time in the doorway and gun sticking through before he checked the hard corner.  

View Quote

Agreed, on a whole it was ok and the delays are because he is learning. Leaving your barrel hanging there with a blind corner is just asking to have your weapon taken from you or getting tagged.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a reason we call it the fatal funnel. Pieing rooms slowly and deliberately has been proven to get people killed in reality, other than the offset with maximum standoff used from one approach outside of the room.

Once you break the doorway's aperture from the occupant's field of view, you are a target.  Besides visual cues, audible cues will also often result in rounds coming through the wall at you if the shooter is spooked, or intentionally placing effective fire on you because they know most wall are like paper when bullets are going through them.

There were some impressive firefights fought indoors in Chechnya that way with PKM's.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm used to having a team and never trained for solo room clearing but you need to move fast and can't stay in the fatal funnel. Clear your room taking the path of least resistence and clearing dead space then move on until all threats are eliminated. Also violence of action he has none.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
As a one man team, is there another solution than slicing the pie and going slow?

You don't have the coverage to run in or move fast, if they are set in ambush you will be an even easier target right?

Once the fist shot is fired and all element of surprise is gone, it's time to get out!  
You are not doing one man hostage rescue, likely just clearing a building that you want to hole up in.

If not, then WHY are you clearing the building alone?

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As a one man team, is there another solution than slicing the pie and going slow?

You don't have the coverage to run in or move fast, if they are set in ambush you will be an even easier target right?

Once the fist shot is fired and all element of surprise is gone, it's time to get out!  
You are not doing one man hostage rescue, likely just clearing a building that you want to hole up in.

If not, then WHY are you clearing the building alone?

View Quote
For the sake of discussion, you are the only available person to clear the structure.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I get that there is a time when you have to clear a building alone, but if you are alone there is there a better way than slow and silent?

I don't think so.

He's going to way too fast.

Alone, stealth is all you have.  Once the bullets start flying, you better end it quick (if you just bump into them in open) or get out if they are setup for ambush.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:19:58 AM EDT
[#9]
To add what an actual scenario like this might be where you have to clear a building by yourself
My dad (20 yrs military) is a police officer in my home town (small farm town, with 1 officer on duty per shift) and the SOPs they have for an active shooter at the school, he cant wait for backup
He must make entry to neutralize the shooter before casualties amass
He can only hope that he has the time to grab his PC and/or AR-15 from home (we literally live like 3 blocks away)
He may also get lucky and the chief will be in at work, or a sheriff will be near, or theres a park ranger across the street (county park across the street from school)
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:44:20 AM EDT
[#10]
To be honest without acting snooty.....that guy is terrible. He is flagging his barrel at every corner and appears to be missing targets. He would have been shot at the first door.

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#11]
opened door from wrong side
barrel in before him
should have backed up and pied it out from about 10 yds
come at it again

moved too fast. missed 1 and I thought 2 bad guys.
what with only 2 shots. maybe not down/dead or put 1 in head  as he goes by.

all I saw on 1 Pass at it

not smooth/good

1texan
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 1:44:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
barrel in before him
should have backed up and pied it out from about 10 yds
come at it again

moved too fast. missed 1 and I thought 2 bad guys.
what with only 2 shots. maybe not down/dead or put 1 in head  as he goes by.

all I saw on 1 Pass at it

not smooth/good

1texan
View Quote

Pieing it out from about 10 yards is not a good alternative in my opinion.

Keyword being windows.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

He did? Looked like he was on the knob side to me
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Good discussion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top