Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 10:47:28 PM EDT
Posted this in the Indiana Hometown forum as well.   Did a search and couldn't find anything on ARFCOM. Considering taking the carbine courses and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or heard anything good or bad. My training has been military so I don't have any experience with the civilian side of training and wondering how they stack up. It's a relatively short drive from home so that's why they've come to mind. Any thoughts?  

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, but I'm interested as well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#2]
subscribing

because I'm really considering coming down from Aurora IL (4hrs dr) to take a day class.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Boone County IN is less than 100 miles from you. Pat Rogers is first class.  EAG Tactical

http://www.eagtactical.com/courseschedule.asp

check the website for the course description.

23-24 July 2014 - Basic Carbine - Boone County IN
Host:            Sheriff Ken Campbell
Admin:         EAG1 - info1@eagtactical
If attending both BCC & COC Tuition is $940

26-28 July 2014 - Carbine Operator - Boone County IN  
Host:            Sheriff Ken Campbell
Admin:         EAG1 - info1@eagtactical
If attending both BCC & COC Tuition is $940

Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not taken training from Cory and Erica at Range Time but I have been in classes with them as students.   They are very competent with their guns and have a casual easy to approach demeanor.   I would not hesitate to go train with them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Good thread I am thinking about making the commute from Bartlett IL.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I took their course last month it was an excellent course it was Sam and Cory that I trained with.  Sam is very knowledgable on the range and keeping everyone safe I made a promise to them that I would take a course from them at least once a year it was that much fun and I learned a lot of new things.  I also took defensive handgun from them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, so I took tactical carbine 1 and 2 back to back.  Never attended a civilian course so didn't know what to expect.  Thought the training was great.  Learned quite a few new things as far as movement, technique, and team tactics.  Different from what I learned in the military and reinforced safety and fundamentals of firearms handling and manipulation.  It was recommended that you take carbine 1 and then return at a later date for carbine 2.  The rationale is that you practice what you learned in 1 and become more proficient in it before attending 2.  It makes sense as two built on what you learned in 1 and would have made the movements and teamwork much smoother.

Hot as balls days 1 through 3 and then pouring down rain on day 4.  Equipment used was a leg rig (Costa) with tacos and a Raven holster.  Ran through about 1,000 rounds of 5.56 for each course (2,000 total).  Not sure how much pistol ammo I went through but if it was 200 rounds combined for both courses combined I'd be surprised.  Tried to use a couple of different chest rigs but quite honestly, it was pretty hot out and the leg rig worked just fine.  Now some of you might say "train the way you fight so suck it up, Nancy."  but, I've been down range a few times wearing a MTV in sweltering heat and I didn't feel the need to do that here   Also, I don't think I'd be running and gunning down my neighborhood in full kit.  Four rifle and a few pistol mags should do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top