Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2013 1:18:58 PM EDT
Anyone ever attended one of their classes?

http://www.asymmetricsolutionsusa.com/civilian/threat-response-cqc-carbine-and-pistol/

Friend and I are thinking about going in the spring but can't find much feedback on them.

Thanks,
Chad
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Headed there Jan 26 for the CQB course.  I'll let you know how it goes
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've met a couple of the guys involved with them.
The ones I met are very well trained and know what they are doing.

I'd like to attend some of their training in the future.

I think you and your friend would have a good time and find it worth your while.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a great place to train.  The instructor core looks solid. Ive traveled farther from Iowa for training so I'll be keeping an eye on these folks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys. I think we will do the course when it gets a bit warmer. If anyone goes let us know how it was.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#5]
It was 70 degrees yesterday...
How much warmer do you need?

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It was 70 degrees yesterday...
How much warmer do you need?

Yea, MO, if you don't like the weather, wait a day!
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Going to their basic carbine course on December 14.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I have attended their:

Precision Rifle Course
Combat Pistol Course
Combat Carbine Level 1 and Level 2
Advanced Urban Combat / Small Unit Tactics Course
Active Shooter Course

....and ALL were excellent...!

Later this month I will be attending a four day Dignitary Protection Course.

Their instructor cadre is the best I have ever trained with.

As a three deployment Vietnam Vet....I highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
My review of their Combat Pistol course my wife and I took in April of this year.

Class my wife and I took was Combat Pistol 1 back in April. We had no idea what to expect. This was done at the Potosi location.

Training was a blast. Instructors were excellent. Lots of insight on why train a certain way or why a drill is ran like this. Great at explaining and demonstrating why run a gun a certain way. Did lots of real world scenario drills. Very little stand is the same spot and shoot, lots of dynamic shooting. Moved a lot from cover to cover, behind a car (BMW X5...) starting in the car. Moving through doorways.

One of my favorite parts is they have a shoot house, they says it’s one of the largest in the country and even has a second level so we got to train how to clear stairs going up them. Which is incredible difficult. Moved as a two man team clearing through the shoot house. All live fire drills. Did practice them dry but eventually got to do everything life fire. We shot a lot less rounds than I was expecting. But I consider the training to be a more efficient use of rounds. You can shoot thousands of rounds all day long, they were more concerned at making you a more combat effective shooter.

Also took their CQB course in August. It was extremely well taught and ran.

With the CQB course don't expect to show up and start kicking in doors, we didn't fire a round till after lunch. So much to go over when shooting CQB with a bunch of guys you've probably never met or shot with. Lots of dry fire runs through the house, even live fire depending on where you ended up in the line dictated whether you would get to shoot or not. I think I shot less than 50 rounds. I have a review started but haven't gotten around to finishing it yet.

EDIT: Got the video to embed...
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have attended their:

Precision Rifle Course
Combat Pistol Course
Combat Carbine Level 1 and Level 2
Advanced Urban Combat / Small Unit Tactics Course
Active Shooter Course

....and ALL were excellent...!

Later this month I will be attending a four day Dignitary Protection Course.

Their instructor cadre is the best I have ever trained with.

As a three deployment Vietnam Vet....I highly recommend them.
View Quote

I suspect you and I have a mutual friend.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Btw if you want to get to know one of the head trainers down there just watch "ultimate survival Alaska" this Sunday on natgeo. Not gonna say who he is but he's on the military team. Plus he used my .44 mag for bear protection while on the show.

I'm taking there precision rifle course as soon as the weather gets nicer.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been considering attending this school being a MO resident.  

Curious about the cadre ... It's a long list. Can't imagine they are all local. Do the fly in to teach? That was one of the "critiques" of a fellow match shooter who went to a precision rifle course. The scheduled instructor was replaced last minute due to a real world requirement and had to bug out the day of the course which left everyone scrambling. It all worked out.

Let's keep the AAR's going ...

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#14]
We have a group of 6 of us who are planning on attending the Carbine 1 class early this spring. I am looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Eager for more intel on this outfit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I took their dignitary protection PSD course back in December, it was an excellent class. They had some tremendous technical difficulties due to their main building burning down a couple days before and absolute shit weather, but still did a solid job adjusting on the fly and putting on a solid class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top