Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/22/2010 3:03:35 PM EDT
shot to shot when the bolt locks back on an empty mag? 3 seconds for me. I dont have a timer but have been measuring it on video.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 3:05:19 PM EDT
Its a muscle memory thing. Three seconds is pretty decent. I am sure that you could see youtube videos of people doing it in far faster times, but who cares. I would be happy with that if the last shot of the first mag and the first shot of the second mag both hit their target. I think you are G2G.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 3:56:54 PM EDT
I dunno? I'd imagine I am somewhere between light speed and molasses. I am definitely faster than some but slower than others.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 3:59:42 PM EDT
quicker than it is with an AK
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 4:06:25 PM EDT
Prolly 2-3 seconds. Depends on what nylon I'm running, etc.
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 7:43:25 AM EDT
depends if i am using my rifle with a redi mag, and a bad lever, or a stock rifle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 11:41:44 AM EDT
Depends on if it happens naturally, or if one prepares to do it. BIg difference in times I would surmise.
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 7:52:50 AM EDT
Where is the fresh magazine coming from? I think that has a lot to do with it.

Sticking out of the pocket of one's 5.11's - fast, but totally unrealistic.

Redi-mag - or dual mag clamp - mighty fast, realistic if you run this way but it only works once.

On the belt in kydex - pretty fast - a little more toward realistic.

Inside a closed LBE pouch with the retention affixed - not so fast, but pretty damn realistic.

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 1:55:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fargo007:
Where is the fresh magazine coming from? I think that has a lot to do with it.

Sticking out of the pocket of one's 5.11's - fast, but totally unrealistic.

Redi-mag - or dual mag clamp - mighty fast, realistic if you run this way but it only works once.

On the belt in kydex - pretty fast - a little more toward realistic.

Inside a closed LBE pouch with the retention affixed - not so fast, but pretty damn realistic.

––Fargo007

I feed a kydex belt pouch by talon tactical from a chest rig.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 5:20:00 AM EDT
LOL - Me too.

2 kydex on the belt, one in the gun with 6 more in the LBV.

The kydex is probably the best of both worlds especially if you are accustomed to loading pistol mags from the belt. I would like to find a couple that work for AK74 magazines as well, or can carry the AR mags equally well in either rounds front or rounds rear.

––Fargo007

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 9:16:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fargo007:
LOL - Me too.

2 kydex on the belt, one in the gun with 6 more in the LBV.

The kydex is probably the best of both worlds especially if you are accustomed to loading pistol mags from the belt. I would like to find a couple that work for AK74 magazines as well, or can carry the AR mags equally well in either rounds front or rounds rear.

––Fargo007

talon tactical is semi-custom. i have ak mag pouches from him. give him a try
Top Top