Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2010 3:03:35 PM EDT
shot to shot when the bolt locks back on an empty mag?  3 seconds for me.  I dont have a timer but have been measuring it on video.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a muscle memory thing.  Three seconds is pretty decent.  I am sure that you could see youtube videos of people doing it in far faster times, but who cares. I would be happy with that if the last shot of the first mag and the first shot of the second mag both hit their target.  I think you are G2G.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno?  I'd imagine I am somewhere between light speed and molasses.  I am definitely faster than some but slower than others.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
quicker than it is with an AK
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Prolly 2-3 seconds. Depends on what nylon I'm running, etc.
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#5]
depends if i am using my rifle with a redi mag, and a bad lever, or a stock rifle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Depends on if it happens naturally, or if one prepares to do it.  BIg difference in times I would surmise.
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Where is the fresh magazine coming from?   I think that has a lot to do with it.  

Sticking out of the pocket of one's 5.11's - fast, but totally unrealistic.

Redi-mag - or dual mag clamp - mighty fast, realistic if you run this way but it only works once.  

On the belt in kydex - pretty fast - a little more toward realistic.  

Inside a closed LBE pouch with the retention affixed - not so fast, but pretty damn realistic.  

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where is the fresh magazine coming from?   I think that has a lot to do with it.  

Sticking out of the pocket of one's 5.11's - fast, but totally unrealistic.

Redi-mag - or dual mag clamp - mighty fast, realistic if you run this way but it only works once.  

On the belt in kydex - pretty fast - a little more toward realistic.  

Inside a closed LBE pouch with the retention affixed - not so fast, but pretty damn realistic.  

––Fargo007

I feed a kydex belt pouch by talon tactical from a chest rig.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 5:20:00 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL - Me too.

2 kydex on the belt, one in the gun with 6 more in the LBV.  

The kydex is probably the best of both worlds especially if you are accustomed to loading pistol mags from the belt.   I would like to find a couple that work for AK74 magazines as well, or can carry the AR mags equally well in either rounds front or rounds rear.

––Fargo007

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
LOL - Me too.

2 kydex on the belt, one in the gun with 6 more in the LBV.  

The kydex is probably the best of both worlds especially if you are accustomed to loading pistol mags from the belt.   I would like to find a couple that work for AK74 magazines as well, or can carry the AR mags equally well in either rounds front or rounds rear.

––Fargo007

talon tactical is semi-custom.  i have ak mag pouches from him.  give him a try
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top