Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2015 10:49:46 PM EDT
I've seen a few laser training systems for at-home use that seem to be a little more sophisticated than just dry-firing with Lasergrips. Does anyone have one of these systems? If so, how do you like it? Any feedback, reccomendations or advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Since you haven't received any feedback I can give you an impression. I played with a couple of these are previous shows and was reasonably impressed with the SIRT pistol in combination with the video recording software they had. I don't remember the specifics of the software, but it just looked at the images from a webcam and recorded the laser flashes as hits. It even analyzed the movement of the laser during the flash and would offer tips on grip and trigger manipulation issues. This seemed like an awesome training/practice tool.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a older thread, but here's the little I've learned.

Training wth laser grips or guide rods  can do a lot to help you with trigger control/grip/stqance but it'll require a fair bit of focus to get that from it.  This is because they are either always on, or have a seperate activation method that is outside of the trigger mechanism.  In the case of always on types it'll allow you to select a point and help you see how alterations in stance/grip/trigger control etc effect the ability to hold on that specific point.  since there is no change with trigger activation/release you can only surmise/estimate where the "shot" would have landed.  It also partly depends on where your focus is, and what your going to train you focus to be.  Front sight vs laser on target?  Gotta choose, or possibly start training bad habits.

I picked up a NLT training pistol.  My particular version has the dual laser, in red/green.  The red is activated by trigger press, then the green flashes when the trigger breaks.  This allows the benefit fo tracking the red through trigger movement but also a momentary flash of the brighter green laser to identify whee the shot actually landed.  Even with a good front sight focus I can easily spot the green laser out to 20-30feet indoors (that's as far as I've been able to train)  Unfortunately the green does not work with any available trainer targets based on my research.  There is a way to swap it out so that red is the momentary on, but I haven't done this yet.  Partly is because I don't feel the need.  I can ID the green flash well enough, and I'm not really looking to drop another bunch of money on the comercially available laser targets (yet).   The 2 lasers colors and momentary activation permits better training I think, especially with draw and fire drills as you can visualize trigger activation vs where the shot would fall.  

I have no interest in the NLT system, but it seems the most refined out there at this point.  Also only available in a glock 17ish style frame at this point, FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been playing with this, and so far, it's pretty great (especially considering it's free).

https://youtu.be/0CCFZWU06hA

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top