Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2014 10:24:24 PM EDT
I have a friend that is planning to purchase a handgun soon for personal defense and needs to get some training in the Arlington area.  She's ex Army (nurse) so she has shot before but it's been a few years.  Any recommendations? I would but I'm a few hours a way.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I can get her through basic stuff, safety, function, cleaning, etc.  The finer points she needs professional instruction for.  To pass the Texas CHL?  If she qualified w/ the M9, she's good to go for that.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I know 2 females that went through Lonestarprotect.com. out of Cabelas in Fort Worth. They said it was good training, and they enjoyed it. Depending on what part of Arlington she's in, it's about a 30-45 minute drive. I'm not affiliated with them, and I haven't taken any of their classes so this is a third hand recommendation.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Shoot smart just opened a location in Grand Prairie. They specialize in teaching women to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:34:24 AM EDT
[#4]
great information guys, thanks.  I'll pass it on to her.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#5]
In my opinion, the best training in the Metroplex is at VX Marksmanship just west of Denton.  It's a haul from Arlington but worth it.  I make the drive from Mansfield at least once every two weeks.  I think they have the best range around.  I've been to Shoot Smart and am not impressed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#6]
critical defence group in Greenville

MAC is a great instructor, ex Marine HRT trainer...can't say enough good stuff about him and
he is excellent in teaching women from what I have seen

Tell him Chef sent you..

Critical Defense group

CDF  FACEBOOK
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#7]
VX marksmanship. they are in denton at their 'new' facility

ETA: didnt read replies before i did. so i second VX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top