Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2013 12:05:23 PM EDT
Shooting prone is great when your 18 but that was a long time ago. I used some scrap to make a bench and put a hitch and wheels on it to move it around the range. When it's not hooked up to a truck it sits on it's feet. It beats moving it by hand.

http://www.fixedsighttraining.com/Advanced.html

I teach long range shooting on my 500+ yard range just east of Denver. Right now I am mostly helping hunters get dialed in at the ranges they expect to be shooting but varmint and other long range shooters welcome by appt.

You spent good money on your rifles. Make sure they are set up correctly for the range you want to shoot and make sure you are not the weak link in your shooting system.

www.fixedsighttraining.com
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it!  Don't look . . . I'm stealing your idea.  I have a similar problem where I need to move the shooting station to get different ranges.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I would shoot myself in the face with my own rifle if I weren't competent enough to sight it in myself in preparation to go hunting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
How far east are we talking about?
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
I would shoot myself in the face with my own rifle if I weren't competent enough to sight it in myself in preparation to go hunting.
View Quote

I'm constantly amazed at the number of "experienced" shooters who have no idea how to effectively sight in a rifle, let alone understand hold-overs, range estimation, trigger control, and the myraid of other factors that make a good marksman.  Regardless of the shooter's experience level, having an objective observer / coach work with you once in a while can identify and resolve bad habits.  I would love to have a facility near me that had instructors that could reinforce my good and slap me when I do something wrong, and I've been shooting professionally and competitively for about 35 years.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 3:44:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FixedSightTraining] [#5]
View Quote

That's great you were born with that knowledge.  Some of us mere humans need to be taught.

The range is about 15 min east of aurora reservoir near Kiowa Creek Sporting Club.  The range is on private property so if you are interested let me know and we'll discuss schedules and I'll email directions to the range.  I also teach Basic pistol/ CCW as well as advanced pistol classes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
One would think that hunters might want to learn how to shoot a rifle from the field and improvised field positions.

Maybe they can tow a bench with them when they are hunting?
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JC10311:

I'm constantly amazed at the number of "experienced" shooters who have no idea how to effectively sight in a rifle, let alone understand hold-overs, range estimation, trigger control, and the myraid of other factors that make a good marksman.  Regardless of the shooter's experience level, having an objective observer / coach work with you once in a while can identify and resolve bad habits.  I would love to have a facility near me that had instructors that could reinforce my good and slap me when I do something wrong, and I've been shooting professionally and competitively for about 35 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JC10311:

And yet every one of them shot their last deer "just over 500 yards away".  The amount of skill that shot takes far surpasses most hunters abilites and yet I hear it at least once a month.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 9:50:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: koisld] [#8]
that right,I'm stealing your idea. I have a similar problem where I need to move the shooting station to get different ranges.thankshttp://goo.gl/0U2hFr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top