Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2013 12:54:57 AM EDT
Have any of you tried the Bindon Aiming Concept?  If so, what was your experience?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I see shooters struggle when the target is far out when using their Trijicons with these. I have used them, but usually not past 100 yds. I like Trijicon stuff, but I would stick to reticle based or simple small MOA red dots as the bar gets in the way of some shots.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 3:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a 1-4 or 1-6 power scope with a throw lever.   It is better all around.
I ended up with a couple of Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5 scopes for my 5.56 and .308  3 Gun rifles.
And I used the .308 deer hunting.    

Craig
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 1:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there a better forum in which to ask this?

I keep going back and forth over the optic thing: pros, cons, clarity, distortion, reticle, brightness, battery life, speed of switching magnification, price.  If I won the lottery I would get the Specter DR and not give it a second thought.  Since I can't spend what I don't have, it complicates the selection process.

I like the idea of a 1-6, but I've got the stigma of the Bushnell on my 30-30 in the back of my mind telling me a Bushnell isn't worth over a grand.  Did they outsource the materials and construction for their 1-6 line to be above and beyond what they offer in their hunting line?
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The only time I'm not shooting with both eyes open are for shots that require precision.  3 inch steel at 100 or a fullsized target at 300.  For those precise shots I'll either hit the throw lever and take a breath and go to one eye, or just blow through it and hope i hit it.  Some targets are set up to be extremely extremely difficult and sometimes you are better off to just take the shots and if u hit it great if not just keep the momentum going.  

But basically anything of decent size below 100 yards I am going to keep both eyes open.  I have yet to be at a match where we had a moving target past 200 yards, and even the one that was moving was on the same axis so I didn't really have to do any true 3 dimensional tracking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top