Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 2:37:43 PM EDT
Just got home from GORUCK Firearms Day - Pistol and the beta class of GORUCK Fight.

Located at Ancient City Shooting Range in Saint Augustine, FL with the class used one bay of the range for the day.  Class was centered around concealed carry so IWB holsters and covering your pistol between rounds was encouraged.

There were three instructors on hand for the 18 students attending.  A retired Recon Marine, current Army SF and former Israeli SF proved individual and group instruction.

The class was valuable to me to get a full day of training in and left me more confident in my pistol skills and interested in training more.  The Fight class was just a few hours but opened my eyes to the potential of overturning what may seem like insurmountable odds when threatened by a bad guy with a gun.

The GORUCK instructors were excellent and professional and I only wish I had signed up for the Rifle class today as well.

We used VTAC targets and moved between 7 and 25 yards for the day.  Maybe 400 rounds max.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Wish I'd known about this!!  Sounds like a good time.  (I just attended the Pannone class there.)
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds real interesting.
Since it was a GoRuck class was there a ruck march component as well? :)
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've actually been looking at a couple of their one day events for the spring.  Would you consider the training on the level of the three hundred dollar cost plus ammo?  Doesn't seem like a particularly large amount of trigger time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've actually been looking at a couple of their one day events for the spring.  Would you consider the training on the level of the three hundred dollar cost plus ammo?  Doesn't seem like a particularly large amount of trigger time.
View Quote

Great.  What are you comparing it to?  I haven't been to a lot of shooting classes but I want to be taught something, practice it till I understand it and move on to the next subject.  I also want previous lessons reinforced throughout the instruction.  I'm not sure that basing a class on how many times you pull the trigger in the day is relevant.  We spent a full day training
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Great.  What are you comparing it to?  I haven't been to a lot of shooting classes but I want to be taught something, practice it till I understand it and move on to the next subject.  I also want previous lessons reinforced throughout the instruction.  I'm not sure that basing a class on how many times you pull the trigger in the day is relevant.  We spent a full day training
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fair, and I agree with your what you are saying training-wise.  I'm simply attempting to gauge curriculum -vs- other one day or weekend classes I've looked at on the interwebs.  Round count is just one of the simple apples to apples to look at when trying to make comparisons.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's fair, and I agree with your what you are saying training-wise.  I'm simply attempting to gauge curriculum -vs- other one day or weekend classes I've looked at on the interwebs.  Round count is just one of the simple apples to apples to look at when trying to make comparisons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done multi day rifle and this single day pistol.  Obviously more time is better.  So do whatever you can afford or do both.  Report back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top