Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2015 1:07:09 PM EDT
Organization:    Asymmetric Solutions
Class:              Carbine 1  (Basic Carbine)
Date:                March, 7th 2015

Class Size:      14 Students
Class Duration 1 Day
Instructors:       1 Instructor - 2 RSO's - Assistant Instructors

Took this class yesterday at Asymmetric Solutions, felt that they did an excellent job with the class

Details:
One arrival all students are asked to sign a liability waiver and if they are a first time student complete a registration form.
Promptly at 9:00AM they had all participants in classes that day meet for a quick briefing, safety overview, and introduction to the instructors for the different classes.  I believe there were 4 different classes taking place yesterday.

Instructors met with their respective students and directed to the ranges where there class would be taking place.  (Note:  this is a very large facility and though there were multiple classes going on the only evidence of this from our location was hearing shots in the distance and seeing them at lunch)

Once our class had arrived at our assigned range the instructor Ginger started by collecting the forms and giving a more intensive safety briefing.  He then went over the mechanics and traits of the AR15  using his personal weapon and a few of the students guns as examples.  (Note:  This class is not restricted to ARs, simply a matter that is the recommended  choice and all that was in use yesterday.)

The next step was for all students to go prone and do a 25 meter zero on their carbine.  (Did I mention that there was still some ice and snow on the ground).  Instructors were very helpful in this including working extensively with the one member of our class who was a complete novice.  

Once everyone was zeroed to their satisfaction we began by firing first single shots and then controlled pairs at approximately 15 yards form the standing position.  Coming from High ready position and firing as soon as the target (8.5x11 sheet of paper was acquired)

Went forward from this to failure drills (2 center mass, one to head) and other drills.  Worked extensively with all students on clearing malfunctions of different types, mag changes, and running the weapon efficiently)

Lunch was Chicken Chili which was excellent (Or I was really hungry)  Afternoon was spent on turn and shoot drills (Left, Right, 180 degree turn and handling the weapon safely and efficiently while doing these drills.  Final segments were firing while moving forward and firing form behind cover and slicing the pie.

Ratings:
Quality of instructors    -     Top Notch
Knowledge of instructors - Top Notch
Pro Shop - well stocked with all the essentials, prices were fair, not great but fair.

Final Notes:
I have a physical disability and the instructors were all very patient and understanding.
The one complete novice in our class (First time they had fired an AR was that day)  The instructors took turns working with her on the side in order to not delay the class and by the end of the day she was keeping pace with the rest of the class.

Overall:  Would highly recommend these folks and plan on taking more classes there in the future.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Asymmetric Solutions is a great facility with great instructors who are also great people.  

Glad to hear you had a great time!

Phil
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
If anyone is within driving range of Asymmetric, you will not regret taking classes from these guys. They are the real deal.

Don't miss the chance to train with genuine subject matter experts, including special operations combat vets who have "been there, done that."

They are, to a man, fantastic instructors and you will be amazed how much you will learn.

Check them out:

Asymmetric Solutions USA
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a membership down there for a year. Absolutely great instruction. Ginger and Sam are probably my favorite instructors down there,but their all great bunch.
Dave"chicken Chili" is a phenomenal cook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top