Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2014 6:36:38 PM EDT
M3 Strategies Fundemental Handgun AAR
    When we're talking about classes, what makes a class great?  What type of teacher can you get the most out of?  For me, when the teacher is so excited and passionate about the stuff he's teaching, is when I know I'm going to learn a ton and also have a great time.  The first day of handgun fundementals, Stephen starts out by saying he wants to give us the best class we've ever taken, and he was not kidding.

When you see "Handgun Fundementals", you might think this class might be too basic.  I'll tell you this class is full of fundementals but is anything from your basic class.  Stephen went into great detail, the "how's" and "why's" of grip, stance, draw, etc.  Through out the first day, not only were my groups starting to shrink dramatically but my speed increased.  The targets that we shot, I really enjoyed.  They helped me to be true with my accuracy.  Instead of for instance, doing speed reloads and making "combat effective" hits on a human size torso, your doing speed reloads and making hits on an inch and a half black square.  You might think, well combat accuracy is just fine.  Well on a flat range in a controled environment, if the best you can do is "combat effective" groups, then you might have some trouble getting rounds on target in a real life threatening situation.  Honestly after the first day, I was so happy with what I learned with grip, stance, recoil control and, accuracy, that I felt I had gotten my moneys worth already.

Day two, we moved into moving drills.  This is where the stuff we learned on the first day all came together.  Doing drills like the "soul crusher" and "there and back", brought the balance of speed and accuracy.  We finished up the class by shooting a 1 inch square, which was on our certificate of completion, while on the shot timer. Very nice touch which sumed up a lot of what we learned.  And following that, some people brought rifles out and had some fun shooting Southern Thunder reactive (exploding lol) targets.  All in all, I was extremely happy with the class and with what I learned and would take another one in a heartbeat.  I really think with all the detail Stephen goes into, it helps you to self diagnose when your practicing at home.  Stephens passionate personality mixed with jokes along the way make this class one of my favorites and I'd highly recomend this class to anyone wanting to take their shooting to the next level.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top