Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2014 4:56:52 PM EDT
Asymmetric Solutions USA is a premier training facility south of Saint Louis, Missouri on an 1300 acre site just south of Farmington, Missouri.

They recently brought Zac Jackson on board as a trainer. Zac brings a wealth of experience, having served 20 years as a US Navy Seal, the last eight as a member of DEVGRU (Seal Team 6). He then went on to a distinguished career as a trainer for various agencies in the federal government. Here's a bit more about Zac.

Zak Jackson, Chief Professional Instructor

Zak spent 20 years in the US Navy as a career SEAL at Naval Special
Warfare Group 1 and Group 2, with his last 8 years at Naval Special
Warfare Development Group (SEAL Team 6).  He is the recipient of four
Bronze Stars, three with V for Valor Devices and is the veteran of 11
separate combat deployments all over the globe.  Zak was the primary
instructor and curriculum developer for multiple programs inside of the
Tier 1 and standard NSW training pipeline and has a breadth of subject
matter expertise.  Prior to joining Asymmetric Solutions, Zak worked as
an instructor for the Kennedy Irregular Warfare Center and US Department
of State’s Anti-Terrorism Assistance Program.

Zac, simply put, knows his stuff, to put it mildly, and is a SUPERB instructor.

We were fortunate to have him teach our civilian Tac 3 pistol class, since he is the designated professional trainer at ASUSA.

Zac ran us hard, all day and we all learned so much, me particularly.

He had us focus on really dialing in each fundamental aspect of using a handgun, from stance, through presentation. It was simply awesome.

For me, the best "take away" was really taking a hard look at my draw and presentation. Zac emphasizes getting the pistol into action ASAP the minute it is drawn, thinking of the handgun "riding a rail" from high on your chest, pushing it out aggressively and getting those sights on target. His teaching technique, obviously reflecting years of experience, was very enjoyable, since everything he taught was presented professionally, in a kind, supportive manner, with corrections given very constructively and helpfully.

I particularly appreciated how he drilled us on identifying, for ourselves, where our errors were being made and why, everything from not being in the proper stance, to where we were during each phase of the draw stroke.

Frankly, it was a revelation and I've taken now a LOT of classes.

A twenty year Navy Seal veteran with many real-world combat deployments with rounds coming back in his direction many times gives him precisely the kind of experience we all need to hear about what it is like in the real-world and learning techniques for engaging from various positions, even from flat on one's back, learning how to shoot from cover, and how to use concealment effectively.

He also emphasized index shooting at relatively closer ranges.

He walked us through a great course of dry fire skill practice for four hours, followed by live fire excercises for five hours in the afternoon, having us work on putting rounds accurately on 6" paper plates from a whole host of positions, with movement, back, forth, sideways, turning from left and right and doing complete 180 turns, presenting each time from the holster, firing controlled pairs.

I can't say enough about the training and the curriculum at ASUSA.

Guys, if you can, check it out. We have folks now driving in from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, TX, etc.

FWIW.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report.  I train with a few places and have been wanting to get over there.   I'm only about an hour away in IL.   I'll heck the schedule and see what I can do.   I just had a total knee replacement and should be able to move around better before summer.   So I'm looking for to going over there.     Can you tell us more about the facility and logistics?

Jerry Nuss
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Jerry, what specifically would you like to know?
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Lodging and food in the area, places for supplies.  Basic information like that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:16:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Would also like to second the OP's comments.

I also have trained with Zak as well as all of the other instructors at Asymmetric Solutions and the level of training there is unmatched for breath of course selection and quality of instruction.

In fact, I just returned from there this evening for a welcome home party for Grady Powell and  Jared Ogden from their current  season of filming Ultimate Survival Alaska for the National Geographic channel....to be aired later this fall/winter.

Had a good long discussion with Zak regarding recent personal health issues and how to work around them during future training. He is an amazing instructor, a genuine hero and a great friend.

You  will not be disappointed when attending any of his classes.

Kerry
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:25:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lodging and food in the area, places for supplies.  Basic information like that.
View Quote

Farmington MO is only 15 mins away with a good selection of hotels, restaurants from fast food to BBQ to good steaks / chops @ 12 West....an upscale place to dine. Walmart Super Center and Lowes are in town.

For supplies there are several gun stores in Farmington but the one I would recommend is Cedar Falls Tactical owned by Ben Minkel.

Farmington Airport can handle any private A/C including jets and is only 15 mins from the 1800 ac Asymmetric Training facility.

Be advised...they now have a new two story air conditioned barracks on site, free of charge with heads, showers, meeting rooms and kitchen available  so hotel lodging is really unnecessary.

I have completed 19 courses there over the past year.

Highly recommended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top