Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2012 2:48:36 PM EDT
This is an AAR for the TNVC / Telluric Night Vision Defender course put on in Victoria, TX May 18 to 19 and was sponsored by Wild River Ranch.  The class was made up of mostly civilian shooters with a few folks with prior military background.  The students were all pretty experienced gun handlers and a few had just completed the Telluric Intermediate Rifle course as a qualifier for the NVD course.  Some students had experience using night vision equipment in hunting applications, but most had never received any formal training on its use.  In addition to the instructors, staff from various manufacturers of goodies were present – Wilcox, LDI, FLIR, and others.     This class was billed as a basic night vision course – but an advanced gun handling class.  Having attended many firearms courses and taught more than a few myself, I’d wholeheartedly agree.  Once you add live fire to a nightime course, you must depend on each shooter’s capability to safely manipulate their weapons systems without use of visual cues.    This group of students did not disappoint in that area.  Everyone I saw maintained safety discipline and I never felt at risk on the range.  Anyone considering attending this course must ensure they are ready for this level of training.  Muzzle and finger discipline, weapons loading/unloading/manipulation must be ingrained enough to be reflexive to be able to do this safely.   To their credit, both the instructors and students made sure this was the case for the duration of the class.  Primary instructors were Don Edwards, Kyle Harth, and Chip Lasky with several others folks assisting.  Chris Lucci of Wild River Ranch sponsored the class and did an outstanding job getting us all together for this!

GEAR
I used the following in the class.  
LMT MRP 12.5” AR15 – Aimpoint T1, Surefire Vampire, LDI OTAL IR Class 1, Gemtech M4-02 can

A-Alpha ½ shell Helmet – Rhino Arm Mount, Princeton Tech MLS, EOD Counterweight, Surefire Vampire

I borrowed a MUM-14 for the class from TNVC since my NE PVS-14-17 did not arrive in time.  The MUM performed very well – but I love the NEPVS now.
Glock 22 with Meprolight NS and Insight M3 light – Safariland 6004 thigh holster
DAY1
The class started at 1300 on Friday afternoon with an extensive classroom lecture including the history of image intensification (I2) technology, applicable human physiology vital to its use, and the theory behind how I2 works.  These basics theories formed the understanding of the limitations, advantages, and applications we would be taught over the next 2 days and nights.  Both different configurations of systems and different technologies (thermal) were covered in detail.  After the technology review, the classroom portion moved towards suggestions of how to configure personal NVG gear set the stage for the range session.  Class adjourned around 1830 for dinner which was provided at the range.   The meals both nights were catered in by one of the best BBQ outfits in Texas.   Definitely first class all the way.  I would have eaten more but I was trying to keep the tank somewhat low so as to not interfere with the night’s training.
The range work began with zeroing of the IR lasers on the rifles and very quickly progressed to “up” drills at 7 yards out to 25 yards.  This allowed the students to familiarize themselves with using the NVGs with the IR lasers to make A zone hits on a target on demand.   Drills began as 1 round on target, scan, and return to ready and progressed to random round count/shoot until the threat is down, scan and wait for command.  This exercised folks capability to manage their weapon system status, tactical and emergency reloads, and the occasional malfunction clearance under NVG and no light.  While this doesn’t sound very advanced to anyone that hasn’t done so in the complete dark, trust me it is. ;)  Next the group moved to positional barricade shooting – high, moderate, low, and low low (on the ground sideways).  This was instructive in how your mount changed relative to seeing the IR laser through the goggle in very non standard postures.  Again, doesn’t sound difficult – but it does require a complete shift in how you think about managing the rifle and gear under goggle.  Shooting wrapped up around 2330 and the class broke up around 0030.
DAY 2
The next day began again at 1300 in the classroom with significant lectures on gear setup, tactical considerations for deploying white light, IR light, and the NVG, and more gear review show & tell from the manufacturers.  Class continued with practical exercises in a blacked out room under goggle that demonstrated the effect of the NVG on depth perception and spatial management.  It was very clear after no more than 15 minutes that folks were getting much more adept at moving around in the dark using the NVG.  The teams were able to successfully complete agility tasks that only a few hours before would have been comical, at best.  This underscored the need to plan to spend some time under goggle some time BEFORE needing to deploy it.   I found that after 30 mins or so, things became very natural for me.  Classroom work concluded at 1800 and the course moved back to the range for dinner.
The second night live fire picked up with an outstanding “Winning the light fight” lecture and demonstration before moving to handgun drills.  Instructors covered use of tritium night sight deployment under NVG and students demonstrated the capability to make rapid, surgical hits in complete darkness with the pistol and no laser.  Again, all the basics of safe and efficient gun management were tested without visual cues.  Next came use of the handgun mounted white light in response to target lighting while under NVG.  This was integrated seamlessly into the handgun drills so that students had to quickly transition from NVG enhanced sighting, to naked visual sighting, and back while responding to light up actions by the threat.  Transitions from long arm to side arm were also practiced.  The course concluded with a significant graduation exercise that involved integrating everything taught in the class.  Without ruining the details of the final exam for future classes, students were asked to perform live fire rifle and pistol exercises involving both COM hits, head shots and weapons manipulations, as well as negotiation of a pretty ingenious obstacle course that exercised your ability to effectively deploy the NVG in various environments and circumstances.  Added to that, the whole exercise was under timer for pressure and, as in real life, only hits count.   The obstacle course certainly got heart rates up and tested capability of the shooter under physical stress as well.  The class concluded at 0100.  Two very full days!
Limitations/Comments
One limitation of the range used in Victoria - based on the location and needing to have darkness to shoot on an outdoor range, but having to wrap up shooting by 2300 or so to prevent neighbor noise issues, the range time was definitely pushed.  The fact that many/most of the shooters had suppressors on their rifles helped out to a large degree and did extend shooting time.   It would be very nice to have access to a large indoor dark area for non shooting exercises – storage place or the like.

Don’t bring cheap ammo for a class.  You are really slowing yourself down and limiting your learning if you don’t have a 100% reliable rifle, pistol, ammo, and whole system.  Before I arrived, I had tested every magazine with the ammo I’d be shooting and brought top quality stuff.   The result was zero weapons related issues and I could focus on learning new things.   A few folks did struggle a bit with this.  This is been true to a degree in every class I’ve seen or taught.  Save ammo bucks on your range.

Light discipline.  On the first night, we had all sorts of issues with the students not keeping track of their white light discharges.  This does not become apparent until you are trying to operate under goggle for a sustained period of time.  Of course, this was a large part of the training and purpose for the class – but it can not be overstated to keep your white light use to a minimum during the training.

Because I was using a borrowed NVG, I didn’t have the ability to zero my IR laser before class and was not as familiar the MUM as I wanted to be.   I would suggest students spend time before class becoming very familiar with their NVG before the class to maximize training time.  This should include familiarity with your mounting systems.

Key learnings for me were:
1.Anyone who has a NVG really MUST take this class.  You will learn and encounter so many things you haven’t considered – I promise.  Even very basic activities are very different under goggle.  Having experienced guides for this journey is beyond valuable and greatly shortens the learning curve.  
2.Everyone who owns a NVG should have a well designed helmet mounted system.  The flexibility offered by this adds several orders of magnitude to the value of the NVG over weapon mounted systems.  A single device provides you capability to navigate, overcome obstacles, deploy force, transition between weapons, all while maintaining concealment for the user.  It is a true force multiplier and makes you a more effective defender.  It also adds considerable safety since you don’t have to point a rifle at what you want to see.  The PVS-14 monocular is an extremely versatile and effective piece of gear.
3.Understanding of the technology and its application really puts the operator in the drivers seat.  Being able to experience the classroom first hand on the range really reinforces the message and brings it home.  
4.Where this class really took it to the next level vs any other I’ve attended is in the vendor/supplier support of the course.  TNVC, Wilcox, Laser Devices, and FLIR systems had representatives in the class to provide a detailed orientation as well as show and tell of their respective product line.  Being able to handle and experience first hand equipment was invaluable.  The representatives were, of course, thoroughly knowledgeable of their products and answered all questions.  It was very much like having your own mini-SHOT show in the middle of a course on NVG technology.  Students got to see, use, and handle $60K+ equipment in the classroom AND on the range that most have only read about or seen on a video game.  Somehow this was accomplished without ANY sales pitch pressure other than the effectiveness of the equipment in hand.  
5.The newest fusion technology of I2 and thermal is A-f*ckin-MAZING!   It really isn’t fair what we can do on the battlefield with this stuff.    FLIR ADUNS. T-50.   PVS-21 goggles.  DBAL-D2.  Etc. Etc.

On the whole, I was extremely satisfied with the class and very impressed with both the instructors and the vendor staff involved.  The depth of knowledge from these guys was phenominal.   I am definitely interested in more opportunities to train with Telluric, TNVC, and the team!  Do yourself a favor and get involved with the next class.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like TDunn did a hell of a job already here, but here's my AAR as well for this class. It's extremely late, since the class happened 2 months ago and all, but nevertheless here it is. Hopefully others can gain some knowledge from it.

On May 25-26 2012, Tactical Night Vision Company (TNVC) in conjunction with Telluric Group conducted a TNVC Night Defender course in Victoria, TX. The class was made up almost entirely of civilians from different walks of life, as well as at least one law enforcement officer. This class was intended to better familiarize students with their night vision devices and how to properly employ them in a variety of ways, both on and off the range. This was not a shooting class, this was a Night Vision class (although we definitely put a good number of rounds downrange during our brief few hours on the range each night). Like I stated, the purpose for this class was to familiarize students with their NODs, how they work, their capabilities and limitations, etc... so that they could most effectively employ them in their given situations. Their was a variety of different night vision devices and setups, but most students including myself were running the Night Enforcer PVS-14 night vision monocular. A couple students had PVS-7s, and one was running dual PVS-14s with the new N-Vision Dual PVS-14 Adapter.

The class met up at 1300 on TD1 in the conference room of our hotel. This was different for me, as I'm always used to meeting up on the range and ready to shoot. This was evidenced by the fact that I was the only dude in the room rocking my Multi-Cam combat shirt. It also just so happened that my corner of the room was where all of us Marines in the class were located. This is never planned, but always seems to happen with us... Semper Fi!

The instructors for this class were Chip Lasky and Kyle Harth from TNVC, and Don Edwards from Telluric Group (I could swear there was another person from Telluric Group as well, but I'm having problems remembering here so I deeply apologize if I've forgotten brother!). These are some solid dudes with a metric fuck-ton of knowledge and real world experience working with NODs in hostile environments. If you had a question, they could and did answer it. They put on a Powerpoint presentation for us on the history of night vision and how everything works. It was all very interesting and it definitely helps you to use your night vision to the best of your ability if you know how and why things work the way they do, as well as its capabilities and limitations. We also had a representative from FLIR on hand to explain the advantages of thermal imaging devices as well. He brought some toys for us to play with, including the FLIR Recon M24 thermal monocular, which I'm definitely going to be buying for myself at some point in the near future. They're just so badass! Laser Devices was represented too by an awesome dude named Raul, and we got to see a few new products that are about to be released or just released from them, too.

A rep from Wilcox (one of the former Marines in attendance) was on hand to show us their night vision helmet mounts and explain how they're far superior to the standard GI Rhino mounts. I can attest to that myself. Last year I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a Wilcox L4 G24 mount and PVS-14 Arm and couldn't be happier. It's a much more solid and secure mount system, and doesn't bounce around like crazy as the standard GI mount system does. However I did have to purchase the more expensive Wilcox PVS-14 Arm with the auto on/off button built in to it, just because that arm cantilevers the PVS-14 forward and essentially allows it to slide closer to your eye. The standard Wilcox PVS-14 Arm just doesn't get close enough for my eye (it won't even allow the unit to touch my ballistic glasses!), and causes the effect of looking through a straw. I didn't need or like the actual auto on/off feature with the upgraded arm though, so I just cut off the wire so it wouldn't just be dangling around freely.

Before this class I really wanted a set of dual night vision binoculars, like PVS-15s or PVS-23s. I'd looked through some ANVIS 9's a couple years ago and was convinced I needed a setup like that, running duals. However, while in this Night Defender class I realized the PVS-14 night vision monocular is extremely versatile and is a fantastic option for myself and most others. I discovered that depth perception issues are sorted out simply by training and running NODs frequently. Another great new tool that helps tremendously with depth perception problems is the Re-Focus Ring (RFR), manufactured by STS. The RFR is flip-down lens that slides over the objective lens of your night vision device and stows away by being flipped up and out of the way until you need it when looking at something up close in your hands (loading mags, reading, lubing your gun, etc..). When you flip it down over the objective lens of the night vision device, it instantly provides a focus of 18", rather than having to manually focus your night vision device's objective lens for up close. However even with the RFR mounted, you can still make slight adjustments when it's flipped down, so it doesn't have to be exactly 18" of focus. I bought the Re-Focus Ring months before this class and thought it was kinda shitty to be honest. I thought it was more of a pain in the ass than anything, and was much easier to just quickly manually focus the objective lens myself. However I found at this class that for me the depth perception doesn't seem to be as exaggerated when using the RFR as opposed to manually focusing the lens yourself, and I've now found the RFR to be a fantastic little accessory that will remain on my PVS-14. Once you get the hang of using it, you'll find it's extremely useful and invaluable. I've actually used it with great results cooking myself a microwave dinner in pitch black in my house one night, and even ate in the dark as well. Although I had food all over my face, the RFR really helped when preparing everything. I really like it.

Another popular accessory for night vision is the Wilcox Amber Filter, which replaces the standard eye cup on the PVS-14 (and other model NODs as well). Its purpose is to kill the green backsplash on the operator's face when wearing night vision. It also acts as a demise shield and helps protect the lens. I've had one for a while now and have decided that it just isn't for me. Since it clips to the outside of the PVS-14, it prevents me from getting my eye as close as possible to the unit, and narrows the field of view a little. Apparently this is not an issue for most people, because I haven't heard anyone else complain about it. But mine fell off at the range and I quickly threw it in my range bag and went to the firing line without it, and I immediately realized I had a wider overall field of view since I could get my eye even closer to the eyepiece of my PVS-14. So for now I'm running my PVS-14 with nothing but a standard demise shield insert (to protect the lens), and I like it this way. I wish Wilcox would think of making an amber filter that was an insert like the demise shield is, instead of the eye cup design that goes around the outside of the unit.

We shot just our carbines on the first night. We only had a 25 yard range to work with, but for what we were doing it was plenty. Everyone got on line and we went through the process of zeroing our IR lasers. There was a large presence of Laser Devices DBAL-I2 Class 1 eye safe IR laser units. I was running one of them myself. The Class 1 DBAL-I2 is an extremely effective and capable IR and visible laser unit. I've used mine extensively over the past year that I've owned it, and am very happy with it (once the battery drain issue was finally resolved anyways, of course covered by the warranty as well). I actually used the DBAL-I2 in a Costa Ludus Night Operations class running the IR laser under NODs at 50 yards when the rest of the class was running white lights, and I could still easily see my IR laser even with all the white weapon lights going on and off around me and very effectively engaged the target downrange. I've also engaged targets with the green visible laser in the daytime on a very overcast day once out to 250 yards. Another great thing about it is that it doesn't bloom like crazy when you point it at your target, which allows you to be more precise with it. I continue to be impressed with the DBAL-I2 Class 1 laser unit, and I'm so grateful to LDI for finally releasing a class 1 laser for all to enjoy.

I did actually have issues getting my laser zeroed though, which was very odd for me. I'd co-witnessed it the night before with my aimpoint using my PVS-14 mounted behind it with the TNVC TM-14 ring and Aimpoint twist mount base at my house in the backyard using a telephone pole 60 yards away. I've done this many times and it allows me to easily get hits with the IR laser out past 100 yards. However for some reason this was not the case in this class. Thankfully though Raul from Laser Devices came along and helped me out. It turned out my IR laser's elevation adjustment knob was almost completely unscrewed and about to fall out! I think the person who put it back tougher at Laser Devices after my warranty repair must have not screwed it back on completely, instead they just screwed it until the two white witness marks aligned with each other. But thankfully Raul got me all sorted out and I did a quick co-witness, fired a few rounds and was close enough for the work we would be doing.

I was running my BCM 12.5" upper with 11" Larue Tactical rail, Aimpoint T-1, Surefire Mini Scout light and DBAL-I2 on my SBR registered Larue Tactical billet lower. I was also running a Surefire FA556-212 sound suppressor the whole time. About half the class was running suppressors, while the other half ran loud.

I also ran the new(ish) ALG Defense ACT trigger in my gun ("ALG Combat Trigger" is what ACT stands for). The ACT is simply a single stage mil-spec trigger that is polished and has its components hard-lubed. Whatever the hell that means is beyond me, I just know that these triggers are the very best and smoothest mil-spec triggers I've ever used! They have zero creep or grittiness. It's just a really nice 6.5lb pull and the reset is amazing. It's simply a fantastic mil-spec trigger. Everyone loves the Geissele SSA trigger, but I just could not shoot the damn thing very well. But I absolutely love these triggers. I've got 3 of them now. It's great to finally have mil-spec triggers across several of my lowers that feel almost identical to each other, rather than one being great and one having lots of grittiness, etc... I was blazing fast with that thing, too! The only downside to this trigger, and it's consistent with all 3 of mine, is that I cannot use the Battle Arms Development BAD-ASS ambidextrous safety with it. The reason for this is because it's too hard to easily put the gun on safe when the bolt is locked to the rear. You can do it, but you have to be very deliberate when doing so, rather than just quickly flicking it on safe. It's dragging on something I guess, and I'm not smart enough to know what or why, so I just settled for installing a plain mil-spec safety lever.

I know some of you are wondering why I'd ever want to put the gun on safe when reloading in the first place, and the reason for this is because instructors like Jeff Gonzales and Pat McNamara are now requiring students to do this in their classes for safety reasons. It doesn't impede or slow down the process at all though, so long as your safety is functioning perfectly. I might contact ALG Defense some day and ask about this, but as of now it's not a huge deal to me not having an ambidextrous safety.

We ran a lot of standard square range "Up Command Drills," NSRs, Failure Drills, reload drills, etc.. I quickly realized that I seemed to be the most experienced student in the class when it came to shooting under NODs. Don Edwards also pointed it out to me, and I was honestly a bit surprised simply because I'm not used to being the most experienced student in training classes. It was at that point that I was well aware at how fortunate I am that I have a range available to me to shoot at night any time I want to, with both white light and under NODs. The owner of the range trusts me and knows I'm squared away and safe. None of the other students have this great option available to them, so this class was the first time a lot of them were ever doing any actual shooting at night under NODs with IR lasers and illuminators. For me almost all of my knowledge was gained in the classroom at this course, although there were several lessons learned on the range as well.

One such lesson was clean your fucking gun before class, dumbass!! Normally this isn't an issue, but since I was running suppressed I should have taken the time to wipe down and re-lube everything beforehand. But I didn't and I suffered the consequences. My gun ran just fine for a few hundred rounds. I was going through a lot more ammo than the others, because I knew I'd brought WAY too much of it so I wanted to get as much trigger time as possible, and I did. My Surefire suppressor was slightly glowing visibly orange, and under NODs that things was super bright. After a course of fire the students would pick up about 3 of their empty mags on the ground, whereas I would search around for the 6 PMAGs and occasionally a 60-round Surefire mag as well. Good shit!

So after a while my gun started getting really sluggish and nasty. I reapplied lube but it still was getting more and more sluggish. I eventually began having feeding and cycling issues, then got plenty of experience doing malfunction clearances under NODs, which is always fun. I was running M-Pro 7 lubricant. I recently switched from Slip 2000 to M-Pro 7 after I had the same issue in my Costa Ludus class back in January with a BCM 14.5" mid-length. I just can't seem to run a gun suppressed for more than a few hundred rounds before I start having issues, and no amount of lube can resolve the problem. I'd really appreciate ANY feedback on this one, please. Am I the only one who can't seem to run a gun suppressed through a whole class without it choking and going down? It seems that other guys who run their guns suppressed all the time don't seem to have this issue like me. I dunno.  :confused: I wound up spending an hour and a half that night at the hotel cleaning the shit out of it, and then we wound up only shooting handguns the next night. Oh well.

One thing I feel the need to mention though that I learned a long time ago is at a class like this, where there's a lot of money and logistics involved and a very small window of time to shoot at night on the private range, is that you need to being quality ammo to run in your gun! For fuck sake, if you can afford night vision and IR lasers and silencers and shit... Do NOT bring Wolf ammo!! That just didn't make a whole lot of sense to me when a fellow student did just that, but hopefully he learned his lesson. It's also very important for you to be very familiar with your gun and to be able to manipulate it in the dark, since it's a night vision class and all.

I also had major issues with my goggles fogging up. I was wearing the new Smith Optics Boogie Regulator goggles, using their awesome new bungee cord kit that is made to easily attach the goggles to my Ops-Core helmet via the included plastic hooks that attach to the ARC Rails. It's a great attachment system and I loved how it all worked, except the goggles themselves fogged up like crazy, even though they are made to not fog up. The Boogie Regulator goggles have a little "regulator" that slides open and closed that exposes a bunch of little holes cut into the goggle that allow air to get in and help prevent fogging. If the wind is blowing or you're moving and getting good air flow in there, it does work pretty well. But if you're just idle and not getting air flow in there, they'll fog up like anything else. Victor and Chip both recommended I get the Revision EXOSHIELD goggles. So I went to TNVC's website and bought a pair after the class. On website it says that they (TNVC) haven't been able to get these goggles to fog, but unfortunately I got them to fog in a mater of minutes in my backyard the night after I received them in the mail. I must have a fucked up face or nose or eyes or something, because everything seems to fog like crazy with me.

However I tried out the FogTech anti-fog wipes that came with my Wilcox Amber Filter and it works pretty good at combating fog. It essentially turns fog into liquid form (water), so your lenses of your goggles or glasses will still be wet, just not foggy though. So you'll still be able to see through them, which is the point. I still need to get to the range with this stuff on to test it for real, but just in the backyard here in the insanely humid Houston climate it works pretty damn well.

We started off the second day of training again in the classroom. At one point, all of us students went outside the room and hung out in the hotel lobby while the instructors blacked out the room almost completely and we took turns going in the room in groups. Once inside, we did things like picking objects up off the ground and throwing balls around to each other in order to get us used to the depth perception issues when wearing NODs. They also had us get used to focusing our objective lenses at a certain distance in the room so we could read off the letters on a piece of paper on the wall. Little exercises like these really help you get used to doing normal, everyday tasks while wearing NODs.

On our second night on the range we ran just our pistols. Most everyone there had tritium sights on their guns, and the method they used to engage targets was to use the glowing tritium dots, which under NODs look like 3 small blooming lights. It isn't exactly the easiest or most precise way to go about things, but is definitely better than nothing and up close can be pretty effective.

Myself and one other student however were running red dot sights on our pistols. I was running a Glock 19 with a Trijicon RMR-07 adjustable mini red dot sight. Using a red dot sight in the daytime is already great and advantageous, but having a red dot on your pistol at night under NODs is fucking incredible! It makes things so damn easy and efficient. It's the same at night as it is during the day: simply place the dot where you'd like the bullet to go on the target and press the trigger and watch a hole appear where you were aiming. Yup, it's that easy! And there wasn't another student there using his iron sights that could keep up with the accuracy I was getting with my red dot sight. But after a while the instructors allowed students to use their lasers on their handguns if they had them, and you could tell an instant difference in both speed and accuracy when those students began engaging their targets with the lasers instead of the irons sights under NODs.

I did start having issues with my RMR-07 sight though, as it began shifting from really bright and back to dim during recoil. It didn't actually effect my shooting at the close range we were at, but at lover ranges the bright level under NODs would bloom a little too much to be precise with shot placement (like a head shot). Apparently this issue is common with this model of RMR and I'm sending it back to Trijicon to have the unit fixed or replaced.

The last thing we did was go through an obstacle course, which I thought was really fun… even if it took me 5 damn minutes to get the "hand grenade" through the blasted hole!

I really enjoyed this class and learned a lot. I only wish I would've been half this proficient with NODs when I was in the Marine Corps. I had a great time and also met a lot of really great dudes, several of which I can now call friends as well. Thanks to TNVC and Telluric Group for putting this gig on, and thanks to those reps from the several different companies who came and brought the awesome toys with you. I really want that $64,000 ADUNS optic that FLIR makes!

Also MANY THANKS to Chris Lucci of Wild River Ranch for hosting this class! Hopefully I'll be able to get back out there before too long and do a hunt with him to slay some nasty hogs. This was a fantastic class and I cannot wait until next year when hopefully they'll have a slightly more advanced class for those of us who attended this one. We'll see how everything goes I guess.

Hopefully Chip or someone can post pics from the class. I don't have any myself, but I know him and some others took some. Another student took a ton of video under night vision and thermal as well, which would be awesome to see if he can post it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the kind words brother.  I'm glad you liked it.

This should link to the reviev in the NV forum with pictures.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/371587_TNVC_Night_Vision_Defender_Course__AAR____Texas_edition.html

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Shot at Tellgru just last night, blacked out, IR lights and Lasers are pretty sweet, and thanks to Don and th late great Kyle Harth I have a good Idea as to how to go about employing them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#4]
We will be running this course again at our NV training facility in Brunswick GA 17-18 Nov. Telluric NV Defender
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top