Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2016 9:07:09 AM EDT

I'm going down to my favorite place in the world to start Ranger, class 11-16 this weekend. Any tips from anyone who's been recently?

A couple questions: Which company is better/worse at Rogers/Darby? A/B/C?

Garmont T-8's OK? 5 years ago (whiffed it after phase I) they were sending people with Garmont's home at the inspection bc when the heels wore down a little and the instructors measured the backs of the boots, they would be like 7 7/8" high, 'not 8"' - which was of course total fucking bullshit bc half the instructors were wearing them. I think they just had too many students in the class, probably.

My fall and winter are going to be fun

It's great training and I'm glad for the opportunity. I get to go swimming, parachute, work out, go camping, hiking, and even do a zip line!

My anxiety has been this week. I know, bitch up.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:33:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bes53181] [#1]
Havent gone, may be going next summer but we'll see how the cards fall at benning.
Had a  handful of friends go through it recently, so I'll just echo what they told me.  

Know your shit and do it the way the RIs want
It's a big shit fest with a surprising amount of fuckfuck games
be ready to just suffer for a long time
You'll likely recycle, take that time to recoup what you can
With regards to the companies, some are super strict but will "make" you pass whether you like it or not.  Others are more relaxed but tend to boot more people later on.  Not that you really have any say over any of that, but it is what it is.

Again, all secondhand, but the reports are all pretty much the same.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Wish I had gone when I had the chance... oh well enjoy. How many years have you been in? Only advise I have since I never went is shut up and do what your told lol. And keep track of your shit. Somehow when someone loses something they end up finding it later...Strangely someone else suddenly lost that same item.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
update?  Did you go?  Did you pass?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah dija make it?  Still there?  I just saw this thread, but wouldn't have been specific help anyway, went in '98.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top