Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2017 12:19:03 PM EDT
Im getting back into competitive shooting after some 10 years.Although I have been shooting for the past 25 years on a weekly basis,nothing competitive.I want to shoot 2-Gun matches basically a Pistol & Rifle.The pistols I have now are a Kimber 1911 Custom Tactical in 45acp and a Glock21 SF Gen 3 45 acp.The Glock has some frame grip reconfiguration and XS sights.The rifles two iron sighted ones a AR15 20" barrel and a M14.A Tavor 18 " with ACOG sight and Podium bipod.A Arsenal AK47 with Aim Point,A DPMS Sportical 308 with Vortex Aog type sight and Harris bipod.Do I have to purchase a specialized inner and outer belt system .What mag carriers for both 1911 and Glock as well as 223  & 308 mag carriers.I know this is alot of questions but recommendations would be most appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
For mag carriers, I use the Ready Tactical or Way Of The Gun pouches.

For belts, you anything stiff. The inner and outer belts are good in that you can easily change its config.

BTW I don't see many 2-gun matches anymore. Who's running them in your area?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The Pima pistol club in Tucson AZ
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
With 45 ACP and 308 in your stable you could consider shooting heavy metal/heavy optics, if the club you shoot at offers that division in 2-gun.

Get yourself an inner/outer belt combo from Shooters Connection.

They have holsters, mag carriers, etc.  And they ship super fast.  

I use bladetech mag carriers.

Don't go too crazy buying gear until you have a few matches under your belt.  You can see what other guys are using and have a better handle on what you need.

Honestly a back pocket works great for most AR type mags.

Get a retention holster.  There is too much dynamic movement, running, jumping.  In and out of cars, snow fence.... etc.   A hot gun on the ground is a DQ and a trip home.  You won't move a place up or down because of the speed of your draw in 2 or 3-gun.  

I think the Safariland GLS Pro-Fit is the best thing going right now for a competition holster with solid retention that doesn't impede the draw.  I have an ALS as well.  The nature of the thumb drive is detrimental towards nailing a really good grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top