Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2017 11:15:28 PM EDT
I recently purchased the Blade Tech IDPA holster setup with the double mag carrier.  I'm a tall guy with long arms so my draw and mag access requires some extra motion due to the height the holster/mag carrier rides.  My question is can I put the Drop/Offset adapter on and still comply with IDPA rules?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Most likely not.  Chances are, a DOH hanger will break the following rules:

8.5 Holsters

H. For male shooters, the holster must carry firearm so that the entire front strap (to the trigger guard) is at or
above the top of the belt. IWB holsters are exempt from this rule.

Q. For male shooters only, the holsters must fit the shooter’s body such that a ¾ inch diameter dowel placed
between the shooter and the firearm anywhere above the belt contacts both the shooter and the firearm
simultaneously.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#2]
6'4".  I would if I could but I can't so I don't .

It's not that bad once you get used to it anyway.  Just practice a lot with a empty gun.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
6'4".  I would if I could but I can't so I don't .

It's not that bad once you get used to it anyway.  Just practice a lot with a empty gun.
View Quote

Thanks for the input.  I'm 6'-5" with roughly a 6'-8" wingspan.  I was hoping for the offset because it feels like the top of the gun/holster is actually angled back towards my side.  I've been dry firing but just looking for ways to improve.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Only if you pee sitting down.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:25:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutDriver] [#5]
You could always say you identify as a female and magically you are.

Per the current rules, drop offset is only allowed for female shooters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top