Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2017 10:30:15 AM EDT
I shot the BNA USPSA match in Hattiesburg, MS on Saturday. I finished 2nd overall behind a Limited GM and 1st in Open, over two Masters.

BNA USPSA 1/28/17 | Open Division Win | POV

BNA USPSA 1/28/17 | Open Division Win | 3rd Person

I got a little sloppy a few times, especially on steel, but other times I was locked in.

I almost won stage 1 overall. I was .27 seconds faster than the winner, but I pulled a D where he shot a C. I still managed 99.74% of a Limited GM on that stage, so I'm proud of myself.

I had a few “aha” moments on calling my shots, which is encouraging since that’s still a work in progress for me. I distinctly remember the last shot on the last target from the first position on Stage 4. I fired off the last shot as I was pulling away, and I saw that it was right at the edge of the target. By the time my brain processed it, I was already a couple steps away so it wasn’t worth going back for a make-up. Luckily that round was on paper, albeit an inch from the edge. That was my only D for the stage, but I'm ok with it because I saw it while shooting.

I’m not sure what happened on the second string of the classifier. My first string felt great, but the second string just felt off. It turns out that it was about a half a second slower than the first string, with worse hits as well. I don’t remember a bad grip or anything, so I’m not sure what happened.

I’ve been working on a lot of turn and draws in dry fire, and I felt like it paid off on stage 6 and in the first string of the classifier.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats
More winning, every match helps MAGA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top