Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2016 10:36:20 AM EDT
So all this year I did USPSA matches with a RCS Phantom holster and 2 mag carrier. I have noticed in dry fire sessions, and in longer matches, the way I have to draw from the phantom would irritate my shoulder. I have also just used it for USPSA and instead utilizing a Raven VG2 for concealed carry (AIWB). So with that combination the whole Phantom setup is destined for the EE soon.

So I was looking into putting together a belt for USPSA and Steel matches. I am torn between a Safariland ELS type setup or going with a 2-belt system with CR Speed pouches and a dropped/offset holster. Looking for a good discussion on what you guys use/recommend. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TennJeep1618:
It's really hard to beat this kit, especially for the price:  http://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-boss-doh-holster-5-x-ghost-magazine-pouches-double-alpha-academy-daa-belt-deal/
View Quote

Very interesting indeed. Any thoughts on the holster differences or is there essentially no difference between them?
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By casarez:

Very interesting indeed. Any thoughts on the holster differences or is there essentially no difference between them?
View Quote

I've never used one of the holsters that comes in the kit.  I bought everything separately at different times and used a holster a buddy of mine made.  I've used other Blade-Tech holsters in the past and they were fine.  Never tried a Comp-Tac.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TennJeep1618:I've never used one of the holsters that comes in the kit.  I bought everything separately at different times and used a holster a buddy of mine made.  I've used other Blade-Tech holsters in the past and they were fine.  Never tried a Comp-Tac.
View Quote

Right on. Reading into what the "hardware" choice is about.

Seems I can color coordinate the belt and mag pouches which is important. ;)
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Right on. Reading into what the "hardware" choice is about.

Seems I can color coordinate the belt and mag pouches which is important. ;)
View Quote

The hardware choice refers to the length of the spacers on the BOSS hanger.  I got the standard size, then sanded them down slightly (maybe 1/8") just to be 100% confident that I was within the equipment rules for production.

And yes, color coordination is extremely important.  It doesn't matter how good you shoot if you don't look good doing it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TennJeep1618:The hardware choice refers to the length of the spacers on the BOSS hanger.  I got the standard size, then sanded them down slightly (maybe 1/8") just to be 100% confident that I was within the equipment rules for production.

And yes, color coordination is extremely important.  It doesn't matter how good you shoot if you don't look good doing it.
View Quote

Just figured that out but thanks for the explanation.

Hahaha, yup now I have to ensure I wear the right shirt for shoots now.

I am waiting for them to get in to ask but maybe you know. Can I swap out just the holster part or do I need to remove the entire thing (Holster + BOSS) to shift between pistols?
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:24:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TennJeep1618] [#7]

Just figured that out but thanks for the explanation.

Hahaha, yup now I have to ensure I wear the right shirt for shoots now.

I am waiting for them to get in to ask but maybe you know. Can I swap out just the holster part or do I need to remove the entire thing (Holster + BOSS) to shift between pistols?
View Quote

You can leave the mount (circled part) on the belt all the time, but you'll need to remove the hanger plate via the two screws, then swap out the holster via the 2 or 3 mounting screws.

If you plan on swapping back and forth a lot, it may be worth it to get another hanger (http://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-boss-doh-holster-hanger-y-plate/) and already have the other holster attached to it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:26:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: touchracing] [#8]
I'm using a DAA belt with the BOSS hanger and love it.  I have switched back and forth between a Bladetech 1911 holster and a Comptac M&P holster.  If you want to switch often get an additional "Y" plate for each holster shell.  Then it's just 2 screws to swap shells.

Dang I type to slow.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TennJeep1618:You can leave the mount (circled part) on the belt all the time, but you'll need to remove the hanger plate via the two screws, then swap out the holster via the 2 or 3 mounting screws.

http://i.imgur.com/3Blsrkg.jpg

If you plan on swapping back and forth a lot, it may be worth it to get another hanger (http://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-boss-doh-holster-hanger-y-plate/) and already have the other holster attached to it.
View Quote

Awesome man, thank you very much for the help!

Ordered and now to wait for the delivery man.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Got it in and did the initial setup. Going to do some dry firing/skills practice to ensure I have everything (Like mag hyolders) where I want them. Initial impressions though: the holster is a 1000% times better.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 2:04:38 AM EDT
[#11]
It's really hard to beat this kit, especially for the price:  http://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-boss-doh-holster-5-x-ghost-magazine-pouches-double-alpha-academy-daa-belt-deal/
View Quote
This is my Production setup. I'd buy it again.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

For production that is the way to go, the blade tech pouch on the Boss hanger is about perfect. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top