User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot both , disregard what you don't need or want.

Rules only matter if you care about being penalized. Me no really caring about you silly rule.

I'm here for the shooting
View Quote

The problem with this in IDPA is you can be DQed for "failure to do right".  In other words.  Good bye you're done for the day thanks for your 20 dollars.  Of course this is fully dependent on the guy ROing the stage, but it is a rule in book.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The problem with this in IDPA is you can be DQed for "failure to do right".  In other words.  Good bye you're done for the day thanks for your 20 dollars.  Of course this is fully dependent on the guy ROing the stage, but it is a rule in book.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shoot both , disregard what you don't need or want.

Rules only matter if you care about being penalized. Me no really caring about you silly rule.

I'm here for the shooting

True, I was a day in and day out worker bee so I kinda got a pass.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not in NY Julie must of done a lot of traveling in her youth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shoot both, but USPSA is more fun in my opinion. Also we have junior shooters in our area. Not sure who told you a 16 yr old cant shoot, because they can.

Not in NY Julie must of done a lot of traveling in her youth.

Juniors can shoot in matches in NY until they are 21. Then, they must get a pistol permit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Try both. My local IDPA club has much better people involved who are more interested in being challenged than the local USPSA club.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#5]
IDPA has a highly flawed ruleset, but it's also often more popular in some areas. Shoot what you can, and shoot where you can get competition for your skill level.

If you get to a point where you aren't being challenged at local IDPA matches, open up a whole new can of worms and start driving out to USPSA matches.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top