Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/24/2015 1:21:43 AM EDT
If it's 10 rnd/minor, I'm in fo shizzle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Not here, no need to play toddler open, I already have the adult's version.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#2]
No.  Stupid division.

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
It'd be nice to know exactly what the rules for the division are first.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
My guess is it's basically production with a dot.  If that's the case, I'm buying a Glock 34'and a RMR.

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.  I thought you were talking about IDPA or some such.  The last time I shot an IDPA match (first one in several years) there was some talk about a Carry Optics division there, too.  Maybe USPSA decided to beat them to the punch.  

I found it in the USPSA BOD meeting minutes  (you will probably need to log in with your member number to read it).

It sort of makes sense.  The micro optics have gotten to the point where they are suitable for concealed carry.

Although it makes me wonder a little.  Didn't IPSC used to have a "Carry Optics" division?  It was called Modified.

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same here.  I don't get to shoot enough matches that I've gotten bored with the Open blaster yet.  
Quoted:

First guess would be that all of the production rules applied (minor, 10-rd., fit in the box, holster rules) other than allowing a red dot.  The box would pretty well necessitate one of the small micro-dots. But that's just my guess.

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Where was this six months ago when I was using a RMR G34 for duty use?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I will play. I can compete in all divisions, this one too. I shot a match in the open division once with my Tanfo and a Fastfire II mounted to the slide. It was great.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You didn't sell it did you?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't sell it did you?  

Yup. They changed policy and we could only qualify with 3 guns, so I sold it to another team guy north of me. If I had to do it again I'd probably do a 19 instead of a 34.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Not if it has magazines restricted to 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ban state, they're all ten rounds. Must be fun with a long mag.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a G22 milled for a dot, I would like to use that, but not being "factory" is pretty hokey.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#15]
No Interest. It will probably be another division, like limited 10 or revolver, where one or two guys show up to compete at local matches.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#16]
We have a couple of guys that shoot the S&w m&p micro core (or whatever it is called) in open.  It would actually benefit them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
Then it's pretty much open without charging handles and comps. What's the point?

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Then it's pretty much open without charging handles and comps. What's the point?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then it is just production with an optic, whats the point?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd just as soon shoot open minor.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that is exactly the point. Glock and Smith each have optic ready plastic pistols.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#22]
In addition, I think people in magazine ban states would like a division where they can shoot with an optic.  Yeah, there's nothing technically stopping people from shooting open with 10-round magazines, but they wouldn't be competitive with 10-rounders when shooting out of state, and it would be annoying to have to mentally switch between 10-rounders and 20+ rounders depending on the match.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Does not bother those Canadians I've shot against in NY years ago. Must have higher mental powers to deal with the cold.

Is it true they set the weight limit low to keep the metal framed dot guns out?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#24]
10 rounds, minor, 35 oz max. It is production with red dots but with an interesting weight limit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In addition, I think people in magazine ban states would like a division where they can shoot with an optic.  Yeah, there's nothing technically stopping people from shooting open with 10-round magazines, but they wouldn't be competitive with 10-rounders when shooting out of state, and it would be annoying to have to mentally switch between 10-rounders and 20+ rounders depending on the match.
View Quote

I don't see a reason to penalize the majority because some live in communist states.

This is the same reason I rarely shoot IDPA, regular capacity mags are legal here and I plan to take advantage of them.

I'll just shoot open minor if I decide to use optics.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I don't see a reason to penalize the majority because some live in communist states.

This is the same reason I rarely shoot IDPA, regular capacity mags are legal here and I plan to take advantage of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

IDPA is more about leveling the playing field than nodding to ban staters. Even though the organization was stared during the Clinton ban. They want people with 15 round Sigs to compete against 17 round Glocks and 19 round CZs. Stages are limited to 18 rounds anyway.

Same concept as production, although it also makes it so .40 Major doesn't have a round disadvantage.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Production currently penalizing people who live in non-magazine-ban states?  Should the 10-round mag cap rule in Production be removed?  I mean, fuck those stupid Californians, am I right?

I carry non-limited magazines too, but competition is not carry.  Adding a mag cap to the rules requires more frequent magazine changes, which adds another level of skill into the competition, what with having to plan where your reloads occur and just the mechanics of performing the reload.

I understand if you don't want to shoot Carry Optics, but the hatred of a new division that won't affect you if you choose not to shoot it is sort of confusing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Not confusing at all, I don't hate it, I just think it has stupid rules.

From what I'm reading at Enos and other places, I'm not nearly the only one that thinks so.

Face the facts, it is a division cooked up by the BOD to keep Glock and S&W spending money in the sport. Maybe a good idea, but at least be honest about it.

It really doesn't matter to me, I'll not be competing.

What is confusing to me is why you give a crap what I think.

Anyway, I'm done talking about it, enjoy "Welfare Optics".
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#29]
A) I have an M&P Core in 9mm already
B) Don't the new Pro Cores have ports, thus making them illegal for a production + dot division?
C) They should have replaced L10 with this class. 10 rd mag limit for the ban state people to play, but a way to get optics involved and keept he 2011's at bay (price tag).

I will probably move from production to this new class, only b/c it's new and exciting and I can.

Will it stop me from continuing to save for an open gun? No, entirely different animals.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#30]
This division was made because Glock, S&W, and Springfield basically told USPSA they weren't going to support the league on the same level they were in the past because essentially their guns aren't as competitive as the CZ's and Tanfoglio's. So since USPSA likes their money they made this new Carry Optic division with a 35oz weight limit thinking they would now be competitive since just about all the all steel guns can't make weight...

Now the Glock/S&W/XD guys are still pissed because they have figured out the CZ P-07 and P-09 are going to dominate the class due to the triggers being leaps and bounds better than any striker fired guns trigger could be.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I will absolutely try it out.  I think it's a perfect way to 'stay in the game' in Production division as our eyes get older.  And, realistically, small optics on defensive weapons is probably the way of the future.  I'm on board.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This division was made because Glock, S&W, and Springfield basically told USPSA they weren't going to support the league on the same level they were in the past because essentially their guns aren't as competitive as the CZ's and Tanfoglio's. So since USPSA likes their money they made this new Carry Optic division with a 35oz weight limit thinking they would now be competitive since just about all the all steel guns can't make weight...

Now the Glock/S&W/XD guys are still pissed because they have figured out the CZ P-07 and P-09 are going to dominate the class due to the triggers being leaps and bounds better than any striker fired guns trigger could be.
View Quote

Do they even make an RDS-ready P07? I thought the division said it had to be an unmodified slide?

ETA: It will still sell guns. At the local matches I see 3-4x the M&P Pros and G34's than I do CZ's for production. I assume carry optics will be the same way. The top dogs may run whatever they want.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Do they even make an RDS-ready P07? I thought the division said it had to be an unmodified slide?
ETA: It will still sell guns. At the local matches I see 3-4x the M&P Pros and G34's than I do CZ's for production. I assume carry optics will be the same way. The top dogs may run whatever they want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be asinine.

The actual rule says...

"21.2b Milling of slide — only as required to insert optical sights

A slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing optical sights, and for no other purpose."

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Good deal... doesn't take much convincing for me to buy more CZ products, but I think my Apex'd core will work well enough.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That would be asinine.    

The actual rule says...

A slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing optical sights, and for no other purpose."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be asinine.    

The actual rule says...

Correct, the slide can be milled if it's only for the purpose of mounting a red dot.
I'll buy another one if I decide to get into this division. Mine got caught up in a weight loss program inside our HAAS VF-3. :D

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes. My 229 slide with an rmr milled in will be here Monday. Looking forward to it. It will also be my duty gun.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I did. A 226. When we traded them in last year I went with a 229 instead. Easier to carry off duty. Sold the 226. This will be the same sight/RMR set up essentially. Just on a 229 instead.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No.  Stupid division.

View Quote

It is retarded.

Why not make a standard cap Production?

I want a 17 round Production division other wise i am really not all that interested.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A) I have an M&P Core in 9mm already
B) Don't the new Pro Cores have ports, thus making them illegal for a production + dot division?
C) They should have replaced L10 with this class. 10 rd mag limit for the ban state people to play, but a way to get optics involved and keept he 2011's at bay (price tag).

I will probably move from production to this new class, only b/c it's new and exciting and I can.

Will it stop me from continuing to save for an open gun? No, entirely different animals.
View Quote

If it is like production the rules allow you to swap a non ported barrel in the gun and shoot. Barrel has to match the factory profile. Basically written so the porter Glock guys could shoot production.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
It is retarded.

I want a 17 round Production division other wise i am really not all that interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  Stupid division.

It is retarded.

I like 10 rounds in production.

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#43]
If Carry Optics survives the trial period, I'm going to shoot it with my production gun (iron sighted) and rape them all.  Feelings will be hurt.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:24:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.  Stupid division.

It is retarded.

It is terrible, well out side of communist states, it is terrible.

I want to shoot standard capacity mags in my pistol in competition. I despise the "Lowest Common Denominator" rules.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

If Carry Optics survives the trial period, I'm going to shoot it with my production gun (iron sighted) and rape them all.  Feelings will be hurt.
View Quote
Much butt hurt will surface

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I want to shoot standard capacity mags in my pistol in competition. I despise the "Lowest Common Denominator" rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  Stupid division.

It is retarded.

Then lim minor is for you!
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#47]
S
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.  Stupid division.

It is retarded.

I would rather see production have a 15 round limit. I understand Limtited Minor fits but it wouldn't be competitive at all. Production is one area I think IPSC did better than USPSA in a few ways.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I don't like the trigger requirements for IPSC.   If they dropped that I could get behind those rules.
View Quote

I don't like the barrel length limit either.  No G34 in "production"?  Dumb.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I didn't realize the 34 couldn't be used. Is that because it was introduced after they made the rules??

I just feel like their version is truer to the intent of the division. It seems ridiculous that you can buy a Glock put a 200$ trigger in it, put a aftermarket slide on it, and drop in a match grade barrel.

Almost as bad as "stock car" racing
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top