Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 4:17:41 PM EDT
I have a Glock 34 with a Dawson Precision ICE Magwell with aluminum insert. I was wanting to know if anyone knows what height out of the three available for the Dawson Precision EZ OFF +0 baseplates will still fit the IDPA box. https://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000071-1388517803

0.100" taller than standard factory baseplate
0.200" taller than standard factory baseplate
0.300" taller tahn standard factory baseplate

All help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a Glock 34 with a Dawson Precision ICE Magwell with aluminum insert. I was wanting to know if anyone knows what height out of the three available for the Dawson Precision EZ OFF +0 baseplates will still fit the IDPA box. https://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000071-1388517803

All help is appreciated.
View Quote

I have the +.200s on that same set up (Gen4 G34) and it fits in the box... It's tight, but it fits.  

Put it this way, it's tight enough that if I'm doing a box start, I use a regular base pad magazine so it's easier to get the gun out.  +.200s on the rest of them.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reply! That is exactly what I was looking for. Dawson Precision also replied with similar information. Please note that the height of your irons will also matter in regards to what baseplate height will be compatible!

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the +.200s on that same set up (Gen4 G34) and it fits in the box... It's tight, but it fits.  

Put it this way, it's tight enough that if I'm doing a box start, I use a regular base pad magazine so it's easier to get the gun out.  +.200s on the rest of them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

All help is appreciated.

Huh, you know, for some reason I thought that you needed to use the same size magazines in a match, but that's not really what the rules say.

As long as you use the heaviest and longest of your magazines for the equipment check, you can basically use anything on a stage. Provided that the mags meet the other criteria about add ons, weights, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top