Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2014 11:20:00 PM EDT
One of my buddies I shoot IDPA with cleaning a stage. I thought he did well trying to get him to take it to a official sanctioned level.

holidaysburg idpa
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 12:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Smooth.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good.

Note, not that big of a deal, but when starting a stage facing up-range, and unless otherwise instructed or not physically possible, you want to do your turn in the direction in which you carry your gun. In this case, the shooter is right handed, carrying his gun on his right hip, thus turn to the right.

Two reasons for this,
1) Much less chance of breaking the 180 on the draw.
2) It has shown to be quicker on the clock due to less gun movement.

That said, sometimes you don't have a choice, and if you can do it safely, go for it.

Nice run!
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#3]
i would have given him at least 3 procedurals for cover.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good.

Note, not that big of a deal, but when starting a stage facing up-range, and unless otherwise instructed or not physically possible, you want to do your turn in the direction in which you carry your gun. In this case, the shooter is right handed, carrying his gun on his right hip, thus turn to the right.

Two reasons for this,
1) Much less chance of breaking the 180 on the draw. Same chance to break the 180. Less of a chance of the RO seeing it.
2) It has shown to be quicker on the clock due to less gun movement. Depends where the first target you engage is. When engaging a target to the right, a right hand shooter has two options. Turn left 90 degrees draw and fire or turn left 270 degrees while drawing and swinging the gun. Most shooters go right for the comment I left for your first reason.

That said, sometimes you don't have a choice, and if you can do it safely, go for it.

Nice run!
View Quote

I put my comments next to your reasons.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:09:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I only saw 2.
Position 1 and Position 2. (both ends of the wall)
Where was the 3rd one?
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 2:21:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I only saw 2.
Where was the 3rd one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only saw 2.
Where was the 3rd one?

you are correct, my bad.  watched the vid a couple of more times and if it was me shooting i would turn right instead of left as the shooter did.   too easy to d/Q if timing is wrong.  But its personal preference
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 3:26:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top