[#1]
Don't load until the RO tells you to.

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
yes i know cool story and all that
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't shot USPSA in a while, when I shot any sort of loading wasn't allowed until the RO said to.

If what you did is currently allowed in the rules then you had grounds to dispute the call.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
blah
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't load until the RO tells you to.

Problem solved.
View Quote

This..........
you're pissed because YOU can't follow the rules?? But you're top shelf operator so the rules don't apply to YOU??
"deleted"

and what is "admin" load??
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
delete
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is the rule:

Section 10.5 Match Disqualification – Unsafe Gun Handling

10.5.13 Having a loaded firearm other than when specifically ordered to by the Range Officer

It's not allowed, therefore you were DQ'd.

I hate being told what to do but some rules are there for very good reasons.

You just learned an $80 lesson.  Shake it off and go to the next match.

Read the rules first.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#8]
And that RO would have DQ'ed Jerry Micaluk if he did the same things. I'm sure you were told it was a "cold range" in the meeting and in the match handbook. If you had looked at the USPSA rule book you would know this.
No one care if you shot with seals , sf , or God. Your done.
Suck it up and learn.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So my first USPSA sectionals match I got a DQ for admin loading my holstered gun while in the box waiting to shoot.  The RO did not even see it till I was told to make ready and brought up the gun to rack it.  Instant DQ seems harsh for a new shooter to the game with zero safety concerns.  So they took my $105 and I never fired a shot.  So after the RO confered with the big range nazi he said he is gone DQ.  I start loading my gear up to leave without saying a word and the range nazi came over to scold me.  That is when I lost me temper.  You can DQ me or you can give me a tongue lashing but NOT both.  The bitter taste  in my mouth will be hard to get out.

A little background on my shooting.  I shot combat rifle in the army, Biathlon in the army, CMP for a short while, Train with SEALS and SF on a regular basis for the last 5 years and on a entry team currently.  Believe me when I say I am very proficient and safe with a handgun.  The only reason I get talked into joining USPSA was to so I could compete in the sectionals.  This is because I was beating the top club shooters in my matches right out of the gate.  So sectionals would have been my 6th actual USPSA match.  If anyone needs to see the scores to see how I shoot I would be happy to send links to my match results.
View Quote

Obviously not.

The rules are in place for a reason. It's all fun and games until someone goes home with an extra hole in them because you thought you knew better than the RO.

If I were an RO, I don't care if you shoot all A's/Alpha's in .00002135 seconds, if you do something stupid with your gun, I'd send you home.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Clearly i had a short lived USPSA career.  I will go back to real world work and leave the gaming to the gamers
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Clearly i had a short lived USPSA career.  I will go back to real world work and leave the gaming to the gamers
View Quote

Just trying to get a better understanding of where you're coming from, but is the only reason your stopping is because you're unwilling to abide by the safety rules?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#12]
blah blah i got a dq
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:41:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:...Suck it up and learn..
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:04:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Keep this in the back of your head.  

The odds are that if you're new to USPSA, this was your first sectional match and 6th match total, the RO and Range Master have no idea of your proficiency with a firearm. The rules are in place and apply to everyone, regardless of their proficiency and ability to safely handle a firearm.

If you've got a mag inserted, no one has any idea if the weapon has a round in the chamber.  

You're right, it's a game.  And they have rules.  You broke them, same as the time I got DQ'd for breaking the 180.  

One of the reasons I think the sport has such a good safety record is because the safety rules are zealously applied.

Don't give up on the sport just yet. It's a lot of fun, and you meet some great people.

But don't get pissed if you break one of the safety rules and get called out on it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, instead of getting mad at the RO, deleting your post, and taking your ball home, read the rule book and learn how to shoot. Everyone gets DQ'ed sometime. I think you had in your mind you were going to show up at your first Sectional Championship and win. Does not work that way.
Change your attitude, "range nazi and gammer" will not help you make friends, read the book and LEARN.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#16]
In before the memory hole.

The rules apply to all of us.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#17]
one can be DQ'ed just taking the gun out of the holster before the "make ready" command.  You were at a sectional, not a club match.  There is no mercy in higher level matches when it comes to safety.

The course starts and ends with "make ready" and " range is clear".  if one needs to handle gun before that thats what the safe area is for.  

i have seen D/Q on thw first stage in both Idpa and uspsa.  one time at state idpa championship a shooter came to the line hot. he was told to load and make ready and a round came out the chamber. he went home without firing a shot.  the other was at a area match and the guys first shot was a ND.   went home firing one shot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
one can be DQ'ed just taking the gun out of the holster before the "make ready" command.  You were at a sectional, not a club match.  There is no mercy in higher level matches when it comes to safety.

View Quote

It is not mercy, competitors self inflicted their DQ. If the RO see's a safety rule broken they must DQ the competitor. If it it does not happen when it should, the safety culture of the sport will suffer and the likely hood of an injury or death increases.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top