Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2013 1:34:19 PM EDT
This was my first time trying out the GoPro indoors. Sound quality was better then I expected. Tell me what you think.

I have to say Outdoors > Indoors. The courses of fire were shorter, and not as many rounds downrange. It was still a lot of fun!

Youtube- Indoor IDPA Match

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bullet Hole... right?

I used to shoot with that group before moving to Texas.  Good people!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Close.. this was at Godfrey's
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Godfrey's? Where do you live? I'm here in Manhattan and actually spent some time at the bullet hole and centerfire yesterday when I went back to Olathe to visit my parents. Lots of rounds down range yesterday and got to spend some good time with my parents. Always fun!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This was my first time trying out the GoPro indoors. Sound quality was better then I expected. Tell me what you think.

I have to say Outdoors > Indoors. The courses of fire were shorter, and not as many rounds downrange. It was still a lot of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPHvaTlWU0
View Quote

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!

I wish I could get into shooting those competitions. I have all the equipment, wife even bought me a Springfield 1911 Loaded with target sights for graduation... I just don't really know where to get started and finding a club in MD is not that easy of a task.. Thanks for sharing, awesome video!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice.   How was your score on the FAST drill?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice.   How was your score on the FAST drill?
View Quote

My time on it was 7.95 seconds I believe. Scores from the match are not posted yet, otherwise I would have added it to the vid.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!

I wish I could get into shooting those competitions. I have all the equipment, wife even bought me a Springfield 1911 Loaded with target sights for graduation... I just don't really know where to get started and finding a club in MD is not that easy of a task.. Thanks for sharing, awesome video!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPHvaTlWU0

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!

There are three IDPA clubs in Maryland. One in Anapolis, Lexington Park, and Thurmont.
Link Posted: 9/28/2013 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
This is in Kansas???
I really need to get into this kind of thing.
I've shot alot of various fruits and vegetables but never any competition stuff.  
Looks like lots of fun
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]
What are your settings to get such good indoor low light quality?
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't shoot IDPA so here is a dumb question....

Do you have to shoot the activator and wait on the mover or can you shoot activator then a static target and back to the mover to save time?
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't shoot IDPA so here is a dumb question....

Do you have to shoot the activator and wait on the mover or can you shoot activator then a static target and back to the mover to save time?
View Quote

You can as long as you don't break any rules doing so. Some CoF would certainly encourage you to do this, but you could get dinged on a cover penalty if you lean out to shoot another target and then get exposed to the threat mover.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#14]
After going hot do you reholster?

Going to shoot my first match sunday morning!
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Needs a manssier...

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 1:57:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
After going hot do you reholster?

Going to shoot my first match sunday morning!
View Quote

Depends on the course of fire, sometimes the gun starts on a table or in a box, sometimes loaded sometimes not, but 90% of the time, yes you will load on the "load and make ready" command from the SO and the re-holster in the ready condition for your weapon and division.

If its your first time to a match, just let the Safety Officer at each course know its your first time when you step up to shoot, and they will help talk you through the motions and keep you safe.  Also, if you're not familiar with the rules with when and where you can handle your firearm and/or ammo aside from on the hot range, ask one of the staff in the admin area when you sign-in and pay to advise you where the safe zone is and if someone can cover the rules on that with you.  Never hurts to ask and you'll find most places they are glad to help introduce you to the game.

Most importantly, don't forget to Have fun!
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
Yeah I saw that and now OP owes me a new keyboard

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top