Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2015 4:12:15 PM EDT
I'm an experienced USPSA/3 Gun/Steel Challenge shooter and have some experience shooting military competitions (All Army Small Arms Championship).  I'm active duty military and want to pursue the President's 100 tab.  The rifle courses of fire and equipment rules seem pretty self-explanatory.  The pistol, on the other hand, have me confused.  

I own a Kimber Team Match in .45 ACP that I would like to use - is this pistol legal for use in the P100?  The trigger and hammer are skeletonized, the magazine release is extended, and the safeties are ambidexterous.  

If it's not allowed, what is the best off the shelf solution?  I know Les Baer has a pistol that is purpose built, does anyone else?

Reloads are allowed, right?  It's no longer 230gr. FMJ only?

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
There seem to be a lot of changes to the rules this year.  This is the best resource I can find.  http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/Rulebook.pdf  I think your pistol might be fine.  In the old days beaver tail safeties, extended slide releases and commander-style hammers weren't allowed but it looks like they are okay now.  Along with a 4.0 pound trigger....  Looks like a free-for-all to me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm an experienced USPSA/3 Gun/Steel Challenge shooter and have some experience shooting military competitions (All Army Small Arms Championship).  I'm active duty military and want to pursue the President's 100 tab.  The rifle courses of fire and equipment rules seem pretty self-explanatory.  The pistol, on the other hand, have me confused.  

I own a Kimber Team Match in .45 ACP that I would like to use - is this pistol legal for use in the P100?  The trigger and hammer are skeletonized, the magazine release is extended, and the safeties are ambidexterous.  

If it's not allowed, what is the best off the shelf solution?  I know Les Baer has a pistol that is purpose built, does anyone else?

Reloads are allowed, right?  It's no longer 230gr. FMJ only?
View Quote

yes it is permitted as long as the trigger makes weight. 4 lbs max.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top