Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 11:28:47 AM EDT
Anyone done it?  I'm looking for something to do when there are no XTC matches nearby. The only issue would be guessing at a 500 yard zero my first time out.

With no offhand, I see it has it's own class averages. For example, XTC Expert starts at 89% and MRP Expert starts at 94.5%. Is there a separate classification card for MRP or are they both lumped together?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I am pretty sure its own class. I also think MRP is lumped into F class
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am pretty sure its own class. I also think MRP is lumped into F class
View Quote

Oh, forget it then.  I'm not old enough to shoot F Class.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#3]
F Class shooters compete against F Class shooters.  They shoot on F Class targets.  

Sling shooters compete against sling shooters.  They shoot on the NRA targets.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Our club runs a 3x600 on the Sunday following the regular ATC matches on Saturday. Yes Fclass will be there. On their own targets, never a problem. I've only shot a true 300-500-600 midrange once. In Florida. And yes the classifications are different, percentage wise, a little higher. You do get separate cards for midrange and ATC and for long range. If there are matches available shoot them. It helps a lot.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Our club runs a 3x600 on the Sunday following the regular ATC matches on Saturday. Yes Fclass will be there. On their own targets, never a problem. I've only shot a true 300-500-600 midrange once. In Florida. And yes the classifications are different, percentage wise, a little higher. You do get separate cards for midrange and ATC and for long range. If there are matches available shoot them. It helps a lot.
View Quote

Sat XTC and MR on Sun------Blakely, GA?

Did you shoot yesterday on the electronically scoring targets?

4 relays and we were done just after noon. Stayed and helped put down new full face 1,000 yard targets for the regional and still got home at the regular time (3 hour drive).
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#7]
www.RBGC.org

Been to Blakely havent shot there yet though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]
It's supposed to be 54 and sunny on Saturday. If the weather holds, I may hit a 3x300. I'll post an AAR afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's supposed to be 54 and sunny on Saturday. If the weather holds, I may hit a 3x300. I'll post an AAR afterwards.
View Quote

I drove 90 minutes and waited in 35 degree temps, only to have the match director not show up. Some of the guys from that club started to set up for squadded practice, but I elected to save my rounds for a match and drove home.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]
That SUCKS!
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Our club runs a 3x600 on the Sunday following the regular ATC matches on Saturday. Yes Fclass will be there. On their own targets, never a problem.
View Quote

Our club (Cumberland Riflemen, Millville NJ) does the same, except with the days switched.
3x600 is Saturday at 0900 and 200-300-600 Across The Course is Sunday at 0800
Check out the website at Cumberland Matches
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I drove 90 minutes and waited in 35 degree temps, only to have the match director not show up. Some of the guys from that club started to set up for squadded practice, but I elected to save my rounds for a match and drove home.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was good to meet you.  First relays were brutal on the support hand with open finger gloves with that stiff North wind.  We were done by 1:30ish.  

The "match director" was worked over pretty stiffly on facebook yesterday.  

I put up two solid top of expert classification strings getting the new bolt gun squared away and finished with my first ever high master string putting up a 197 - 6X to finish out the day.  

Too bad none of it will count toward my classification.  

Glad I went, always nice to shoot with friends.  Miffed that the club failed to uphold it's end of the deal but thankful one of the club officers showed up and gave us a hand to salvage the day.  

Sabres has nice pits.  I hope they get their act squared away.  I'd like to go back if and when they do.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#13]
It was good to meet you, too. I'm glad you were able to get some shooting in and salvage your day.

I was following the club's Facebook thread and I was disappointed to see the match director blame everyone else, rather than take ownership of the problem.  In addition, it looks like someone nuked the Facebook thread, rather than deal with the criticism. It's too bad they have these issues with their organization. It's actually the closest 300 yard range to me, so they lost a potential member. I've already deleted them from the spreadsheet I keep on Ohio matches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top