Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 8:01:07 PM EDT
Hey guys, new shooter here!

I've gotten most of the equipment I need, but the last item I'm looking for is a scope stand.
I'm using a Leupold MkIV gold ring 20-40x60.  Can you guys point me in the right direction?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, service rifle.

I would prefer the creedmoor, with the upgraded head, but I also dont want to spend $400. I'm just getting into the sport, and I'm active duty mil. I wish I had the time and money to invest in getting a brand new one, but right now I'm so broke, I cant even afford to pay attention!
That's why I'm looking for a used one. Down the road, absolutely, buy a brand new one. For now, anything is better than the stand the the Gold Ring comes with.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The boards on the competition web sites list good used equipment, but it always goes fast when it comes up.

I put the links in so you would be familiar with the descriptions of the stuff that is probably more current. Some older stuff comes up which requires older friends to judge the worthiness.

Even EBay and Craigslist are worth watching too. Spouses and such often dump gear in the event of the sudden demise of a competitor. I'll keep out and eye and bounce it here if I see any.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:38:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've gotten most of the equipment I need, but the last item I'm looking for is a scope stand.
I'm using a Leupold MkIV gold ring 20-40x60.  Can you guys point me in the right direction?
View Quote

Sir, I have a Freeland Regal scope stand with saddle and zoom heads that I have not used since I bought my Ray Vinn stand.  Send mail if you're interested.  7zero1 out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#6]
You should look into a scope stand made by Dave Holub HMR Scope Stand . It's well made, solid and very affordable, $130 including scope head. If you can spare a little more, you could look into the Super Spotter Spotting Scope Stand . It's built like a tank and the machining is impressive, but it is also $310 complete. Both stands are made by competitive highpower shooters and are made to order, so they are willing to customize the stands as needed for you. I have the scope head from Denny at gearbuggy with the 2" extension and the quick-detach "Kentucky Slider" options. Love it. Best of luck in your search!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the HMR scope stand. It is a very good value. I would buy it again if I had to do it all over. Ray-Vin and Creedmoor are better stands, but cost much more.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Check the EE, Competition Section. There's a used one there now.

Keith
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top