Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2014 11:27:44 AM EDT
For bullseye pistol competition.  Should I get a white one or a black one?  What's the difference?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the white one. Either will cause you to concentrate with your aiming eye. However, the dark one will cause more of a strain between the eyes. The lighter/white one will be in balance with the aiming eye.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Anyone know of an on-line store with one in stock?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
This, you still want to see from the other eye.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the white one. Either will cause you to concentrate with your aiming eye. However, the dark one will cause more of a strain between the eyes. The lighter/white one will be in balance with the aiming eye.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, guys.

I found one and ordered from CHAMPIONSHOOTERS.COM.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]
try the following
Champions Choice
Creedmoor Sports
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I had bought a black one and it works fine.  The white one will be a benefit if you shoot under a covered firing line or indoors, since it reflects more light.

I used to clip it to my glasses and occlude my vision totally.  I thought this was ok, and then this year another shooter told me to try putting it out on my ball cap.  It took a little getting used to, but actually helped a lot with my sight picture.  The idea is to block your eye from seeing the target, but still let as much light in to your non-dominant eye as the dominant eye.  The "natural" light to both eyes helps keep your dominant eye from straining to get proper sight alignment and sight picture.

That's why a lot of people like the white blinders, more light reflection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top