Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2014 5:15:49 PM EDT
I'm new and not very good.  Sharpshooter scores usually.  Currently shooting an RRA lower.

That said, I've been thinking about getting a Geissele.

What are the differences that you guys have noted, comparing them side by side?
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Very different triggers, doing very different things.

If you have an RRA I'd advise to spend the 200 on ammo and keep shooting it. They work well. The issue is they don't have very tactile feedback after the break making it very easy to outrun the trigger. Geisselle doesn't have this problem, and the SSA is probably the finest all around trigger, bar none.

But you are years away from seeing any real improvement by virtue of buying a trigger. Train, train, train, then try one, and you can see if it is for you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 2:53:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Shoot it until it breaks or you're good then get a Geissele.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot it until it breaks or you're good then get a Geissele.
View Quote

This, 2012 I made P100 and in 2013 I legged out.... all with my RRA.  That stated I do have a Geissele installed on my back up/loaner rifle and several of the team rifles.   It is faster but right now you won't know the difference.  Wait until you can really call your shots in the ten ring before you worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#4]
When my RRA went bad I replaced with Geissele.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I had the same question last year at Perry when I got my RR NM rifle. was about to head over to the geissele hut and pay out for their trigger, but the people I was with talked me out of it for the same reasons listed above. Wait till you wear out your RR 2 stage, or a few years go by and you need to spend some money at Peryy for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I just put a RRA trigger into a practice lower. Lubed up with grease and installed correctly they work fine. Only difference I can tell from the SSA is it's just a little "mushy" on the break and .000000001 milliseconds slower locktime. It will work great for you. Spend money for now on range time or buy an air rifle/.22 to pratice with at home if the range is too difficult to get to often for pratice.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Each time the RRA wears out send it back.  Life time warranty, and all.

The SSA is not a 'match FCG'
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all.  I do have some money burning a hole in my pocket now, but I think I'll hold off on the NM SR trigger.

Now if I could only find bullets at a good price
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a RRA 2-stage trigger in my DPMS AR and have never had a problem with it through four years of NRA High Power matches.

Have a RRA carbine with the same trigger.

Also built my son a custom AR carbine and put a Geissele SSA in it. It's a little better (slightly less overtravel) but not a night and day difference. More like noon and 1PM.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top