Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2014 11:10:59 AM EDT
What's recommended for wear under a heavy NRA-style shooting coat?  I used to wear two sweatshirts under my ISU-style coat.  I was wondering if I should stick to that, if one sweatshirt would be preferable, or if maybe I should wear one sweatshirt with a Under Armor-type synthetic compression shirt......what's everyone going with?
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.creedmoorsports.com/shop/The_Creedmoor_Shooting_Jersey..html

This is a good quality jersey with double thickness under both elbows. I like mine a lot.
That said, nothing wrong with a decent sweatshirt if you don't want a zipper. Just about anything comfortable along those lines will work in terms of the shooting.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Whether I wear a borrowed creedmore hardback jacket or my lighter "does the job" jacket, I only wear one sweatshirt under it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 5:02:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I've usually gone with a t-shirt under my Cordua jacket. I didn't like the extra bulk either. Nor did I like the pulse rate going up when shooting in hot weather.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#5]
i just wear a t-shirt... also im a fatty mcbutterpants so there is that
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
If it's cold, I'll wear a mid-weight sweatshirt under my coat. Most of the time though, I use a long sleeved T that I pull on over my regular shirt when it's time to shoot. I don't like the feel of the coat sleeves with just a short sleeved shirt.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I sweat my balls off for years and years in a sweatshirt. I'll never do that again after getting a shooting sweater a couple of years ago. Much more comfortable and cool in the hot weather. I really like my Sauer sweater. In fact just about any sweater is going to be more comfortable because it will breath. Underneath I wear some type of Under Armor shirt.

B
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I ended up with a Nike dry fit long sleeve shirt. I wore the sweat shirt at first.... No need to do that. It's old school thought that has no value now. It's much too hot and the heat and discomfort are a bigger detriment to your shooting than a sweatshirt is supposed to help.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Under my shooting jacket I wear a long sleeve T-shirt (OSU) and over that an old OSU 2001 Oregon State Beavers sweat shirt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I wear a sand-colored hoodie.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm coming in late on this one but I wear a sweatshirt with pockets sewn inside the back. On the hot days, I put ice packs in the pockets. It does a good job of keeping me cool, which cuts down on the sweat and fatigue.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I ended up taking an old sweatshirt and having my wife cut some big holes in crooks of my arms with pinking shears.  It's comfy, and the holes seem to keep my left arm from falling asleep quite as fast.  I might cut some ventilation into it sometime.  I'll try to post some pics here sometime.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
my trusty grey ARMY PT hooded sweater.....the smell is good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top