Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2012 11:00:48 AM EDT
I have 2 of the AP customs 3x3 shell carriers. (I have smaller hands so handling 4 shells at a time wasn't for me hence 3x3 and not 4x4) I saw a video where the guy said always load from the shell caddy, every bit of practice is useful. Fair enough. Some matches have us pre load the tubes on all the shotguns and then put the shotguns in a rack so no problem, others only have you load up on the firing line (Takes forever to run shooters but it's not my range and not my place to argue it) but on those ranges if I load from my shell caddy I'm now left with fumbling to reload the shell carrier from my back pocket or cargo pocket, etc which takes forever so I was thinking about getting a nylon shotgun belt holder thing to then use to load my carriers and also as a place to store slugs or a place to put shells I can use when the bolt locks back; but I was wondering if there was a better option and if not who makes a good shell belt?
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#1]
There are tubes that you can out up to 5 shells in and 'strip' them into the tube all at once.  Saves a lot of time.

Something like this:

http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=TEC
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen those but I think using them puts me into a different division at most shooting events.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I would load the shotgun out of a dump bag on the firing line. No need to fumble with shell caddies or buy a piece of equipment just so you can get one more loading practice session in minutes before your stage. You probably made your money in the 1,000 quality reps you did in your backyard. If you think it will help, pull the shells out and stack them in your hand just like they were in a shell caddy.

Link Posted: 7/10/2012 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ChimRichaldson:
I would load the shotgun out of a dump bag on the firing line. No need to fumble with shell caddies or buy a piece of equipment just so you can get one more loading practice session in minutes before your stage. You probably made your money in the 1,000 quality reps you did in your backyard. If you think it will help, pull the shells out and stack them in your hand just like they were in a shell caddy.

While you might be right a dump bag is $15 and a bandolier that holds 50 shells is $17 and has the advantage of having the shells all lined up for you.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I would get the bandolier just because you may find an all shotgun stage and they can go 30 rounds. There was one at USPSA nationals. Ya it's not going to be the fastest but you may find yourself in a spot where you can't borrow a caddie, and a bandolier will be much better then a dump pouch.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ziebart:
I would get the bandolier just because you may find an all shotgun stage and they can go 30 rounds. There was one at USPSA nationals. Ya it's not going to be the fastest but you may find yourself in a spot where you can't borrow a caddie, and a bandolier will be much better then a dump pouch.

I have two shell caddies but with 9-10 in the gun, and another 12 on my belt if there is ever a stage where I need more it would come in handy. Seems pretty good so far. Just need another match to shoot with it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 8:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RAngry] [#7]
I'm taking a tactical shotgun class in June and need help with what to use for carrying extra shells (25) during the class.  Any chance for getting any links to these dump bags and or shell caddys??

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Look up California competition works, carbon arms, TACCOM, AP customs, and I'm sure there is some more that I'm forgetting.  None are that cheap, figure a dollar per shell.  Or go to Walmart or skeet range and buy a pouch for $5-20 that works if you aren't running, or expecting to reload on the clock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top