Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2011 4:36:16 PM EDT
Hey guys,
Can someone describe how this drill goes.  I did it YEARS ago and I can't remember the specifics.
I know it starts with shooter one beginning to shoot then shooter 2 ,then at some point shooter one starts to reload then shooter 2,  this goes down the firing line. etc.. etc... until everyone is shooting and reloading.  It's a great drill.

Thanks for any help

R.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Every instructor has his own take on it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll take one
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 1:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I have done it before with shooters starting with one round chambered.  Shooter 1 fires that round followed by shooter 2 and so on.  Meanwhile shooter 1 is loading at least two rounds and fires those two rounds as the the line starts again.  This continues until you load and shoot five rounds.  Secret is to load as many rounds into the gun after the first shot.  The group attmepts to have no breaks while shooting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
that';s it, thank you. Perfect.

great drill to work on reloads.
Link Posted: 10/16/2011 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got done running that drill at a 3 day Bill Jeans shotgun class.  Fun stuff.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
We ran this drill at the end of my last tactical shotgun class and it was a blast.  We did it with 5 targets so during your run you would engage multiple targets depending on how many shells you were up to.

S-shooter
T-target

S1 engages T1
S2 -T1
S3 -T1
S4 -T1
S5 -T1
S1 -T1 & T2
S2 -T1 & T2

And so forth until

S5 engages T1, T2, T3, T4, & T5
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#7]
row row row your boat with a shotgun?

I am in!
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
This drill is the last thing students do in my shotgun class. Leaves everyone with a smile on their face.

I let it roll till someone fails to keep up, or we get to the big 5. Either way lots of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top