Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2016 10:34:42 PM EDT
Have any of you guys practiced any drills, live fire or dry, that have given you the derp?

Example:

I used to do Jason Falla's Foxtrot drill as part of dry fire practice.
I figured it was a good drill that gave me dry fires, malfunction clearances, and reloads all in one drill.

Here is some dude doing the drill.

Now check out what I do during this course of fire.

I don't do that Foxtrot drill anymore.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]
At one point in time I felt the need to insert a magazine, then tap it once or twice more. This is so hard to break it's not even funny.

If you were doing this drill for a tap, rack, bang scenario, I like to load dummy round/snap caps into my mag.  That way when shooting, you get a feel for the malfunction as it happens.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The key to any training is reacting correctly to the correct stimuli. As an instructor I don't know why some trainers don't get it and teach weird shit. The inverse is how students can't see some of the nonsense that gets taught. Good luck and keep training. Remember practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are doing a drill, specifically malfunction clearance, for time then the focus should be on 1 task and making it efficient. Putting multiple malfunction clearances into a timed drill is just a parlor trick and has very little practicality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top